Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    So, beyond Daniel, Teal'c, and Walter, who else do you think he would have insisted get an invitation to the wedding? Which members of the SGC are part of his "family"?
    Besides the people others have mentioned I would say for sure and maybe Landry. One other person I forgot .

This part is slightly unrelated to the question but still on the topic of S/J's wedding:
    I say if one Hammond's granddaughters are still young enough to be the flower girl then one could be it and the other another maid of honor while Carter's niece could be either the other flower girl or the third maid of honor and if Mark's other child is a boy then he could be the ring bearer. Another thing I think Jack would do is get Sam's brother Mark to give her away and I'd like think Mark would do it to honor the memory of their parents.
    Last edited by planet_tv; 24 September 2010, 10:57 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      Any chance on a sequel to Territorial?

Thanks for the link to the site. I'd seen it before but found it difficult to navigate but I skimmed through it today and found it easier
      I think so! I think the next bit would have to be after Sam has the Hammond, so I'm not quite sure yet how it works.... There may need to be some angst just to get things going, remind Jack how much he misses her.... Any ideas?
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        Is it really Cam/Vala... or that you miss Crichotn/Aeryn?? I'm a big Crichton/Aeryn shipper, but not Cam/Vala... Vala clearly has a thing for Daniel (and vice versa). IMO, of course. I don't mind Cam/Lam... but I think that's just an attempt to pair poor Cam up with someone since Sam and Vala are already taken

Now back to the thread...

Oh I love Aeyrn/John. Best example of how to develop a ship and have it work without ruining a series ever. Well, that I've seen.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
        And then putting my own version of after Threads in my own words (and hey, those of you sick of Threads stories don't have to read it! LOL).
        Is it actually possibly to ever get bored ofThreads based fanfic? I love reading everyone else's interpretations of how it went down.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        *Pol pops in*

Wildly OT:
        Spoiler:
        The cast is off! The cast is off! Officially no surgery needed to repair the ligament (in left (primary) hand). I behaved, typed one-handed for 6 weeks and...yeah!!!

So...reward. Pass the cookies.

Awesome/ You good girl. Sooo... two handed typing huh? Does that mean *cough* campfire *cough*

(says she who still needs to read your last fic. I wish I had more time. )

*stares at pressies*

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
        someone wanna make me an awesome s/J vid? i'll proide music and dirction?
        ? I'm wiling to hear out your ideas. I can't promise anything (or at least, anything quick since I am ridiculously busy at the moment) but let me know what yo're thinking of.

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
        Besides the people others have mentioned I would say for sure and maybe Landry. One other person I forgot .

This part is slightly unrelated to the question but still on the topic of S/J's wedding:
        I say if one Hammond's granddaughters are still young enough to be the flower girl then one could be it and the other another maid of honor while Carter's niece could be either the other flower girl or the third maid of honor and if Mark's other child is a boy then he could be the ring bearer. Another thing I think Jack would do is get Sam's brother Mark to give her away and I'd like think Mark would do it to honor the memory of their parents.
        I always imagine Sam and Jack's wedding (because although I'm not in the school of thought that they got hitched pretty quickly, I do think it likely they would be by now) to be fairly low key affair. I just have this vision of them either arranging it very short notice in their own back yard, and springing it as a surprise on everyone - who probably thought they were coming to a barbecue or something... or of them just having a very simple ceremony with a few very close friends/family - no attendants, flowers (maybe just a simple buttonhole and bouquet for the bride and groom) and then off to the local steak restaurant for a meal after. I see the big fluffy 200 wedding scene as a parody as it's the antithesis of what these people would do.

I thought half the problem with Pete was that Sam was trying to conform to the normal - the big white wedding with the cake, dress, flowers etc. because that was, kind of, what she thought was what she should be doing - settling for someone nice, who cares for and would take care of her, and doing that normal thing. When, in fact, what she missed was the point that she doesn't have a normal life and can't shoehorn that into what she is just because convention dictates. Ditching Pete wasn't just about coming to her senses in a love/romantic sense but also in the sense of her whole life. About learning that she doesn't need to change; she just needs to find happiness in who she is.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          I always imagine Sam and Jack's wedding (because although I'm not in the school of thought that they got hitched pretty quickly, I do think it likely they would be by now) to be fairly low key affair. I just have this vision of them either arranging it very short notice in their own back yard, and springing it as a surprise on everyone - who probably thought they were coming to a barbecue or something... or of them just having a very simple ceremony with a few very close friends/family - no attendants, flowers (maybe just a simple buttonhole and bouquet for the bride and groom) and then off to the local steak restaurant for a meal after. I see the big fluffy 200 wedding scene as a parody as it's the antithesis of what these people would do.
          LOL. I totally wrote almost that exact fic.

I (obviously) feel the exact same way about how Sam and Jack would have married. I also agree re: your thoughts on a 200-style wedding.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            Artie! I love your stuff and may I say you also appease the tiny, secret, not-canon ship I have...Cam/Vala (but not in a fluffy love sense).

