Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Last week we had 110 + too--but today it's only 99. Or was, before the storm ran through.

And I haven't pimped this here, but since you asked. . .

Jack can't stay awake in a meeting, so Sam decides to help. . .

All's Fair
    Cool!!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    in the last few weeks, i discovered sg1 had been showing in syndication (i have a converter box, so i'm not sure it shows in other places. i see it on 'THIS' channel ). anyhoo, when i discovered it, it was already up to season 5. now it's the beginning of season 6... but i wanted the first stuff *now*, so today, i went looking on hulu.com and found ALL the seasons/eps... i watched 'children of the gods' (parts one and two) just now...

oh, how i love thee stargate sg1!

Oh I have 'THIS' and I watch episodes in Hulu

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
    I got sent home from work yesterday because I'm sick and all the receptionist kept saying to me was 'go home and get into bed with a hot toddy....' and all I could think about was Jack and Sam. Him all wet and her trying to warm him up.... lol

When I first saw that ep I seriously thought he had said 'hot totty'. Oh the power of the rewind button....
    *huggles* Hope you feel better

Originally posted by Artie View Post
    A small ficlet for a quiet Tuesday! This is an episode tag for Off the Grid.

There are a lot of things that the new guy on the team doesn't know. Cameron Mitchell sees an unguarded moment between Jack and Sam.

http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/362831.html
    Awesome!

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    Hah. Funny. Yeah. No. That probably won't be happening anytime soon.

OT writing.

Spoiler:
    Had an NCIS script that I'd entered into a screenplay contest make the semifinals. Just found out yesterday. It doesn't matter so much if it wins. It's on the books, as it were, and so will be good leverage in getting read by producers and agents.
    Spoiler:
    I hope you win *crosses fingers*

What episode is that when Teal'c tells Cam that he reminds him of O'Neill. Cam says something like, "I'll take that as a compliment." And Teal'c says, "As you wish." (or something like that). Just thinking of that makes me laugh. Is it the ep with the bugs at the science site and the team is asked to protect the IOA delegates? Now I have to go watch it again.

But I don't think that Teal'c would volunteer the information, but he might give one of his little head inclinations and intimate that he knew something.

"How long has this been going on?" Cam asked.

"Oh--let's see--since the first moment they met. And I seem to recall a rather--intimate--embrace that they shared in the locker room during our first year as a team."

"Really? When?" Cam's voice sharpened as he squinted at Daniel. "Well, that just doesn't sound like either of them. Going at each other in public like that."

"Well, she was a cave man at the time." Daniel's lips curved in a little half smile. "Cave girl? Cave woman? Female of the Neanderthal persuasion. Whatever. She jumped him, if that helps."

"It doesn't."

"Anyhow--now that you know, we won't have to tiptoe around it so much."

"Well, holy crap." Cam leaned against the padded back rest of the booth. "Who'd have thunk it?"

Daniel shrugged. "Oh--there have been rumors and innuendos floating around for years. You should see Jack's face whenever someone mentions oatmeal."

"Oatmeal?" Cam's eyes narrowed. "What does that mean?"

Daniel cast a look at Teal'c from over the rim of his glass. "You want to fill the boy in?"

But Teal'c merely lowered his eyelids, and tilted one brow upwards. His expression conveyed that he knew much much more than he was letting on. Still, however, his only response was a drawn-out, "No."
    *giggles* That's great!!

There are definitely two out there that I've read and come across a few times whenever I've done a search. Of course now I'm particularly looking for one of them I can't seem to find it! The one that sticks most in my mind is where Jack comes home (Sam's place) and Sam runs him a bubble bath of which they both share. I'm pretty sure its all gutter after that though

If I find some I'll let you know!
    *waits for the links*
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Fic rec - Jack is injured here on earth, and Sam is there to help out. Angsty cute fluff:

Big Deal by Julimond

Comment

When I first saw that ep I seriously thought he had said 'hot totty'. Oh the power of the rewind button....
        I'm not sure what episode you are referring too, but doesn' the say 'hot toddy' in Atlantis episode Return Part 2? He said something like... "Going to go home and have a hot shower followed by a hot toddy.." and it seemed to me he was going to say something else, but that's when Weir hugged him. In my gutter-ry mind he finished by saying "...followed by some hot lovin' from my hot wife!"

Comment

So are there any fics out there that deal with him coming home from that little adventure and Sam being worried about HIM being in danger? Since, you know, he's in Washington now and he is usually the one anxious for Sam to get back from the front lines...
          Actually, I do remember reading a story on fanfic.net that was from Sam's POV while Jack and Woolsy were trapped on Atlantis by the Replicators. Unfortunately, I don't remember the title or the author... so what good am I??? Sorry!!
          Last edited by Lucycat; 05 October 2010, 06:01 PM.

