Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, I love Deadman Switch! Not overly shippy but a great episode

ARIS BOCH
    Well, Teal'c is worth the most. The System Lords would love to make a good example of him. And Carter here…well, she has the memories of the Tok'ra Jolinar. And you O'Neill, you're considered, well, you're a pain in the mikta.
    O'NEILL
    (to Teal'c)
    Neck?
    TEAL'C
    No.

LOL

LadyGalaxyJ
    - I'm a sucker for Jack/Jacob myself. I really would have liked a scene between the two of them, too. I think he was ok with Sam and Jack. Did Jacob ever complaine about Jack calling him Dad? I can't remember. Pete however isn't allowed to.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
      Ah, I love Deadman Switch! Not overly shippy but a great episode

ARIS BOCH
      Well, Teal'c is worth the most. The System Lords would love to make a good example of him. And Carter here…well, she has the memories of the Tok'ra Jolinar. And you O'Neill, you're considered, well, you're a pain in the mikta.
      O'NEILL
      (to Teal'c)
      Neck?
      TEAL'C
      No.

LOL

LadyGalaxyJ
      - I'm a sucker for Jack/Jacob myself. I really would have liked a scene between the two of them, too. I think he was ok with Sam and Jack. Did Jacob ever complaine about Jack calling him Dad? I can't remember. Pete however isn't allowed to.
      As far as I know, Jacob never complained about it, but Jack didn't do it all that often--and it wasn't to his face, was it? The first instance was in "Secrets" (?) in DC at the party, and Jack was responding to Sam's introduction. And then it also happened when they were waiting for a Tok'ra to come through the 'Gate, and Jack mentioned that it might be "Dad". I think he was referring to Jacob that way just for Sam. But I don't think that Jack (maybe 10 years younger than Jacob) would have ever called Jacob "Dad" for real.

And Pete REALLY wouldn't have been allowed to. In my humble opinion. EVER.

I wrote a few Jacob/Jack scenes in "Passing Time", but they're so squished between other scenes that I decided not to link to them. But they're there. Near the end. And it was fun to write them.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        As far as I know, Jacob never complained about it, but Jack didn't do it all that often--and it wasn't to his face, was it? The first instance was in "Secrets" (?) in DC at the party, and Jack was responding to Sam's introduction. And then it also happened when they were waiting for a Tok'ra to come through the 'Gate, and Jack mentioned that it might be "Dad". I think he was referring to Jacob that way just for Sam. But I don't think that Jack (maybe 10 years younger than Jacob) would have ever called Jacob "Dad" for real.

I wrote a few Jacob/Jack scenes in "Passing Time", but they're so squished between other scenes that I decided not to link to them. But they're there. Near the end. And it was fun to write them.
        Jack called Jacob Dad in Seth with absolutely no reaction from him:

[Carter is looking through a microscope as she works on an open earpiece.]

Carter?

It'll work, sir, assuming Dad's right.

(to Jacob) Dad?

JACOB: If the jolt is big enough it'll work, but you'll have to stay under the nish'ta control long enough for it to spread through all your tissues. Otherwise it'll regain a strong hold in your body.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Jack called Jacob Dad in Seth with absolutely no reaction from him:

[Carter is looking through a microscope as she works on an open earpiece.]

Carter?

It'll work, sir, assuming Dad's right.

(to Jacob) Dad?

JACOB: If the jolt is big enough it'll work, but you'll have to stay under the nish'ta control long enough for it to spread through all your tissues. Otherwise it'll regain a strong hold in your body.
          See? That's why this community is so awesome. You found one! I'm still not sure he's calling him that in earnest, though. He's just calling Jacob that because Carter does. Do you think that he'd call Jacob "Dad" if Sam weren't around?
          sigpic
          My Stories AO3

Comment

Yes your right, but it's just so Jack.
            As for "Passing Time", loved the scenes between the two of them... actually I loved the whole story. It's one of a few I read again and again.
            sigpic

Comment

Just a friendly reminder, we really could use a lot more signing up!!!!

