• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Shipper formula to live by + =

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      Do not deprive us of your wonderful fic by choking on - feathers of all things! What? I have my priorities, damnit!

I do agree that Revolution is more likely to be made over Extinction.
      Tell you what--I'll eat it for her. That way we still get her fic, and the movies still get made. Win-win.

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Shipper formula to live by + =
      Great formula. I wonder if my kids' math teachers would accept that? Right there alongside the Pythagorean thingamabobber?

Originally posted by yessika View Post
      Happy birthday and have fun on your vacation

I'm hopeful about both Revolution and Extinction are going to be made

Hope! Hope! Hope! Hope! Because I would very much like to see this man and this woman publicly express the FACT that they are very much in .
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        And if I had answered seriously, I would have said much the same thing.

I know intellectually that SGU is canon, but I tend to discount it in my own personal universe, because I tend to believe that when Sam came back from Atlantis, she found either desk duty or some job as an advisor somewhere--civilian?--because she is ready to do something else. I think that Jack has retired, and is maybe being called on to give opinions every once in a while. But I really don't think that either of them are active duty anywhere.

Except, for maybe at the cabin. And then they're very **cough cough** active.

Now, if they are still actually involved in the day to day operations of Homeworld Security (or whatever), then yes. I believe that they would have kicked butt.

But I prefer to believe that they are holed up at the little pond, watching the clouds roll in over the treeline and trying to figure out what's for dinner.
        I concur....

Comment

So...OT but SG and S/J fic-related:
          Spoiler:
          I got this review today, and the "anonymous" reviewer's name (JC didn't feel strong enough in his/her manhood/womanhood/braininess to leave me the option to respond) is left in just 'cause I'm supremely irritated.

Double-spoilered 'cause I'm really irked and saving those who don't care the reading space...
          Spoiler:
          Story: Campfire Stories, Season Three
          Chapter: 1. Out of the Frying Pan

-------------------

1-9 and reread 1 - It's amazing how delusional you are with these "moments."
          They are well written fantasies.
          You know what? BITE ME. And, I'm sorry, what is "1-9 and reread 1?" Does that mean you read chapters 1-9 and then went back and reread #1? If I'm so delusional, then why waste your time?

Just to refresh everyone's memory, this is header/blurb from my ff dot net page:

Campfire Stories, Season Three » reviews
          A series of post- or mid-ep stories set in season 3 following the growth of the relationship between Sam and Jack. Some are missing scenes, some are episode tags. Marked "complete" because each chapter can stand alone. Feedback always answered.
          Stargate: SG-1 - Rated: K - English - Romance/Humor
          If you're not bright enough to know what "romance" means when the stories clearly state they focus on the "growth of the relationship between Sam and Jack," then you're clearly an idiot.

Oh, and thanks, by the way, for the back-handed compliment, that though I am "delusional," I write "write well-written fantasies."

Helloooooooo, of course it's a fantasy, you fuzzy little troll, it's fan-FICTION. Did I miss the part where I write for the show and have shown their (S/J) resolved relationship on screen and NO LONGER NEED to write my fan-FICTION? Yup, must have.

Constructive (look it up, I know it's a term foreign to our troll) criticism I can take and learn from. Name-calling is a waste of my time and yours. I don't need your approval or your praise. If you don't like what I write, here's a little tip, Don't. Read. It.. Troll.

I have kept anonymous reviews possible on my ff dot net site because I find it annoying that one has to register and/or have an account to leave feedback. Yeah, I'm over that. Which is a shame, because some of my best and most loyal reviewers have been those who review anonymously and that I have gotten to know because they chose to share their email information with me.

Why post this here, you ask? Because here is the only place I post notices of my S/J fanfic.

I find it interesting that we are constantly admonished about saying anything that even hints at something that might be construed as negative. We are modded (without notice) if a post is perceived to contain a mildly non-positive note about or, saints preserve us, something that may be "anti," well, anti's.

