Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanfiction

I've been posting for just over five years. My best friend knew pretty much from the start but probably its only within the last two years I've started being open with family and friends that I was doing it.

So, question about Episode of the Week; what's happened/happening with it? Did it go away for a break, did everyone lose interest? Do we want to bring it back?
    sigpic
    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
      RDA movies OT

Spoiler:
      You've never seen MacGyver? Don't mean to slight you , it's just that it was the show of my childhood - everybody was watching it - and I'm always astonished when someone says they haven't seen/heard of it. But then, my little country was always a little behind..

As for his movies, I think I've seen most of them: MacGyver movies, Ordinary Heroes, In the eyes of a stranger, Through the eyes of a killer, Beyond Betrayal, Past the Bleachers and Pandora's Clock.

I haven't seen Legend yet...

Most of RDA's flicks isn't that good, but I've seen worse. Past the Bleachers is very sweet (and has a yummy morning run scene , worth watching just because of it ) and Pandora's Clock is a really decent, enjoyable movie, probably the best of the bunch. I also have a soft spot for Through the eyes of a Killer, because a) it's got some very hot scenes (is this what you meant Cags?), b) it's creepy and c) acting-wise it's some of the best work RDA has ever done; he's great in it. Everybody claiming that the guy can't act should watch this one.

Speaking of his movies, does someone know where can I watch Ordinary Heroes? I watched it once years ago when it aired on tv and I'd love to see it again, but I can't find it anywhere.
      RDA Movies OT -
      Spoiler:
      Nope never seen MacGyver. I enjoy RDA so much in Stargate I am afraid to watch anything else, that it might change how I view him. Is that strange?

I actually loved watching Hart to Hart when I was younger. I knew about MacGyver, just didn't watch it. I don't know why.

I know Netflix has In the Eyes of a Stranger and Odd Jobs. I thought about watching them.

Whoever claims he can't act, is blind. I can't believe someone would say that.
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

RDA off-topic:
        Spoiler:
        Whoever claims he can't act, is blind. I can't believe someone would say that.

Spoiler:
        Why would he have to act?? Look at the man.

But in seriousness, I think he's a very underrated actor--when he's given something challenging, he usually steps up to the plate. Just look at his scenes with Daniel in "Abyss". Wow.

And--uh--oh yeah--I've watched Threads three times now. On to Moebius and some Sparky Kissing Scenes.

Sweet!
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          Spoiler:

But in seriousness, I think he's a very underrated actor--when he's given something challenging, he usually steps up to the plate. Just look at his scenes with Daniel in "Abyss". Wow.

And--uh--oh yeah--I've watched Threads three times now. On to Moebius and some Sparky Kissing Scenes.

Sweet!
          Sharon, I'm looking at the man. . . I can't stop, so what was your point? Yes, Abyss was an absolutely well acted episode. Kudos to both RDA and MS.

Oh Threads. I love that episode, minus the Daniel scenes. Even though it is full of angst, it has a happy ending.
          sigpic

Comment

RDA off-topic:

Spoiler:

Sweet!
            who said that about RDA and are they insane/confused
            sigpic
            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Sharon, I'm looking at the man. . . I can't stop, so what was your point?
              I know! You have a great pic of him on your sig. . .

Long, long, long pause. . .MMMMmm.

Uh--what? Where am I? I got lost there for a minute--what we were talking about?

Oh Threads. I love that episode, minus the Daniel scenes. Even though it is full of angst, it has a happy ending.
              And my prob with that ep is the Jaffa scenes. Gah!

Although it always makes me laugh at the end when Bra'tac checks Daniel out when he comes out from Jack's office "wearing" the flag. Seriously--he's totally checking him out. It's hilarious!
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

I know! You have a great pic of him on your sig. . .

Long, long, long pause. . .MMMMmm.

Uh--what? Where am I? I got lost there for a minute--what we were talking about?
                I think it was something about the man, but then we would be in the wrong thread. And do you know how hard it is to look at a pic on a sig and type at the same time. Of course, you do!