!!!SECRET SANTA!!!

What is Secret Santa?
              Everyone who signs up for it makes something for another person. You can make anything you like. Music videos, fanmix, icons, wallpapers, headers, poem, fics, stories, picture stories, ... Be creative, everything is a go.
              So you'll be making something for someone but you'll also be getting something.
              You do have to make something that is related to Sam/Jack, unless you know that person will also be happy with something else.

How does it work?
              Fill in this form, and mail it to: [email protected]
              Subject line should be: Secret Santa Sam/Jack thread. If you don't do this, it will end up in my spam!!!

Your E-mail: So I can contact you (it will not go to the person who has to make something for you). Please do use the same e-mail when sending me your form, it makes things easier for me
              Nickname: and name if you want it to be personal. This is NOT COMPULSORY. Since I'm not on here much, nicknames (full nicknames that is) will help me!
              Things you want to make: Just tell me what your willing to make, if you are willing to do everything, just say so.
              Things you don't want to make:
              Things you really like made for you:
              Things you don't like made for you:
              Favourite colour, episode, moment, picture, song, quote, plotbunny,other shows: obviously you don't have to answer on everything but it might help the person who makes something for you to give you what you really like!
              message for your secret santa: be original, cause it is funny. Please don't skip it because your secret santa might like it

Deadlines:
              Singing up can be until 5th November then I'll send the assignments out around the 8th of November.

Assignments have to be in my mailbox before the 15th December! Then I'll be mailing them off to everyone And if you want you can post them on this thread.

Attention:
              If I got your e-mail of signing up and also later when you send me the assignment i'll mail you back as soon as possible, so you know I got your e-mail. If you didn't get a e-mail back, I didn't get it. Sometimes it might take a few days though.

I could also do with some people who wants to be a back-up when someone can't make something or forgot, cause i have experienced that from other years. If you wanna be a back-up please add that to your mail. Thanks!!!

Also if you know shippers who aren't on this thread any more, or on GW any more but still wanna participate, you can always send this message.

!!!SECRET SANTA!!!

Comment

See? That's why this community is so awesome. You found one! I'm still not sure he's calling him that in earnest, though. He's just calling Jacob that because Carter does. Do you think that he'd call Jacob "Dad" if Sam weren't around?
                I agree. He does it because of Sam, but if they really would have gotten together when Jacob was still alive, I think after a while(and more time spend with Jacob) he would have done it more often.

In retrospect, thinking of something myself...I have a friend and sometimes also hang out with her mom, when she calls her mom, I have caught myself saying that too...but when my friend isn't around I won't do it.
                Something totally different...but I do understand it from this perspective that Jack calls Jacob every now and then dad.

The same like parents sometimes refer to each other as "mom" and "dad" when the children are around

Drat... I just totally ruined the magic around that moment for me!
                sigpic

Comment

There have been about a quadrillion scenes written by fan fic authors, I'm sure.

Just a thought.
                  Yes, I know that. ;P I've read a few - a lot. But I was just saying!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  Oh yeah...

Foreplay

*cough*

Hey look...they touch each other's hands...isn't that...innocent?

No.

You know--if a little touching is all it takes to get us all kerfuffelled, then all they have to do is splice together two hours' worth of "moments" and sell it as Movie #3, and we shippers would be so caught up in the contact that we'd never know the difference.

Yeah--I'd buy that.
                  Remembers me of some conversation I saw in my good old days (yeah, we'rea back to that ) of lurkdom. There's was a list of all missing kisses, moments, kisses, touches, KISSES... And you guys were saying they could easily make a special DVD with that along with some good Sam/Jack eps and us shippers would easily but it.

Well, I would. ;PP
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

No.

Remembers me of some conversation I saw in my good old days (yeah, we'rea back to that ) of lurkdom. There's was a list of all missing kisses, moments, kisses, touches, KISSES... And you guys were saying they could easily make a special DVD with that along with some good Sam/Jack eps and us shippers would easily but it.