But it's okay for someone who is clearly not a shipper to troll here, find a notice about updated fic, then go to that persons page and call them "delusional."

*Scratches head.* How is that fair?

So...

...that means, ladies and gents, we have a troll in-house. A fuzzy, cowardly little troll.

Oh, and to keep this on-topic, and 'cause I need it:
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
            So...OT but SG and S/J fic-related:
            Spoiler:
            I got this review today, and the "anonymous" reviewer's name (JC didn't feel strong enough in his/her manhood/womanhood/braininess to leave me the option to respond) is left in just 'cause I'm supremely irritated.

Double-spoilered 'cause I'm really irked and saving those who don't care the reading space...
            Spoiler:

You know what? BITE ME. And, I'm sorry, what is "1-9 and reread 1?" Does that mean you read chapters 1-9 and then went back and reread #1? If I'm so delusional, then why waste your time?

Just to refresh everyone's memory, this is header/blurb from my ff dot net page:

If you're not bright enough to know what "romance" means when the stories clearly state they focus on the "growth of the relationship between Sam and Jack," then you're clearly an idiot.

Oh, and thanks, by the way, for the back-handed compliment, that though I am "delusional," I write "write well-written fantasies."

Helloooooooo, of course it's a fantasy, you fuzzy little troll, it's fan-FICTION. Did I miss the part where I write for the show and have shown their (S/J) resolved relationship on screen and NO LONGER NEED to write my fan-FICTION? Yup, must have.

Constructive (look it up, I know it's a term foreign to our troll) criticism I can take and learn from. Name-calling is a waste of my time and yours. I don't need your approval or your praise. If you don't like what I write, here's a little tip, Don't. Read. It.. Troll.

I have kept anonymous reviews possible on my ff dot net site because I find it annoying that one has to register and/or have an account to leave feedback. Yeah, I'm over that. Which is a shame, because some of my best and most loyal reviewers have been those who review anonymously and that I have gotten to know because they chose to share their email information with me.

Why post this here, you ask? Because here is the only place I post notices of my S/J fanfic.

I find it interesting that we are constantly admonished about saying anything that even hints at something that might be construed as negative. We are modded (without notice) if a post is perceived to contain a mildly non-positive note about or, saints preserve us, something that may be "anti," well, anti's.

But it's okay for someone who is clearly not a shipper to troll here, find a notice about updated fic, then go to that persons page and call them "delusional."

*Scratches head.* How is that fair?

So...

...that means, ladies and gents, we have a troll in-house. A fuzzy, cowardly little troll.

Oh, and to keep this on-topic, and 'cause I need it:
            [IMG]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l355/polrobin/vids/Grace_Kiss.gif[/URL]

Spoiler:
            I suppose they could have just fished for it off the site itself, but who knows? I'm sorry this screwed up your day--it's obvious that your Campfires are among the most popular stories EVER, and anyone reading them who is not a shipper has no business reading them--especially if they're just going to diss them.

But I've been shocked at times by how rude reviewers can be. I was told about Paradise Bound that it was a "delightfully fun piece of non-crap" and then the reviewer went on to diss the ever-so-subtle ship that was in it. If you don't like it, then don't say anything. I don't understand how backhanded compliments and negative digs are productive for anything except falsely building up the reviewer's self-esteem.

Rest assured that we love them and appreciate the subtle, sweet touch you take with the stories. Don't let this person get you down. There are over 400 other reviewers who prove that one false. (((hugs)))

And thanks for the Grace Kiss. I'm editing my latest installment for a story, and it's helped me crawl through it with more enthusiasm. Because, in the end, it's all about the BEST ship EVER!
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

*Pops back in*

Spoilered for OT-ishness and unrelated to fic:
              Spoiler:
              Blog updated (click). Fair warning, and you should probably read this first:
              Spoiler:
              there is mention of God (or G-d) and some serious issue taken with the Westboro Baptist Church.

If you don't like that I am voicing an opinion about that topic, skip the blog. I am not going to debate you, nor am I interested in discussing any aspect of this here. I am just posting that I have updated my blog (as I always do). Read, or not. Your choice.

