Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey!!! Jacob Carter's alive! OT:
    Spoiler:
    I just saw him on Castle! Okay, maybe it was Carmen Argenziano. They do look an awful lot alike.

This is shippy, honest!! Jacob was a 'shipper! See the end of, um...Threads? Middle of Threads? Somewhere in there.
    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Spoiler:
      I just saw him on Castle! Okay, maybe it was Carmen Argenziano. They do look an awful lot alike.

This is shippy, honest!! Jacob was a 'shipper! See the end of, um...Threads? Middle of Threads? Somewhere in there.
      I'll accept the shippiness of that statement. If it weren't for Jacob giving both of them a little "push", there would have been a Sam/Pete wedding rather than Sam/Jack fishing, and besides defying the laws of palatability, it also would have just been icky. So--yeah, Jacob!

And (that makes everything shippier. )
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I agree! YAY for Jacob - and Selmak, let's not forget Selmak.
        Do you think he had a talk with Jack in an unseen section of Threads? 'Cause we know Kerry knocked some sense into the General, but I'm wondering if he would have talked to Jacob in the episode - whenever Sam wasn't around. He doesn't want to spoil the surprise! - well, that, and she was technically still engage. ;P
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

GOOD MORNING, SHIPPERS!!!

*thunks to SkyOne for the cap*
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning to you too. Time difference really is a funny thing, it’s already 2:49 pm here. I’m sitting on my desk trying to do my paperwork...browsing the internet instead.
            I read a fic yesterday, an episode tag of “Decent” and maybe someone can help me. The author kind of insinuated that Sam could have escaped when they get trapped in the mothership. I can’t remember this and can’t watch the episode because I lent seasons 6, 7 and 8 to a friend. Is Sam staying with Jack even though she could have escaped?
            Last edited by Lilac736; 09 November 2010, 05:08 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

*giggles*

I do think Jacob and Selmak were shippers *nods*

<-- Just 'cause
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                Good morning to you too. Time difference really is a funny thing, it’s already 2:49 pm here. I’m sitting on my desk trying to do my paperwork...browsing the internet instead.
                I read a fic yesterday, an episode tag of “Decent” and maybe someone can help me. The author kind of insinuated that Sam could have escaped when they get trapped in the mothership. I can’t remember this and can’t watch the episode because I lent seasons 6, 7 and 8 to a friend. Is Sam staying with Jack even though she could have escaped?
                If you're talking about the part where they were trapped in the flooding section, there's no way either of them could have escaped. If Sam could have escaped, then Jack could have too. If there's some other part the author was referring to, I can't imagine what they were talking about.

What was the title of the fic you read?

Comment

Spoiler:

I saw that too and was so excited. I love Carmen!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                  I agree! YAY for Jacob - and Selmak, let's not forget Selmak.
                  Do you think he had a talk with Jack in an unseen section of Threads? 'Cause we know Kerry knocked some sense into the General, but I'm wondering if he would have talked to Jacob in the episode - whenever Sam wasn't around. He doesn't want to spoil the surprise! - well, that, and she was technically still engage. ;P
                  I'm sure Jack would have found an appropriate moment to speak to Jacob. I believe Jack really respected and even loved Jacob. He would have wanted to say goodbye. And I can't imagine Jacob not taking the opportunity to give Jack a little nudge like he did with Sam. Jacob was definitely a shipper and he certainly knew Sam was making a big mistake with and he understood that Jack would let her because I think Jacob understood Jack (they were a lot a like) and he knew Jack loved Sam enough to let her go if that's what he thought she wanted.

I don't see it as being a long, gushy let's talk about our feelings talk. I think it would have been short and sweet with some of the same witty banter mixed with an underlying fondness that we've always seen from them, but with Jacob taking a couple of very direct shots at Jack to get his head out of his butt and go to Sam because she needs him and he knows it.

Well it was Sam's idea to go down to the computer core after they crashed into the ocean. Jack chose to go with her, not the other way around, and that's when they got stuck in the flooded corridor. And they all could have escaped in the sub at the end, but Jack sends Jonas off and the other three go to retrieve Thor from the computer core. But Sam was never given the option to leave. It was her idea and there's no way Jack could have done it. Although I guess he could have taken Jonas or Davis instead. They might have been able to do it. But Jack would never send Sam to safety like that. He respects her too much as an officer. So no, I don't see where the author could get that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    If you're talking about the part where they were trapped in the flooding section, there's no way either of them could have escaped. If Sam could have escaped, then Jack could have too. If there's some other part the author was referring to, I can't imagine what they were talking about.

