Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey! I'm new here!
    glad to see there's an anti sam/jack thread!

I am fed up all this coverage around sam/jack, above all when people in cons shout when they see sam and jack kissing each other!

come on! jack/sam is not the only ship in the show! hopefully!

I want more Cam/Sam and Dala
    Paul Mc Gillion back as regular in season 5!

We want Farscape on M6! 538 people signed! What about you?
    March 19th 1999-March 19th 2008 : Happy Birthday Farscape !

Stargate cast members I would like to meet :
    Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Paul Mc Gillion and Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
      What's worrying me now is that they will ruin the last ten episodes, not with Sam/Jack but with Daniel/Vala - there's rumour of a kiss to come...

FF
      I prefer seeing a kiss between daniel and vala than sam and jack!

I want more Cam/Sam and Dala
      Paul Mc Gillion back as regular in season 5!

We want Farscape on M6! 538 people signed! What about you?
      March 19th 1999-March 19th 2008 : Happy Birthday Farscape !

Stargate cast members I would like to meet :
      Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Paul Mc Gillion and Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
        Just thought I'd bring this thread up after seeing the Shroud

Spoiler:
        Personally I thought it was nice to see Sam/Jack interacting in a normal way that wasn't awkward or shippy. I didn't see anything remotely shippy here, to be honest I wasn't expecting to but you never know what TPTB are going to do.

Of course some shippers will say it is shippy simply because they were standing close together in Sam's lab, oh please. They've known each other for 10 years and have been through a lot together, why shouldn't they stand close together Some will also say they have some secret relationship going on, whatever each to their own
        For me, I want them to be able to get along without the awkwardness, and I do actually like the friendship between them, as long as it's nothing more IMO.

If they could have RDA being in the movies and have his role like it was in this ep, I would be happy. I only wish they had never started with the S/J ship in the first place, simply concentrated on the team friendships, then maybe we would have been spared all those awkward moments between them.

I am still concerned over what they might still do with Daniel/Vala, but that's for another thread...
        The Shroud.
        Spoiler:
        The interaction between them was gloriously ship free huzzah!
        They looked like professional colleagues, who have known each other for a decade and it was wonderful. Jack trained Sam as his 2IC, he trained her up to be a good officer, to lead her team*. He was her boss, her mentor, her role model and occasionally her foil. *Humph, we won't go into that!
        That's the interaction I saw there, mutal respect and caring, as it should be, without being tainted with unsuitable and inappropriate behaviour.

Originally posted by sgaaddict View Post
        hey! I'm new here!
        glad to see there's an anti sam/jack thread!

I am fed up all this coverage around sam/jack, above all when people in cons shout when they see sam and jack kissing each other!

come on! jack/sam is not the only ship in the show! hopefully!
        We're a select little bunch, but discerning. Well, except scarimor, I think she's just a bit strange...

Originally posted by sgaaddict View Post
        I prefer seeing a kiss between daniel and vala than sam and jack!
        I don't really like Daniel and Vala either, I'm afraid.
        The Shroud again.
        Spoiler:
        Though I laughed out loud at Vala sitting on Daniel's lap. As a dyed in the wool slash fan, I think she's barking up the wrong tree, but it was cute.

FF still on cloud 9 from The Shroud
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
          We're a select little bunch, but discerning. Well, except scarimor, I think she's just a bit strange...
          HA!

(just kidding, scarimor sorta kinda mostly maybe)

Given your comments, I think I should get it together and watch this 'Shroud', FF. Perhaps this evening.

Comment

for Frostfox and DEM:

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
              for Frostfox and DEM:

Oooh, where has Sam had her tongue...

FF in the Bad Place
              sigpic

Comment

First off, hello there sgaaddict, nice to meet you

Secondly, I agree with you guys... finally got to see some of this ep and
                Spoiler:
                I liked Jack and Sam's interaction... the mutual respect and caring, it was like two people who were good friends for so many years, fellow officers...you guys summed it up well. It was nice.

FF, I agree about the D/V scene where Vala sat on his lap. I didn't find that shippy at all, seemed like she was being cutesy there. I know D/V shippers see it another way but that's just my take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                  First off, hello there sgaaddict, nice to meet you

Secondly, I agree with you guys... finally got to see some of this ep and
                  Spoiler:
                  I liked Jack and Sam's interaction... the mutual respect and caring, it was like two people who were good friends for so many years, fellow officers...you guys summed it up well. It was nice.

FF, I agree about the D/V scene where Vala sat on his lap. I didn't find that shippy at all, seemed like she was being cutesy there. I know D/V shippers see it another way but that's just my take on it.

