Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    I know. Seriously, I've got a couple of Stargate friends, but other than the one who thinks that Sam and Sheppard should get together (), none of them are "shippers".

All I can say is, thank goodness for GW. At least I know that I'm not totally alone in this world.
    Well, seeing how Sam didn't meet Sheppard until Sam and Jack were already married. . . Awkward. . .

And yes, thank goodness for GW. That should be part of Shipsgiving, right?
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Well, seeing how Sam didn't meet Sheppard until Sam and Jack were already married. . . Awkward. . .

Definitely! How boring and uneventful life would be for me if I didn't have a place like GW to escape to!
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Sam and Sheppard have that familial chemistry like Sam and Cam IMO.

Comment

And as for Jack being pretty. I think he's more handsome than pretty. For me, Daniel is pretty.
          When describing him to my friends, I always go with charismatic. And handsome - but you said that already.

And for the record, I think that Amanda Tapping is GORGEOUS, and she just keeps getting more so. Isn't there something that says that's not allowed? Or is it just offering hope those of us who fall sadly still amongst the Ugly Ducklings?
          Yes, she is. And it's so unfair. ;P

Over all, we love an amazing couple.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
          I feel the same way, I mean I now a few friends that have watched stargate but none of them are REAL shippers
          *raises hand* Same thing here.

Although some of my friends who like SG think Sam & Jack could make a great couple - their reasoning stops there. And there not into artwork, fics, vids or anything fandom-related.

So, I agree with SJShipper93 and Aka. Long live GW. We are not alone.

But I shouldn't be complaining, as it will change next summer for me since someone from this forum will move in my little town!
          She hangs in the Sanctuary section - has yet to come on this thread, but is a shipper. ^^ (I still don't understand why she's moving here though... o.ô I'm in a secluded corner of the Earth. Anyway...) We're planning to rewatch some episodes together and have RL talk about shipyness. I would never have thought it possible.
          sigpic
          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            Definitely! How boring and uneventful life would be for me if I didn't have a place like GW to escape to!

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

Although some of my friends who like SG think Sam & Jack could make a great couple - their reasoning stops there. And there not into artwork, fics, vids or anything fandom-related.

Yep, one of my friends is a shipper but she is not really into fandom

But I shouldn't be complaining, as it will change next summer for me since someone from this forum will move in my little town!
            She hangs in the Sanctuary section - has yet to come on this thread, but is a shipper. ^^ (I still don't understand why she's moving here though... o.ô I'm in a secluded corner of the Earth. Anyway...) We're planning to rewatch some episodes together and have RL talk about shipyness. I would never have thought it possible.
            Ok, now you got me curious... Who is it?
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

My whole family are sci-fi fans and watch Stargate and discuss it with me, go to conventions, etc. But since I'm surrounded by brothers the whole shipping thing is totally beyond them, and it baffels my mother as well. I do have one friend who writes fan fic and will marathon watch seasons of SG1 with me. While she's not a shipper per se (Daniel's her guy, but she also finds Vala really annoying) she understands and encourages my love of Sam/Jack. So I consider myself quite lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                My whole family are sci-fi fans and watch Stargate and discuss it with me, go to conventions, etc. But since I'm surrounded by brothers the whole shipping thing is totally beyond them, and it baffels my mother as well. I do have one friend who writes fan fic and will marathon watch seasons of SG1 with me. While she's not a shipper per se (Daniel's her guy, but she also finds Vala really annoying) she understands and encourages my love of Sam/Jack. So I consider myself quite lucky.
                My husband encourages my shipping (although me writing my fic on top of everything else going on in my life forces him do more housework, which he doesn't necessarily appreciate ). I guess I should count myself lucky there. So, not EVERYONE makes fun of me. And I do have one friend (a Daniel acolyte) who is into Stargate with me, but I don't think she gets on GW at all.
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

Really? You're so good! I need the name of your teacher. Or maybe you could just lone me your muse for a few hours.
                  Photoshop OT
                  Spoiler:
                  I just keep playing around until something "looks right" - trial and error. I also peruse a lot of other people's stuff and try to figure out how they did it Photoshop Elements 9 is a really awesome program. Pricey, but I've found it far superior than the free programs out there and the older versions. I'm sure some can do amazing things with free...but I'm still a beginner and I need those really easy tools

I'm working on it! I actually just finished my story for this round of the GW fic competition, and it was so totally not shippy that I might have to work my self slowly into ship again. Ha! But I'm about 1,000 words into my Shipsgiving fic, and it's being really fun.

