Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great question Pol!

And yes, yes, back you go to writing now... we'll happily discuss this amongst ourselves. Just... crank out another Campfire, there's a good girl.

P.S. for Pol
    Spoiler:
    Did purple knickers count? My purple tee shirt was in the wash and that's all I had.

Firstly, I've never been one to play by the rules ( ) so I'm going to expand that idea a bit and say that I think set up and resets were a more natural progression, starting sometimes in one season and building through to another before the smackdown. And sometimes there was a set up to one level, then another step up before we came down again.

I don't actually think Chimera was the "reset" episode here. I actually think Grace was the reset after a season of build up... ok here's my logic:

Assuming there was a reset at Revelations, the first set up after that would be Frozen, which left us on a kind of low and level plateau of flirty (but not as flirty as before) friendship until Paradise Lost where we take a step up and continue to climb slowly and fairly evenly until Grace where we sharply plateau and then drop right back down again until Chimera.
    Chimera knocks us back down but then also builds slightly on that (since I find the uncomfortableness of their exchange in the elevator and later in her lab to be hugely ship-significant).
    From there I see the latter half of season 7 emulating the latter half of season 6 but things climbing at a steeper and steeper angle until we reach the pinnacle of Lost City where we plateau once again. Things kind of stay there until Affinity then nosedive sharply into a bloody great big canyon of despair (for shippers that is) and we scrabble around lost and frightened until Reckoning where suddenly, there's a glimmer there at the end and we then take a steep climb right on up to the highest point in known history in Threads... beyond that we take a running leap of that precipice - while some poor souls are lost; crashing helplessly to the cavern floor. But for the more optimistic among us (i.e. most of us) we discover we have wings. Cautiously we flap them wide for the first time and then we get caught on the updraft and soar majestically up, up up, into the wonderous blue sky, reaching orgiastic heights never before seen and we - the shippers - acknowledge the fact that all evidence suggest they've been fishing together... and fishing, and they're still fishing now.

Or maybe I just have too much time on my hands today.

I really need to do an illustration. *sigh* if only I could draw.

EDIT: Sorry Pol, I completely trashed your idea there. I've never been one for boundaries. Life's just too many shades of colour in between to be that clear to me.
    Last edited by Cagranosalis; 21 October 2010, 02:50 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I still have to fix my pc so:

Saturday, November 6
      Saturday, November 13
      Saturday, November 20
      (7)
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I have to change my vote. We're going out of town for the holiday.

Saturday, November 6
        Saturday, November 13 (1)
        Saturday, November 20 (6)

Comment

Well, I thought I'd try the multiquote but I just don't like it. I much prefer the the spontaneity of quoting individual posts.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          indeed.....
          *Runs across the internet* Shippy, squishy hugs sweetie! Always good to see you.

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          Hahaha! And it is Sanctuary canon too. Helen was blond when she was 'younger'. I love it!
          Shipsgiving:
          There is only one date I really cannot attend (November 6), so I don't see why I should vote - for now at least.
          *casts a spell over you* Pick the 13th! OUCH! I think I did that wrong.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          So...I am (dutifully) writing my Campfire and needed some reminding. I went back and reread some reviews (humbling) and had this thought:
          {{snipped}}

Set-up: An episode (or episodes, but let's try just one) that really drives home the Sam/Jack arc. Something that makes *others* roll their eyes. You know.

Reset: An episode that either negates the overt shippiness of the above ep or outright disavows it to the point of resetting the relationship back to "0" again. Or, one that makes the *others* say, "See? What 'ship?"

Ready? Go! (That's what I do to my students, LOL)
          Being first season, these are probably not strong enough by your definition.

Set-up: Broca Divide
          Reset: Cold Lazarus

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            Great question Pol!

And yes, yes, back you go to writing now... we'll happily discuss this amongst ourselves. Just... crank out another Campfire, there's a good girl.

P.S. for Pol
            Spoiler:
            Did purple knickers count? My purple tee shirt was in the wash and that's all I had.

Firstly, I've never been one to play by the rules ( ) so I'm going to expand that idea a bit and say that I think set up and resets were a more natural progression, starting sometimes in one season and building through to another before the smackdown. And sometimes there was a set up to one level, then another step up before we came down again.

I don't actually think Chimera was the "reset" episode here. I actually think Grace was the reset after a season of build up... ok here's my logic:

Assuming there was a reset at Revelations, the first set up after that would be Frozen, which left us on a kind of low and level plateau of flirty (but not as flirty as before) friendship until Paradise Lost where we take a step up and continue to climb slowly and fairly evenly until Grace where we sharply plateau and then drop right back down again until Chimera.
            Chimera knocks us back down but then also builds slightly on that (since I find the uncomfortableness of their exchange in the elevator and later in her lab to be hugely ship-significant).
            From there I see the latter half of season 7 emulating the latter half of season 6 but things climbing at a steeper and steeper angle until we reach the pinnacle of Lost City where we plateau once again. Things kind of stay there until Affinity then nosedive sharply into a bloody great big canyon of despair (for shippers that is) and we scrabble around lost and frightened until Reckoning where suddenly, there's a glimmer there at the end and we then take a steep climb right on up to the highest point in known history in Threads... beyond that we take a running leap of that precipice - while some poor souls are lost; crashing helplessly to the cavern floor. But for the more optimistic among us (i.e. most of us) we discover we have wings. Cautiously we flap them wide for the first time and then we get caught on the updraft and soar majestically up, up up, into the wonderous blue sky, reaching orgiastic heights never before seen and we - the shippers - acknowledge the fact that all evidence suggest they've been fishing together... and fishing, and they're still fishing now.

EDIT: Sorry Pol, I completely trashed your idea there. I've never been one for boundaries. Life's just too many shades of colour in between to be that clear to me.
            I really like your imaginery Cags

I can't think of one. I'm so bad at this
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Great question Pol!

P.S. for Pol
              Spoiler:

I think we need a chart for this!! You know, like those growth charts for stuff to do with real life...

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                I really like your imaginery Cags

I can't think of one. I'm so bad at this
                I agree - IMHO Grace was a reset - mores the pity a reset that went all wrong

I'm thinking I'm thinking it may take some time on others

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                I think we need a chart for this!! You know, like those growth charts for stuff to do with real life...
                RL what's that?

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                  I agree - IMHO Grace was a reset - mores the pity a reset that went all wrong

I'm thinking I'm thinking it may take some time on others

RL what's that?
                  Not sure... I've heard stories but... you know... some things you read about and then experience can sometiems be a let down....

Comment

Here's where Jack and Sam are going to send their kids. . .

Or where I want to send mine!

Stargate School
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

Stargate School
                      lol.. I wanna send my kids there too!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Stargate School

Oh, freakin' awesome! And, of course it's in Colorado!
                        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Stargate School

I would definetly take my kids there
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                            Well, if the scenario is past love interest, he should already know her!

How about... "Didn't you have blonde hair last time we met?"

What kind of character can you see him portraying? Perhaps an abnormal who can control the pheromones of the opposite sex? But then again, RDA does that naturally
                            That would be great, especially since Michael's character made the comment about her hair too!

Stargate School
                            Haha, that's priceless! Considering it's in Colorado, and Jack and Sam's kids would so totally be gifted students, I'd love to see someone write a fanfic about that. All of the ironic comments that could be made!
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

This may not be the kind of Jacob/Jack/Sam story people were wanting recently, but it's cute:

Death and Taxes by dietcokechic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                This may not be the kind of Jacob/Jack/Sam story people were wanting recently, but it's cute:

Death and Taxes by dietcokechic
                                I liked that one
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X