X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
    Hi, welcome back.

Spoiler:
    Something really cool happened to me today. I stood on the escalator in the supermarket, staring into space and there was this guy coming down on the other site. He seemed a bit odd, because he was wearing a big jacket (an olive military style one) and was quite warm here today. As he passed me I could see that there were Stargate patches on his jacket. You know the SGC, SG-1 and Air Force patches. It's a bit pathetic, but this really made my day. I just can't stop smiling ever since.
    Spoiler:
    That's such a nice story! Would make me grin for a couple a days. ;P

Makes me remember that when I was at a local Comiccon - very little when compaired to SDCC - I only saw one person dressed in SG, but she made me smile for the rest of the day! Funny how little things can improve your mood sometimes. Haha!

And I bought my SG1 patch at that con. They had every SG patches (SG1, SGA, SGU) - along with other TV Shows and music groups.

And to be On-Topic:

+ =
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I have an SG-1 patch too, maybe one of these days I'll dress up

I have done almost nothing for Shipsgiving, why oh why am I already behind
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

As my senior year of high school continues, I'm trying to buckle down on college applications and stuff. It makes me giggle when I think of two of the colleges I'm applying to.

SJU and UST.
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
          As my senior year of high school continues, I'm trying to buckle down on college applications and stuff. It makes me giggle when I think of two of the colleges I'm applying to.

SJU and UST.
          too bad those aren't the names of available majors....

Comment

Spoiler:
            I'm a proud owner of all three patches. I bought them on ebay a year ago (at the time you could choose between SG teams 1 - 20) and attached them on a BDU shirt. I actually wear it sometimes at work… now this really seems geeky, but no one can see me except the cattle and they don’t mind.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
              I have an SG-1 patch too, maybe one of these days I'll dress up

I have done almost nothing for Shipsgiving, why oh why am I already behind
              Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
              Spoiler:
              I'm a proud owner of all three patches. I bought them on ebay a year ago (at the time you could choose between SG teams 1 - 20) and attached them on a BDU shirt. I actually wear it sometimes at work… now this really seems geeky, but no one can see me except the cattle and they don’t mind.
              Spoiler:
              I have an SG1 patch and an SGC patch. I've thought about putting them on a green chamois shirt I got from L.L. Bean awhile back, or maybe putting them into some sort of wall display.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                Did you ask him which unit he was assigned to? How cool is that!

That would make me smile for days, too.

Welcome back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  I'm wondering if I took a picture down to Ft Bliss (El Paso, TX) and showed it to them if they could sew me one. They say they can sew any patch. *crosses fingers*
                  Lots of times there are businesses nearby military installations that specialize in that kind of thing (cleaners, alterations, and the like). Especially if there's an area outside the main gate that caters to all the military personnel. Don't know what it will cost you and it might be expensive to make just one, so you might have more luck searching on the internet for SG-1 related patches (such as at the GW Store). But it doesn't hurt to ask the question of them. Never know when you'll find a deal.

Comment

Patches OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    I want to get a velcro patch that says "Midwife On Board" for my new work bag, which happens to be a ballistics bag with a spot for a velcro patch. All the little pockets are perfect for my midwifey supplies.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

LOL, OT (but SG1-related).
                      Spoiler:

I'm watching Sight Unseen on SyFy right now and Jack's talking Vernon down. Vernon is hiding in a Jet marked "Anderson Air."

ROTFL

Never noticed that before.

Ahhhhhhhh. Ship.
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Come on guys, you still have a few days... join now!!!!

!!!SECRET SANTA!!!

What is Secret Santa?
                        Everyone who signs up for it makes something for another person. You can make anything you like. Music videos, fanmix, icons, wallpapers, headers, poem, fics, stories, picture stories, ... Be creative, everything is a go.
                        So you'll be making something for someone but you'll also be getting something.
                        You do have to make something that is related to Sam/Jack, unless you know that person will also be happy with something else.

How does it work?
                        Fill in this form, and mail it to: [email protected]
                        Subject line should be: Secret Santa Sam/Jack thread. If you don't do this, it will end up in my spam!!!

Your E-mail: So I can contact you (it will not go to the person who has to make something for you). Please do use the same e-mail when sending me your form, it makes things easier for me
                        Nickname: and name if you want it to be personal. This is NOT COMPULSORY. Since I'm not on here much, nicknames (full nicknames that is) will help me!
                        Things you want to make: Just tell me what your willing to make, if you are willing to do everything, just say so.
                        Things you don't want to make:
                        Things you really like made for you:
                        Things you don't like made for you:
                        Favourite colour, episode, moment, picture, song, quote, plotbunny,other shows: obviously you don't have to answer on everything but it might help the person who makes something for you to give you what you really like!
                        message for your secret santa: be original, cause it is funny. Please don't skip it because your secret santa might like it

Deadlines:
                        Singing up can be until 5th November then I'll send the assignments out around the 8th of November.

Assignments have to be in my mailbox before the 15th December! Then I'll be mailing them off to everyone And if you want you can post them on this thread.

Attention:
                        If I got your e-mail of signing up and also later when you send me the assignment i'll mail you back as soon as possible, so you know I got your e-mail. If you didn't get a e-mail back, I didn't get it. Sometimes it might take a few days though.

I could also do with some people who wants to be a back-up when someone can't make something or forgot, cause i have experienced that from other years. If you wanna be a back-up please add that to your mail. Thanks!!!

Also if you know shippers who aren't on this thread any more, or on GW any more but still wanna participate, you can always send this message.

!!!SECRET SANTA!!!

Comment

I'm looking for a vid, and I hope somebody here can help me..
                          It was a S/J-vid on youtube with "Memories" by Within Temptation.. It's about Sam losing Jack in Continuum and trying to live in the altermate timeline.. I'd be really happy if you could help me
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            Spoiler:

I'm watching Sight Unseen on SyFy right now and Jack's talking Vernon down. Vernon is hiding in a Jet marked "Anderson Air."

ROTFL

Spoiler:

I knew I should have stayed up and watch that I'll look for it next time

I this ship

*goes back to working on Shipsgiving stuff*
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                              I'm looking for a vid, and I hope somebody here can help me..
                              It was a S/J-vid on youtube with "Memories" by Within Temptation.. It's about Sam losing Jack in Continuum and trying to live in the altermate timeline.. I'd be really happy if you could help me

Here you go - had it in my favorites playlist

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                                Spoiler:

ROTFL

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...s/feelings.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh. Ship.
                                Spoiler:
                                I noticed that "Anderson Air" on the plane about the 2d time I watched that episode a long time ago. Every time I thought about commenting on it here, I got distracted and forgot.

Comment

Working...
                                X