All I've ever asked for with Sam and Jack is for two officers in the US Airforce to behave in a professional manner around each other. Don't care if the 'love' each other (cue hearts, flowers and tinkling music, oh, and barf bags) they have an oath to uphold. If they wanted to play goo goo eyes with each other, one of them should have left the team. But then that leads to the circular arguement; if they did that they would have broken up SG1 and that's where it all falls down because for the TV show, it wouldn't have worked. So why did the writers paint themself in the corner in the first place, why torture (in the words of Martin Lloyd) everyone for a decade when they couldn't do anything useful or realistic with the relationship? Just to drag it on and on ad-nauseum until both sides, those for and those against were sick of it (see Deanna Troi and Riker in Next Gen, by the time they resolved that one, no one was left to care). The leading guy does not always get the girl. Let's shoot that cliché in the head right here and now and get on with what they did do well, telling a good adventure story.

The Shroud
                  Spoiler:

Vala sitting on Daniel looked very strange but then we have seen her odd personal space issues recently, jumping into Teal'c's arms and hugging Sam. I still can't see this little girl, pigtails and cute as the woman who stole Prometheus and was an intergalactic thief and ex-host, the dichotomy between the two is huge and I find it distracting.
                  Later in the same scene with Daniel though, when she was being earnest and sitting on the stool, it did work for me. But the lap sitting, cute as it was? An odd directing choice.
                  But that's a discussion for another thread, sorry, should go and root out the general anti-ship thread.

FF
                  sigpic

Comment

All I've ever asked for with Sam and Jack is for two officers in the US Airforce to behave in a professional manner around each other. Don't care if the 'love' each other (cue hearts, flowers and tinkling music, oh, and barf bags) they have an oath to uphold. If they wanted to play goo goo eyes with each other, one of them should have left the team. But then that leads to the circular arguement; if they did that they would have broken up SG1 and that's where it all falls down because for the TV show, it wouldn't have worked. So why did the writers paint themself in the corner in the first place, why torture (in the words of Martin Lloyd) everyone for a decade when they couldn't do anything useful or realistic with the relationship? Just to drag it on and on ad-nauseum until both sides, those for and those against were sick of it (see Deanna Troi and Riker in Next Gen, by the time they resolved that one, no one was left to care). The leading guy does not always get the girl. Let's shoot that cliché in the head right here and now and get on with what they did do well, telling a good adventure story.

The Shroud
                    Spoiler:

Vala sitting on Daniel looked very strange but then we have seen her odd personal space issues recently, jumping into Teal'c's arms and hugging Sam. I still can't see this little girl, pigtails and cute as the woman who stole Prometheus and was an intergalactic thief and ex-host, the dichotomy between the two is huge and I find it distracting.
                    Later in the same scene with Daniel though, when she was being earnest and sitting on the stool, it did work for me. But the lap sitting, cute as it was? An odd directing choice.
                    But that's a discussion for another thread, sorry, should go and root out the general anti-ship thread.

FF
                    VERY nicely done!! I agree that the "tension" between Sam and Jack has been strung along way to far. And for us who don't particularly care for that aspect of their relationship, it kinda is irksome.

I haven't seen the ep - I'm doing so well with only viewing some spoilers, but not the show, usually during the hiatus I am trying to look up transcripts of the whole eps... - but to know that there is some MELLOW and REALISTIC moments between them, makes me happy. I doubt either one really wants a realy go at a relationship with the other, because if they did, like you pointed out, one would have stepped down into civilian life and indicated they were serious. (cue barf bags and channel switching should that EVER happen)

Of course the one thing I love dispite every bad mistake TPTB have done over the years is that they do know how to tell a good adventure. Some eps are harder to cut through the shipper tape, but it usually is a really good one. I mean there are ups and downs, as always, but they are pretty good at giving a good go at the adventure part of the franchise.
                    Last edited by rebelwriter03; 05 February 2007, 12:51 PM.
                    Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post
                      VERY nicely done!! I agree that the "tension" between Sam and Jack has been strung along way to far. And for us who don't particularly care for that aspect of their relationship, it kinda is irksome.
                      But it's also an irritation to the fans of the relationship too so no one is happy.

I haven't seen the ep - I'm doing so well with only viewing some spoilers, but not the show, usually during the hiatus I am trying to look up transcripts of the whole eps... - but to know that there is some MELLOW and REALISTIC moments between them, makes me happy. I doubt either one really wants a realy go at a relationship with the other, because if they did, like you pointed out, one would have stepped down into civilian life and indicated they were serious. (cue barf bags and channel switching should that EVER happen)
                      The second half of the season has been good so far, I think you patience will be rewarded.