Well, I would. ;PP
                    I would, too! Specialty DVDs like that might just sell enough to get MGM out of hock. Then--on to the NEW movies! Squee!
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      Just a friendly reminder, we really could use a lot more signing up!!!!

!!!SECRET SANTA!!!

What is Secret Santa?
                      Everyone who signs up for it makes something for another person. You can make anything you like. Music videos, fanmix, icons, wallpapers, headers, poem, fics, stories, picture stories, ... Be creative, everything is a go.
                      So you'll be making something for someone but you'll also be getting something.
                      You do have to make something that is related to Sam/Jack, unless you know that person will also be happy with something else.

How does it work?
                      Fill in this form, and mail it to: [email protected]
                      Subject line should be: Secret Santa Sam/Jack thread. If you don't do this, it will end up in my spam!!!

Your E-mail: So I can contact you (it will not go to the person who has to make something for you). Please do use the same e-mail when sending me your form, it makes things easier for me
                      Nickname: and name if you want it to be personal. This is NOT COMPULSORY. Since I'm not on here much, nicknames (full nicknames that is) will help me!
                      Things you want to make: Just tell me what your willing to make, if you are willing to do everything, just say so.
                      Things you don't want to make:
                      Things you really like made for you:
                      Things you don't like made for you:
                      Favourite colour, episode, moment, picture, song, quote, plotbunny,other shows: obviously you don't have to answer on everything but it might help the person who makes something for you to give you what you really like!
                      message for your secret santa: be original, cause it is funny. Please don't skip it because your secret santa might like it

Deadlines:
                      Singing up can be until 5th November then I'll send the assignments out around the 8th of November.

Assignments have to be in my mailbox before the 15th December! Then I'll be mailing them off to everyone And if you want you can post them on this thread.

Attention:
                      If I got your e-mail of signing up and also later when you send me the assignment i'll mail you back as soon as possible, so you know I got your e-mail. If you didn't get a e-mail back, I didn't get it. Sometimes it might take a few days though.

I could also do with some people who wants to be a back-up when someone can't make something or forgot, cause i have experienced that from other years. If you wanna be a back-up please add that to your mail. Thanks!!!

Also if you know shippers who aren't on this thread any more, or on GW any more but still wanna participate, you can always send this message.

!!!SECRET SANTA!!!
                      Just a question: What do you mean by "message for your secret santa"?

Comment

I would, too! Specialty DVDs like that might just sell enough to get MGM out of hock. Then--on to the NEW movies! Squee!
                        Amen to that!

I already made the cover of the movie 3 DVD:
                        sigpic

Comment

Shippers! Gosh it's been too long since I've been here.

Yes. If Jack and Jacob had been able to have that 'talk' about how he felt about Sam and that he wanted to ask her to marry him. Jacob is quite happy, much to Jack's relief. He offers Jacob his hand and as Jacob grasps Jack's hand in handshake, Jack smiles playfully and says, "Thanks Dad."

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post

No.

Well, I would. ;PP
                          I WOULD BUY IT!!!

Add my name to the list.

I read the interview with Amanda and Wood and her view is that, although she'd be willing if they ever called, as she put it, the window is definitely closing. Made a bit sad actually
                          sigpic
                          sig by Mada
                          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                            I read the interview with Amanda and Wood and her view is that, although she'd be willing if they ever called, as she put it, the window is definitely closing. Made a bit sad actually
                            I read that too. I see what she means, unfortunately. And since it seems Universe going belly up is a when not if, I wonder if sooner or later would be better for the chances of an SG-1 movie.
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              Amen to that!

I already made the cover of the movie 3 DVD:
                              HAHA - I LOVE IT! Take some green!

sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                                Originally posted by Artie View Post
                                I read that too. I see what she means, unfortunately. And since it seems Universe going belly up is a when not if, I wonder if sooner or later would be better for the chances of an SG-1 movie.
                                I think her attitude is pessimistic, I mean I know time has passed but is not that rare for projects to get finished years later. I can't say I agree with her *shrugs*

I am staying positive
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X