Comment

So are there any fics out there that deal with him coming home from that little adventure and Sam being worried about HIM being in danger? Since, you know, he's in Washington now and he is usually the one anxious for Sam to get back from the front lines...
            There's one I recall (vaguely) about Landry ordering Sam to prepare the nuke that was supposed to destroy Atlantis - in spite of the fact that he knew he was ordering her to kill her own husband in the process. I don't recall the title or author, though; it's been quite awhile since I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              There's one I recall (vaguely) about Landry ordering Sam to prepare the nuke that was supposed to destroy Atlantis - in spite of the fact that he knew he was ordering her to kill her own husband in the process. I don't recall the title or author, though; it's been quite awhile since I read it.
              That one almost sounds like one of the Gen Verel's. Maybe the Season 10 Journals? I don't have a link handy. Sorry.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Found the "Return" fic! Woo-hoo... it's Returning Home by JenniferJF

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3337315/1/bReturning_b_Home

Comment

SGU
                  Spoiler:
                  tonight's episode made mention to the fact that the Lucian Alloance War is Escalating and that there might be an attack on earth.
                  If that is true how do you think Jack and Sam will deal with that threat?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    SGU
                    Spoiler:
                    tonight's episode made mention to the fact that the Lucian Alloance War is Escalating and that there might be an attack on earth.
                    If that is true how do you think Jack and Sam will deal with that threat?
                    They'll kick butt, of course.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

They'll kick butt, of course.
                      If, of course, they need to be involved at all. I'm fairly convinced that by now Jack is retired (or darned close to it) and Sam, if she's still the CO of the Hammond (which I doubt), will soon be stepping down.

I think she'll have been the Hammond's CO long enough for its shakedown and first missions, then hand it off. She has much better things to do in her life now.

The sign of a good leader is someone who builds a system strong enough to survive after them. I'm 100% convinced that Hammond (the person, not the ship) built one he!! of a team. That was his legacy. Jack and Sam are the heirs of that legacy and they only made in stronger.

Jack built SG-1 and left it in Sam's capable hands. Sam left and then Cam came along. Sam came back and helped him along too. Cam is now the leader of SG-1 and he's building his own team. Legacies.

Jack and Sam have done their time and more than done their jobs, so I think they'd let someone else handle it. They are the best and trained the next generation of "best," it's time for the newbies to take it, I think.

OT, but still SG-related
                      Spoiler:
                      I always laugh when I read fanfic that talks about how "SG-1 is gone, disbanded" when Jack, Sam, or whomever leave. If the US military did that, we'd have run out of unit numbers...or room on patches. Can you imagine wearing a patch that says 1,864th Airborne instead of 101st Airborne? Or instead of 1st Cavalry (as opposed to Calvary, which is a different thing) we would by now have, what...191st Cavalry?

So, in short? Jack and Sam would be involved in the initial briefing, then managing/coordinating the support/logistics/advisement of the thing if involved at all.

My 2-cents.
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                        If, of course, they need to be involved at all. I'm fairly convinced that by now Jack is retired (or darned close to it) and Sam, if she's still the CO of the Hammond (which I doubt), will soon be stepping down.

I think she'll have been the Hammond's CO long enough for its shakedown and first missions, then hand it off. She has much better things to do in her life now.

The sign of a good leader is someone who builds a system strong enough to survive after them. I'm 100% convinced that Hammond (the person, not the ship) built one he!! of a team. That was his legacy. Jack and Sam are the heirs of that legacy and they only made in stronger.

Jack built SG-1 and left it in Sam's capable hands. Sam left and then Cam came along. Sam came back and helped him along too. Cam is now the leader of SG-1 and he's building his own team. Legacies.

Jack and Sam have done their time and more than done their jobs, so I think they'd let someone else handle it. They are the best and trained the next generation of "best," it's time for the newbies to take it, I think.

OT, but still SG-related
                        Spoiler:
                        I always laugh when I read fanfic that talks about how "SG-1 is gone, disbanded" when Jack, Sam, or whomever leave. If the US military did that, we'd have run out of unit numbers...or room on patches. Can you imagine wearing a patch that says 1,864th Airborne instead of 101st Airborne? Or instead of 1st Cavalry (as opposed to Calvary, which is a different thing) we would by now have, what...191st Cavalry?

So, in short? Jack and Sam would be involved in the initial briefing, then managing/coordinating the support/logistics/advisement of the thing if involved at all.

My 2-cents.
                        And if I had answered seriously, I would have said much the same thing.

I know intellectually that SGU is canon, but I tend to discount it in my own personal universe, because I tend to believe that when Sam came back from Atlantis, she found either desk duty or some job as an advisor somewhere--civilian?--because she is ready to do something else. I think that Jack has retired, and is maybe being called on to give opinions every once in a while. But I really don't think that either of them are active duty anywhere.

Except, for maybe at the cabin. And then they're very **cough cough** active.

Now, if they are still actually involved in the day to day operations of Homeworld Security (or whatever), then yes. I believe that they would have kicked butt.

But I prefer to believe that they are holed up at the little pond, watching the clouds roll in over the treeline and trying to figure out what's for dinner.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

snipped....
                          But I prefer to believe that they are holed up at the little pond, watching the clouds roll in over the treeline and trying to figure out what's for dinner.
                          Or...what she said. Yup. That's it.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Or they kicked butt in the first day that they would be home in time for the simpsons or some private time.

Comment

So, thanks for the congrats on the Gatefic award for A Pond With No Fish.

In terms of The Return, AstraPerAspera also covers it in her Missing Pieces fic: Chasms

And again in the great companion piece: Jack's Christmas Carol
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Okay so I found that tag fic to 'The Return' and it basically is smut, so I won't post a link but if you want it, message me.
                                If anyone has any other ones, that would be good as I'm in need of a good fic right now. Has to be fluff though - my heart can't take much else right now - and I've just re-read all of Annerb's DC series for the gazillionth time... And gone through old posts on the fic rec thread to see if I've missed something.... seriously I need help

Comment

Working...
                                X