You've been warned.

And, thanks, Sharon. I appreciate it. I don't normally respond to slams in my reviews, but for some reason, this one rubbed me the wrong way. Of course, then it also prompted a "delusional" "fantasy" fic idea in which Jack is going over personnel reviews and runs across a review by a former CO. This is set somewhere in Season 2-5, haven't decided.

Someone he knows well. He brings it up to Sam and isn't satisfied with her "I'm a good officer" style response, so he then addresses it with the former CO.

Crap. Now I have to write that, don't I?

Maybe it'll be a new Campfire.
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

*pops in*

I've already posted this drawing on the arties thread but I am so fond of it that I think I cross post it here too

Watching Galaxies Turn

(click for larger)

*pops out*
                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Nice artie es! greened.

And, thanks, Sharon. I appreciate it. I don't normally respond to slams in my reviews, but for some reason, this one rubbed me the wrong way. Of course, then it also prompted a "delusional" "fantasy" fic idea in which Jack is going over personnel reviews and runs across a review by a former CO. This is set somewhere in Season 2-5, haven't decided.

Someone he knows well. He brings it up to Sam and isn't satisfied with her "I'm a good officer" style response, so he then addresses it with the former CO.

Yes, yes. You do have to write that.

And *huggles* for the review. What Sharon said there; and you know I give you proper constructive comments (well, er, sometimes. )
                  sigpic

Comment

*Pops back in*

Yes, and I shall wait with both enthusiasm and bated breath. (Do you know how often I see "baited breath" in fic? I wonder if that means that person's breath smells like worms or tiny little shrimp. Or perhaps chum?)
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                      Yes, and I shall wait with both enthusiasm and bated breath. (Do you know how often I see "baited breath" in fic? I wonder if that means that person's breath smells like worms or tiny little shrimp. Or perhaps chum?)

Oh dear. You don't want to know the mental image I have going on now.

The fanfic cliche that always makes me roll my eyes is anything remotely like "He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.". Thing is, I've used it, loads of excellent authors use it all the time and there's nothing wrong with it, per se. It just makes me smile when I see it.
                      sigpic

Comment

*Pops back in*

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        there is mention of God (or G-d) and some serious issue taken with the Westboro Baptist Church.

If you don't like that I am voicing an opinion about that topic, skip the blog. I am not going to debate you, nor am I interested in discussing any aspect of this here. I am just posting that I have updated my blog (as I always do). Read, or not. Your choice.

You've been warned.

*huggles Pol* Don't let the bad review bring you down *huggles again*

Oh, I look forward to reading that!

Originally posted by es! View Post
                        *pops in*

I've already posted this drawing on the arties thread but I am so fond of it that I think I cross post it here too

Watching Galaxies Turn

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr243/EwigeStudentin/Drawings/th_galaxies.jpg
                        (click for larger)

*pops out*
                        Awesome!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*Pops back in*

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:

You've been warned.

I read your blog, and I applaud and admire you for everything you said in it.

And I agree with the others who said "yes, you must write it"!

Comment

And, thanks, Sharon. I appreciate it. I don't normally respond to slams in my reviews, but for some reason, this one rubbed me the wrong way.

Trollies! I loves them so much! Baked or broiled (or perhaps stuck on a spit!) and in a stew!

It really is easy to debate with one (hence the reason they never leave contact info...they're skeered!), because they're narrowminded individuals that don't realize that fic IS fantasy to begin with. Something we'd like to see happen - but didn't.

Of course, then it also prompted a "delusional" "fantasy" fic idea in which Jack is going over personnel reviews and runs across a review by a former CO. This is set somewhere in Season 2-5, haven't decided.

Yes. You have to write that now Lookit all these lovely ideas the trollie prompted!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Thank you Cags and yessika! <3
                              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

OT
                                Spoiler:
                                Todays my 21st birthday

Comment

Working...
                                X