By the way. I was trying to explain SHIPSgiving to friends last night over a rousing game of Hand and Foot (anyone else here play?), and they kept giggling because they thought I was saying something else. Something similar, and yet one little tiny letter removed from SHIPSgiving. It was a little frustrating. And they laughed even harder at ValenSHIP and SHIPmas. Now, we all know that REAL shippers would never make that mistake.

I wish I knew some in real life. This "being the only one I know" is a little old.

And as for Jack being pretty. I think he's more handsome than pretty. For me, Daniel is pretty. And for the record, I think that Amanda Tapping is GORGEOUS, and she just keeps getting more so. Isn't there something that says that's not allowed? Or is it just offering hope those of us who fall sadly still amongst the Ugly Ducklings?
                  My husband introduced me to Stargate (what a monster he created!). No one in my life "ships" though. I did hook my dad on Stargate SG1 and I'm sure he figured out my not very well veiled questions in regards to regs...LOL (he's a retired AF officer).

Still. No one 'round here gets excited and I get really odd looks about my other comm acitivities.

*sigh*

Comment

Yes Sam, I'm distracted by that tongue too!

Comment

Grace gif someone?

'Cause you know... Tongue in action.

sigpic
                      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

What about the Broca divide? I think there was some tounge action there when Sam forced herself on jack when she was infected with that homosapis virus or whatever it was.

Comment

Grace gif someone?

'Cause you know... Tongue in action.

I haven't seen it for so long I'm in withdrawal. . .

Please?
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Ask and you shall receive...

And, blog updated.

Also, I have a question:
                            Spoiler:
                            This is related to this thread but not specifically S/J:
                            Spoiler:
                            So, a few weeks back someone who's new to this board posted in response to someone else. In the post the newbie included a link to the above gif, a gif that I'd made. I gently (I though) made a comment about it and said it was fine to use it, but generally when we snurtch we credit the snurtchee - it's a netiquette thing. I haven't seen said newbie post once since then and now feel terrible. Was I being mean? Do you agree with the request for credit-back, or should I have left it alone?

It's one thing to post something and credit the originator of the art/gif/smilies, and another to post and not credit (with the implication that it's your own). Now, I realize that in the long run it's silly, 'cause (as with fanfic), NONE of this is "ours." But...still...it's been weighing on me.
                            Thoughts?
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              So, a few weeks back someone who's new to this board posted in response to someone else. In the post the newbie included a link to the above gif, a gif that I'd made. I gently (I though) made a comment about it and said it was fine to use it, but generally when we snurtch we credit the snurtchee - it's a netiquette thing. I haven't seen said newbie post once since then and now feel terrible. Was I being mean? Do you agree with the request for credit-back, or should I have left it alone?

It's one thing to post something and credit the originator of the art/gif/smilies, and another to post and not credit (with the implication that it's your own). Now, I realize that in the long run it's silly, 'cause (as with fanfic), NONE of this is "ours." But...still...it's been weighing on me.
                              Thoughts?
                              I don't think you had much to do with the lack of posting by the newbie, but I can see why that individual didn't credit you for the gif. How were they supposed to know you created it? And wherever they found it, maybe they just thought you got it somewhere too. Or just didn't even think that with a gif like that, that does make the rounds, that one would need to post credit. It's like giving credit every time you post a screen cap to the person who capped it. Maybe you guys do that here, I don't know. I'm a newbie myself. But not knowing anyone, or how things generally operate, I can see why they wouldn't. I wouldn't have thought to post credit if I saw that gif and then posted it. And I don't even associate the person who posts it as the person who created it. Gifs and caps make the rounds, it's roughly known where it originally came from.

I don't think the person would stop posting here because you corrected them, though. Unless they thought it was a bit personal. Hard to know w/o knowing what was said exactly.

I wouldn't worry about it though.

On another note, I'm trying to get my sister to watch the series. She liked the movie when it came out. But honestly, Children of the Gods IMO isn't that great of an episode. When I first watched it, I thought the show was really lame. The only reason I kept with it was because I was deployed at the time, and didn't have much else to do in off-time entertainment. Good thing I kept with it, because I now love this show. But, what do you guys think are the best 'hook' episodes? S/J related or general?

Comment

Pol -
                                Spoiler:
                                In general I don't credit a reposting of something because a lo of stuff has been passed around and I don't know who made it. That said I do try to make it clear it isn't my own work. I credit for long standing things like a sig or avatar and I have a credits post on LJ. It just becomes overwhelming to try to carefully catalog every picture etc. A frien of mine made a manip of janeway and chakotay years and years ago and it's been passed around so much that only her and I remember it was her (ten to fifteen years later). If you're curious it's a picture of Janeway with Chakotay behind her and she's holding his hand on her shoulder. Originally it was John de Lancie standing behind her

Comment

Working...
                                X