What was the title of the fic you read?
                    I think it is the part you mentioned. I can't remember the title, will try to find it again. Thanks!
                    sigpic

Comment

*mmmmmmm...Jack in leather*
                      *thunks*

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      Do u wanna join us for Penguins Challenge of this month?
                      The quote is soooooo fluffy:

She is the sunshine stars.
                      She has my brains and heart.
                      She is the brightest part
                      of this black universe.

And I think that Shipsgiving will be on 20th November *has a vid already done*
                      I'll give it a shot When's the deadline?

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                      On the thesis: I concede to the wiser, more experienced members of our community. Hearing the discussion and participating with my thoughts, I officially change my opinion. (Not that anyone cares, but I always feel it's fair to admit when I'm wrong).

On fanfic: I like Rachel's idea of putting my thoughts at the start. Leia made a great point and made me feel better about showing a progression. For now the early stories stay.

And in the mean time...

I really need to work on some new S/J fic or graphic or something >.<
                      *iz relieved*
                      *iz also glad I read it all again a couple of weeks ago *
                      *more fic would be very good*
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay, this is OT, but at least for me, ship related. And frankly I don’t know where else to ask.

Spoiler:
                        I have sort of a long term Sam/Jack ship project going. And I need some help. What is the third colour in the desert camo used in “Children of the Gods”? The basic tint is sort of beige and there is brown, but what’s the third? Is it pale green, gray, or something else? And the next question, has anybody a good picture of the Jaffa armour?
                        sigpic

Comment

Okay, this is OT, but at least for me, ship related. And frankly I don’t know where else to ask.

Spoiler:
                          I have sort of a long term Sam/Jack ship project going. And I need some help. What is the third colour in the desert camo used in “Children of the Gods”? The basic tint is sort of beige and there is brown, but what’s the third? Is it pale green, gray, or something else? And the next question, has anybody a good picture of the Jaffa armour?
                          Teal'c fan here. So just ask for Jaffa pics.

I've got more, but I'm just about ready to leave. Pm me if you need something different or more.
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post

I'll give it a shot When's the deadline?

There is no deadline, though on the 10th December there will be a new quote.
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I think it is the part you mentioned. I can't remember the title, will try to find it again. Thanks!
                              Having rewatched "Descent", I think I see where the writer got the notion she did. Sam is standing closer to the descending door than Jack is. So, had she thought about it quickly enough, she could probably have ducked under the door and gotten out. However, the door came down so quickly, she didn't have time to think of escaping. And, if she had the time, she would never have left Jack in that room, knowing it was flooding. It all happened so quickly, the only thing she likely thought about was getting to the control panel and stopping the door from descending or getting it to raise back up, which is what she attempted to do.

From a viewer's point of view, it would seem as though Sam could have escaped. From her point of view, there were only a few seconds to react, and she did the one logical thing she could think of, which was try to raise the door, which (of course) didn't work.

So I'm still sticking with the notion that Sam couldn't have escaped.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                Having rewatched "Descent", I think I see where the writer got the notion she did. Sam is standing closer to the descending door than Jack is. So, had she thought about it quickly enough, she could probably have ducked under the door and gotten out. However, the door came down so quickly, she didn't have time to think of escaping. And, if she had the time, she would never have left Jack in that room, knowing it was flooding. It all happened so quickly, the only thing she likely thought about was getting to the control panel and stopping the door from descending or getting it to raise back up, which is what she attempted to do.

From a viewer's point of view, it would seem as though Sam could have escaped. From her point of view, there were only a few seconds to react, and she did the one logical thing she could think of, which was try to raise the door, which (of course) didn't work.

So I'm still sticking with the notion that Sam couldn't have escaped.
                                I agree with you that it wouldn't be in character for her to have thought about getting out first. Her training and her experience teaches that she should go for the control panel, not for the door. I don't think Jack entered into it, except in the sense that someone was with her. I think it would have been the same if it had been Teal'c or Daniel, JMO.
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X