Of course the one thing I love dispite every bad mistake TPTB have done over the years is that they do know how to tell a good adventure. Some eps are harder to cut through the shipper tape, but it usually is a really good one. I mean there are ups and downs, as always, but they are pretty good at giving a good go at the adventure part of the franchise.
                      We complain about TPTB but when it comes down to it, they still produce a good show. We internet fans are much more critical than JoeFan and are fast to place blame. I think SG1 was coming to the end of it's natural life, I'm not sure that, even without the changes in seasons 9 & 10, if RDA had stayed, it would have made it to 11 seasons. And ten years is a fabulously good run, by anyones standards. I'm grateful for what we got...

FF
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice points, FF. I agree, 10 years was a great run and I am glad that we got at least that.

Comment

Hey all
                          I started a couple of games in the fun and games section of gateworld forum check them out
                          this is the ship one.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40347
                          this is the men of Stargate
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...51#post6291251
                          I made a women one
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40346
                          I made a slasher one too
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40348
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Well, it's over, Ladies and Gents.

Musings on Unending.
                            Spoiler:
                            And, happily, it ended without sacrificing Sam on The Altar of Ship the way Janet/Martuf/Jacob all had to die.

There are still the flims to come, but for the vast majority of the viewing audience, the show is over.
                            The films are being produced for the straight to DVD market, if I recall correctly, so only a fraction of people will see them compared to the weekly numbers of the show.
                            I personally will consider the films to be a codicil to the ten excellent seasons of the show, an optional extra for the fans but not essential to Stargate SG1 the way the initial series were.

Let us raise a glass to 10 excellent seasons of a team show.

Eeek! I've just put the Jonas smilie next to the Vala smilie! She'd eat the poor lad alive!

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, it's over, Ladies and Gents.

Musings on Unending.
                              Spoiler:
                              And, happily, it ended without sacrificing Sam on The Altar of Ship the way Janet/Martuf/Jacob all had to die.

There are still the flims to come, but for the vast majority of the viewing audience, the show is over.
                              The films are being produced for the straight to DVD market, if I recall correctly, so only a fraction of people will see them compared to the weekly numbers of the show.
                              I personally will consider the films to be a codicil to the ten excellent seasons of the show, an optional extra for the fans but not essential to Stargate SG1 the way the initial series were.

Let us raise a glass to 10 excellent seasons of a team show.

Eeek! I've just put the Jonas smilie next to the Vala smilie! She'd eat the poor lad alive!

FF
                              While I agree with you for the most part,
                              Spoiler:
                              the truth is that they sacrified the Sam/Daniel, Daniel/Teal'c friendships instead, so that they could 'ship' Vala/Daniel which to tell you the truth makes me want to vomit as much as the Sam/Jack ship did.

It makes me leery of the movies. I really, really don't want to be subjected to another one of those at the expense of the team dynamic...

Pagan

Pagan Twylight's
                              Stargate SG-1
                              Tok'Ra FriendlyFanfiction
                              http://www.pagantwylight.com
                              Symbiotica
                              http://tokra.fandomnet.com/fic2/index.php
                              There comes a moment of sadness, with the setting of the sun.
                              Not for the sins committed, but for the things I have not done.
                              Minot Savage

Comment

Originally posted by kalicokatt View Post
                                While I agree with you for the most part,
                                Spoiler:
                                the truth is that they sacrified the Sam/Daniel, Daniel/Teal'c friendships instead, so that they could 'ship' Vala/Daniel which to tell you the truth makes me want to vomit as much as the Sam/Jack ship did.

It makes me leery of the movies. I really, really don't want to be subjected to another one of those at the expense of the team dynamic...

Pagan
                                Spoilers just in case I go into stuff some people haven't seen yet.

Spoiler:
                                I don't like Daniel/Vala, and I so agree that Sam/Daniel and Daniel/Teal'c suffered because of it but it doesn't make me want to heave the way the Sam/Jack does.
                                The writers deconstructed and all but wreaked Sam's character (and still would even if she ended up in relationship now they aren't CO and 2IC, everyone would still assume that she slept her way to the promotions) with a pointless and forced relationship.
                                They haven't done Vala any favours with shoehorning into a sexual relationship with Daniel but it doesn't get my hackles up in quite the same way. Mostly, I think, because I was much fonder of Sam, I had ten years to know and love her, than I am of Vala, the writing of whom has been much less consistant and skillful. I prefer the cool Vala of Prometheus Unbound to the pig tails and girlishness of most of season 9/10 Vala

FF
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X