Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darklilac
    I think this is the right thread to discuss the matter, why some fans like it and some others don't.
    Actually, it's very clear in the first post that this isn't a place to discuss ship. It's a haven for anti-ship people to relax without fear of being persecuted or brainwashed by shippers.

There is, as fours already pointed out, a ship discussion thread which is better suited for actual discussion regarding the merits/problems with ship.

Comment

Originally posted by jex_piperUK
      And when they were kissing in Grace, it made me wanna puke...
      I'm with you on that. I have to close my eyes, and even put it on mute (the moaning makes it even worse ) when that scene comes on. Just so I don't get sick. Plus, it's just too embarrassing to watch. >_<
      sigpic
      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
        I'm with you on that. I have to close my eyes, and even put it on mute (the moaning makes it even worse ) when that scene comes on. Just so I don't get sick. Plus, it's just too embarrassing to watch. >_<
        It's definitely one of those 'cringe' moments. I haven't really watched that ep again since it first aired. Not much of a desire to.
        Webbgirl
        Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
        My Livejournal

Comment

Grace is one of the few episodes that I have only seen once.
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I never watched Grace, I didn't know they were moaning during the kiss, is this for real?
            Another reason to dislike the ship.

Comment

I can't remember moaning. OTOH, I've only seen the episode once, and I've tried to block as much as I can from my memory.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                I can't remember moaning. OTOH, I've only seen the episode once, and I've tried to block as much as I can from my memory.
                I'd go back and watch it to check...but no.
                Webbgirl
                Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
                My Livejournal

Comment

I didn't notice the moaning if it was there.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I hope it wasn't there, it seems too much even for them.

Comment

All,

What does "ship" mean in the context of the relationship between Jack and Sam? I have been a fan since the first season, but just found this site last week.

Comment

'ship' is short for relationship. It means that you see a romantic pairing between two characters of opposite sex. I believe it originated in the X Files fandom. Each fandom has one 'main' ship pairing that people usually mean when they say 'ship'. In the Stargate fandom it is Sam/Jack. So if you ship for another pairing, you'd preface it with their initials or names eg Daniel/Janet ship. Those who see ship are generally called Shippers. Ship, as well as being a noun, is also a verb - to ship is to look for romantic moments.

You can also pair same gender couples - this is called Slash. Apparantly it comes from the Star Trek fandom, where the original pairing was Kirk/Spock - slash comes from the forward slash seperating the names. For a long long long time I avoided slash fiction because I thought slash meant horrific mindless violence! In the Stargate fandom, the main slash pairing is Jack/Daniel. Those who see slash are Slashers.

And then there's those who don't see romance in the show and don't ever want to see romance in the show. They're noromo's.

So, noromo; ship; slash - did I forget anything?
                        sigpic

Comment

GateGypsy said:

. Each fandom has one 'main' ship pairing that people usually mean when they say 'ship'. In the Stargate fandom it is Sam/Jack.
                          I just want to say that I've never heard this rule. If I see that someone is a shipper, I need to see it spelled out who they ship. I don't automatically assume they mean Sam/Jack.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I know very well there are other type of happiness, I know about single people, I'm not for romance in this show and I'm not even a romantic person myself.
                            Actually I don't even like romantic movies or romance in any show.
                            That's one of the reasons I hate so much the JS ship.
                            But Teal'c, Sam and Jack will all be involved in a lot of romance, so I'm not sure I will be so pleased to see Daniel alone somewhere on some planet left with nothing.
                            Yeah, it really bugs me that Abydos was destroyed. Daniel should be on some planet where the people love him and he can love them back. And that planet is probably not going to be Kelowna!

Think about it -- the Gate goes to hundreds, perhaps thousands of planets. Somewhere there must be a nice planet that is just waiting for an archaeologist who loves his work.

Comment

No, I don't want Daniel to go elsewhere, away from the team where he can find someone who loves his work.
                              He belongs to the team and SG1 and his friends love him and his work.
                              To go back on topic, how wrong will it be the JS "secret love" now that Jack is a general?

Comment

To go back on topic, how wrong will it be the JS "secret love" now that Jack is a general?
                                Positively gag-inducing, especially the way TPTB write it.

Comment

Working...
                                X