Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can not belive that MGM isn't going to give us the full 90 minute version of Threads. Threads would have been the only reason I would have bought Season 8, plus its the last full season with Jack, and now this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belive me I am going to write them and give them a piece of my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
      I can not belive that MGM isn't going to give us the full 90 minute version of Threads. Threads would have been the only reason I would have bought Season 8, plus its the last full season with Jack, and now this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Belive me I am going to write them and give them a piece of my mind.
      I preordered season 8 from Amazon a while back, so I'll be stuck with it when it comes. They'll probably release the 90 min. version as a single disc sometime in the future because they know we'll fork over the money for it. I know that this is a trivial matter, but unless there's some licensing thing or other extenuating circumstance at play that we don't know about, this is a very shabby way to treat the fans. I think it really speaks poorly of the people behind this, and personally, I find this whole matter to be very unfunny.

sigpic
      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

I don't think anyone is bashing Sam, I think as others have said it is the way that TPTB are portraying her recently that they take offense with. Me personally I am a huge supporter of RDA and I also enjoy AT. Have I been happy about the so called comments she has been making about the ship between her and Jack, No; but I haven't enjoyed too much about the ship lately.
        Spoiler:
        I guess because we got next to nothing this season so far;
        I at least was hoping for great comments from the actors themselves about the subject; but they too have the right to their own opinion. See for me I don't want to leave everything up to my imagination, I want to see it with my own eyes and refer back to it on DVD (I guess thats why I am so upset about the shortened version of Threads).

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
          You know, it's really weird because in the French DVD boxset, we have the long version of Threads (no audio commentaries for this ep though). Why do they make differents versions of those DVDs ? What's their goal ? Yeah, I know : money
          But do they think that people in US will buy 2 different boxsets ? One with the short version and one with the long version ?
          I mean, they already know about the whole downloading 'traffic', but with this kind of things, it will only drive people to dl even more...
          I've bought S8 boxset, not because I've really enjoyed this season (cause I've not, except maybe 2 or 3 eps...), but because it was the last season with Sam AND Jack. And also because of the audio commentaries and all the extras that we don't get to see on french tv (like Behind the Stargate or Lowdown...)
          Now if there hasn't been those extras and if we had got the short version of Threads, it would have been a big 'NO' for me. I know other ways to spend my money...
          Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Now that we know that the 90 version of Threads is not included in the box set(region 1), do you still plan on buying it?

I didn't plan on buying season 8 anyway. I had saved off the eps that I liked on my DVR. But if I had planned on buying season 8 because of Threads, it would have been a real bummer.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by florence
              You know, it's really weird because in the French DVD boxset, we have the long version of Threads (no audio commentaries for this ep though). Why do they make differents versions of those DVDs ? What's their goal ? Yeah, I know : money
              But do they think that people in US will buy 2 different boxsets ? One with the short version and one with the long version ?
              I mean, they already know about the whole downloading 'traffic', but with this kind of things, it will only drive people to dl even more...
              I've bought S8 boxset, not because I've really enjoyed this season (cause I've not, except maybe 2 or 3 eps...), but because it was the last season with Sam AND Jack. And also because of the audio commentaries and all the extras that we don't get to see on french tv (like Behind the Stargate or Lowdown...)
              Now if there hasn't been those extras and if we had got the short version of Threads, it would have been a big 'NO' for me. I know other ways to spend my money...
              Hia ll!

Just dropped in from a crazy day at the office to see what folks were saying about the S8 DVD's which landed on my doorstep this morning before I left for work. So I'm devasted to see what I'm reading. No 90 minute Threads??? What the frak is wrong with these people?? We should have been given the 90 minute version since this was what was aired in the US. How can they say it's the COMPLETE Season 8 of it isn't.

Isn't this misleading advertising?????

Sorry for the rant but I was really looking forward to watching it before the Yankee game tonight!

Lynn

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Hi

i'm new to the forum, but have been reading threads for a while now.

I am a big Sam/Jack shipper fan and living in england we are just getting season 9 i just wondered if anyone has seen some of season 9 and can give me a small glimmer of hope that Jack and Sam have hope?

I live in hope that something will happen since they hinted at it with Sam calling off her wedding because she loved Jack and Jack braking up with that other woman who mentioned him working as a civilian inorder to be with Sam.

Some one please give me some hope! since i have no friends that share my love of Jack and Sam i can talk to
                sigpic
                Credit to: Samantha.Majka for the beautiful banner
                Proud Tesla Trooper / Jonathan Young Minion
                LiveJournal: http://aeryn11.livejournal.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
                  Hia ll!