Wait acting. . . that's what we were talking about! I believe the acting between RDA and AT was brilliant, but then that would just come naturally with those two because of their great chemistry. Plus, I'm biased when it comes to those two.
                sigpic

Comment

Wait acting. . . that's what we were talking about! I believe the acting between RDA and AT was brilliant, but then that would just come naturally with those two because of their great chemistry. Plus, I'm biased when it comes to those two.
                  Yes, well, aren't we all biased when it comes to the One True Ship? That's why we're here, isn't it?

And I'm not certain that thunking on one of the pair of a great ship is off-topic--after all, we use ships and shows as extensions of our own vivid psyches, right? So, it's hard to ship people that don't "do" something for you. I'm not going to be a fan of the ship between Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog because, frankly, they both irk me, and I wonder about their inter-special problem. But other ships that I follow--I do it because I'm attracted to them as people, too.

Or is that too creepy a way to explain that? Did that even make sense? I mean, it's hard to think when that sig--and those brown eyes, and that scar above his--and what? Wow--did I blank out again? Mmmm.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                    RDA movies OT

Spoiler:
                    You've never seen MacGyver? (...)
                    OT re MacGyver:
                    Spoiler:
                    ... erm ... I have never seen MacGyver ... ... though I've definitely been aware of it and who and when and so forth ...

Comment

Yes, well, aren't we all biased when it comes to the One True Ship? That's why we're here, isn't it?

And I'm not certain that thunking on one of the pair of a great ship is off-topic--after all, we use ships and shows as extensions of our own vivid psyches, right? So, it's hard to ship people that don't "do" something for you. I'm not going to be a fan of the ship between Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog because, frankly, they both irk me, and I wonder about their inter-special problem. But other ships that I follow--I do it because I'm attracted to them as people, too.

Or is that too creepy a way to explain that? Did that even make sense? I mean, it's hard to think when that sig--and those brown eyes, and that scar above his--and what? Wow--did I blank out again? Mmmm.
                      Okay, I can't even think straight to comment to this. I am still laughing over the Kermit and Miss Piggy ship and their inter-special problem. Eww!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      OT re MacGyver:
                      Spoiler:
                      ... erm ... I have never seen MacGyver ... ... though I've definitely been aware of it and who and when and so forth ...
                      Thank you, another one that hasn't seen MacGyver. I was starting to think I was the only one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay, I can't even think straight to comment to this. I am still laughing over the Kermit and Miss Piggy ship and their inter-special problem. Eww!
                        Glad I could make you laugh. . .

Seriously, though--have you ever been shippy about a TV/movie/whatever couple that you found singularly unattractive? Granted, more actors have more than their share of looks, but even someone like House--I find him to be strangely attractive. And it's not the actor--it's the character for me. I don't find RDA attractive per se--but Colonel/General O'Neill, now. Yum.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

Glad I could make you laugh. . .

Seriously, though--have you ever been shippy about a TV/movie/whatever couple that you found singularly unattractive? Granted, more actors have more than their share of looks, but even someone like House--I find him to be strangely attractive. And it's not the actor--it's the character for me. I don't find RDA attractive per se--but Colonel/General O'Neill, now. Yum.
                          Okay, done laughing. *wipes eyes*

I agree with you. Aesthetics definitely plays a role in what couples you ship. And RDA and AT definitely look good, together and alone. I also find House attractive in a strange way, so that must be the reason. It is the character and not necessarily the actor. He has beautiful blue eyes.

But RDA put so much of himself in that role, that they are kind of the same person. Just different jobs.
                          sigpic

Comment

But RDA put so much of himself in that role, that they are kind of the same person. Just different jobs.
                            You have a point. But when I make my "list" (my girlfriends and I each have a "list"), it's O'Neill on the list, and not necessarily RDA. Not sure what the difference is in my book. **shrugs**
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post

Thank you, another one that hasn't seen MacGyver. I was starting to think I was the only one.
                              Ehmmmmm...I've just seen some episodes when I was a child but I don't remember it very much...
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

You have a point. But when I make my "list" (my girlfriends and I each have a "list"), it's O'Neill on the list, and not necessarily RDA. Not sure what the difference is in my book. **shrugs**
                                I do that too. Because I'm not familiar with the actor, I'm familiar with the character. I do thunk RDA, but it is Jack who I know. It is again that fine line between the actor and the character that kind of creates that division. Pierce Brosnan is really high up on my list. And of course you can see by my sig that Gibbs and O'Neill are too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X