*cough*Sam/Jackforever*cough* (tries to distract from what she just admitted to

And thank you so much!
            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post

I actually wrote them as going off to Vegas and getting hitched all by themselves in "Passing Time". They hadn't even told Daniel. But that's just how I see it--no fuss, no frou frou. No big dress, no traditional line. Maybe even just signing papers and chatting with a Justice of the Peace at City Hall and then a big "family" BBQ in O'Neill's back yard. He'd have to get bigger grill.

OOOOhh--drabble bunny.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Non-SGC personnel: Bra'tac, Ish'ta, Rya'c (and Karinne, of course).
                i also forgot to add Jonas Quinn. If they had a wedding with guests, they wouldn't forget him. Langara was still safe from the Ori at that time.

I actually wrote them as going off to Vegas and getting hitched all by themselves in "Passing Time". They hadn't even told Daniel. But that's just how I see it--no fuss, no frou frou. No big dress, no traditional line. Maybe even just signing papers and chatting with a Justice of the Peace at City Hall and then a big "family" BBQ in O'Neill's back yard. He'd have to get bigger grill.

OOOOhh--drabble bunny.
                Or else Sam surprised him with a bigger grill and a few other yard amendments with help from the DIY Yard Crashers people, who accosted her at the local Home Depot Store when she was looking for a new grill to surprise him with.

Comment

Cags!!!!!! We are so good as stalker!

For everyone who saw the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsE3D0dm9V8)and wanted to read this fic, now Ellana finally published the English version!

Collide
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                    Cags!!!!!! We are so good as stalker!

For everyone who saw the trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsE3D0dm9V8)and wanted to read this fic, now Ellana finally published the English version!

Collide
                    I tried going to the Ff.net link but it's giving me a error message

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                      Oh I love Aeyrn/John. Best example of how to develop a ship and have it work without ruining a series ever. Well, that I've seen.

Is it actually possibly to ever get bored ofThreads based fanfic? I love reading everyone else's interpretations of how it went down.

Awesome/ You good girl. Sooo... two handed typing huh? Does that mean *cough* campfire *cough*

(says she who still needs to read your last fic. I wish I had more time. )

*stares at pressies*

? I'm wiling to hear out your ideas. I can't promise anything (or at least, anything quick since I am ridiculously busy at the moment) but let me know what yo're thinking of.

I thought half the problem with Pete was that Sam was trying to conform to the normal - the big white wedding with the cake, dress, flowers etc. because that was, kind of, what she thought was what she should be doing - settling for someone nice, who cares for and would take care of her, and doing that normal thing. When, in fact, what she missed was the point that she doesn't have a normal life and can't shoehorn that into what she is just because convention dictates. Ditching Pete wasn't just about coming to her senses in a love/romantic sense but also in the sense of her whole life. About learning that she doesn't need to change; she just needs to find happiness in who she is.
                      @ Bolded

Obviously a Sam/jack vid... to the song Always by Blink 182...

sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        I tried going to the Ff.net link but it's giving me a error message
                        I got through just fine--but FF.net is being really weird--I haven't been able to answer any reviews for a few days. Keep trying, is all I can say.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

I always imagined S/J's wedding to be something small. I don't see them as the type to give the big churchy(or something else) wedding. Something low key is what they are like.

Still in a way, certainly after S8, since I think they got together there, I started to get doubting if they even got married. I mean, in my shipper mind it would be awesome, but I wonder if they feel the need to get married to show that they are together. I can see it from a military perspective, but still...I don't know. As long as they are together, they are happy in my opinion.

sigpic

Comment

Happy Saturday afternoon shippers!

I am here to present you with fic!

So a little while ago, I was watching "Window of Opportunity" with the commentary and at the end Jack's got this HUGE grin on his face and Sam asks "What are you smiling at?" On the commentary, Peter DeLuise says something like, "That's a smile that says 'I have carnal knowledge of your lips...'" Well, to me, that smile said 'I have carnal knowledge of a whole heck of a lot more than your lips." And fic was inspired.

WARNINGS
                            This is an ADULT fic. If smut bothers you, or S & J getting it on outside of the bonds of holy matrimony bothers you, please, please, please, this is not for you.

I tried to keep it mostly light and funny and in the spirit of the episode, so I hope those of you who read will enjoy and have a giant smile to carry you through your day. It's also the first time I've written S/J secksings, so I'm kind of nervous about it.

Linked only to the journal due to content, but it's the first entry, What are you smiling at?

((((shippers))))
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

A fluffy, fluffy Jack/Sam ficlet for your afternoon, Hand Crafted: http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/362542.html

I hope you enjoy it!
                              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                                A fluffy, fluffy Jack/Sam ficlet for your afternoon, Hand Crafted: http://artaxastra.livejournal.com/362542.html

I hope you enjoy it!
                                Cute! And I suggested to my husband a while ago that I could quilt a case for his AR-15, but he politely turned me down.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X