Just dropped in from a crazy day at the office to see what folks were saying about the S8 DVD's which landed on my doorstep this morning before I left for work. So I'm devasted to see what I'm reading. No 90 minute Threads??? What the frak is wrong with these people?? We should have been given the 90 minute version since this was what was aired in the US. How can they say it's the COMPLETE Season 8 of it isn't.

Isn't this misleading advertising?????

Sorry for the rant but I was really looking forward to watching it before the Yankee game tonight!

Lynn
                  I heard the 60 minute one was really confusing. Is there a web site for MGM to file complaints?
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Well… I watched Lost City part2 tonight… I love that episode

And what with the
                    Spoiler:
                    “I know”, “Please… Jack”, and the way Sam looks at Jack when he’s all icy and sleeping …OH and how it ends on Jack like that…

By the end I was in tears!

Bu the thing that confuses me… is that they said, more than once, that it was the last episode from the previous series… LOL… its weird, because you would have thought that at least one person associated with skyone would have noticed…*shrugs*

And YAY for S9… starts next Tuesday...

*grins*

Hey sarahjones3! Its great to see you… I’m from the UK too…whereabouts are you?? As for S9… hm… apparently there are a couple of very small things… but don’t have your hopes up too high…
                    But who am I to say anything! I haven’t seen it myself yet, obviously... so I guess I’m with you on this one…

And you can be my friend! I have a couple of friends who like stargate… but no real shipper friends
                    Sam&Jack
                    ..:TogetherForever:..

--/\/ShipperForLife\/\--
                    ForNoOneCanDenyTheLove
                    TheyWantEachOtherBad--AlwaysWillAndAlwaysHave

Comment

Originally posted by sarahjones3
                      Hi

I am a big Sam/Jack shipper fan and living in england we are just getting season 9 i just wondered if anyone has seen some of season 9 and can give me a small glimmer of hope that Jack and Sam have hope?

I live in hope that something will happen since they hinted at it with Sam calling off her wedding because she loved Jack and Jack braking up with that other woman who mentioned him working as a civilian inorder to be with Sam.

Some one please give me some hope! since i have no friends that share my love of Jack and Sam i can talk to
                      Welcome sarahjones3!

I'm afraid (specific spoiler for s9, don't read if you don't want to know)
                      Spoiler:
                      there isn't much ship in s9. However, in Ex Deus Machina, Agent Barrett is quizzing Sam about her breakup with Pete and her life in general and asks her if she's available, and she says "not exactly". It's not much, but we know that she's not available because she's with Jack!

sigpic
                      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                        Has anyone heard anything about S8 DVD's having the shortened version of Threads? I just saw a complaint about it on another thread. Anybody have theirs yet who can confirm or deny?
                        Someone has started a thread to discuss it. It's in the General Discussion section. You can find it at: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18443

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                          "Threads"
                          Spoiler:
                          Jack cares for Sam in the wake of Jake's funeral, and they finally get their crap together. Followed by some very nice smut.

And the writing is, of course, very well done.
                          I love that "review"! I bet mei mei would too! Sally, I've read it, and I think I know enough about you by now to say that you will definitely like it!

Comment

Originally posted by sarahjones3
                            Hi

Welcome in the Ship Family sarah !
                            Befoire joining this forum, I didn't even know one person who was watching Stargate... but now I really feel like I'm part of a very big family !
                            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
                              I'd like to steer the direction of the conversation in another direction related to the issue of TPTB's handling of ship over the years. My question ot you all is which writer you think has done the best job of writing ship, not just in moments, but also in terms of storylines. I'll give a listing of some of our "favourite" writers and the episodes with ship they have written.

1. Brad Wright - Solitudes, Into the Fire, Point of View, A Hundred Days
                              2. Robert C. Cooper - Point of View, Nemesis, Crace, Chimera, Threads
                              3. Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie - Window of Opportunity
                              4. Damian Kindler
                              5. Peter DeLuise - Entity, Death Knell, Affinity
                              6. Heather E. Ash - Beneath the Surface
                              7. Jonathan Glassner - The Broca Divide, Point of View

Just list them in order of best to worst. I didn't list There But For the Grace of God because it was written by David Kemper, the producer of Farscape, who wrote only that one episode to my knowledge.

Anyone else find it interesting that the first episode Jonathan Glassner wrote for the series (outside the series premiere) had Sam in a tank top jumping Jack in the locker room?
                              Sorry to be dense, but you want us the list the writers in order, taking into consideration their whole body of shippy eps and not just one out of a number of them? Or the episodes in order. Did Kindler write Divide and Conquer?

Comment

Did anyone see the preview/trailer/ad for "Grace Under Pressure" Monday night? That plus the half page article on it in TV Guide make me wonder why they are pushing it so much. Have their been any previews on other future(i.e. January in the USA) SGA or SG-1 episodes?

Comment

Working...
                                X