No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now TPTB get so low and use famous people to push the ship even more.
    And surprise, they have to go and diss Daniel to do that.

Comment

im not sure what you mean by this darklilac, but the fact that they are ramming the sam/jack ship down our throats is irritating to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by darklilac
        Eh?

Madeleine

Comment

THANK GOD, I'm not alone...the writers obssession with Jack/Sam is really pissing me off. They pushed it to the limits in season 7 without actually getting them together. I mean they had Sam talking to Jack about her boyfriend...gosh, if that isn't uncalled for what is? Especially when we know full well how they 'feel' about each other. I hope now that Jack has become you know what, there will be much less ship in season 8. Well one can wish...

Comment

welcome to our thread, and our way of thinking

*i hate sam/jack ship*

we welcome you with open arms

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              Eh?

Last night there was another skit on Conan O'Brien (in the USA). The skit character was on the set, got to hug AT, etc and at the end of the "skit" it was inferred he was riddled with bullet holes from Daniel Jackson/MS (who wasn't shown on screen) in response to the verbal take-down DJ got a few weeks earlier on the Conan show.

Comment

Yet another on the list of reasons to avoid the Conan O'Brien show.
                Webbgirl
                Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
                My Livejournal

Comment

Thanks to Gategrrl for explaining what I was talking about, I was too angry and I didn't want to post something I could regret later.

I wonder why they feel the need to hurt a large part of their fans only to push the JS ship or their beloved Atlantis.

I thought that the JS ship was already taking over the show, it's everywhere and judging by the spoilers for season 8, it's going to be even worse.

Why did they have to hurt the fans of Daniel and humiliate MS like that?
                  There was no need to do such a thing.

Comment

This is true and it's not fair to discuss about shippers if they're not here to reply.
                    But, it's also true that TPTB censored and cut Jack and Daniel scenes to push the JS ship(they admitted it), so maybe it's ok to discuss how the JS ship influenced the scenes and relationship between the member of the team, expecially Jack and Daniel.
                    Where did they say this and what was said out of interest?

erika

Comment

Originally posted by Eken95
                      Where did they say this and what was said out of interest?

erika
                      I wonder why you read this thread since I saw form your post that you're a JS shipper, it must be unpleasant for you to read this stuff, if you don't mind I'd like to know.
                      Anyway, there's a world out there of sites, groups and boards, and Gateworld is just a shipper forum among millions of others.
                      That's not direct to you, just for the record.
                      I saw posts from shippers in different places saying this things, I even tried to talk to some of them, but unfortunately many(not everyone) of them are very offensive and childish.
                      Like here, I can't really post in any other thread, people are always using offensive terms, and I really don't understand why since it's a moderate board.

Comment

I wonder why you read this thread since I saw form your post that you're a JS shipper, it must be unpleasant for you to read this stuff, if you don't mind I'd like to know.
                        As long as folks are respectful of differring opinions when they post, they can read any threads that they want to. Maybe Eken is curious to get another take on the subject and is hoping to understand why anti-shippers (anti-ship folk... jeez, that's a headache) feel the way they do. No law against that. In fact, it should be encouraged.

Anyway, there's a world out there of sites, groups and boards, and Gateworld is just a shipper forum among millions of others.
                        That's not direct to you, just for the record.
                        Actually, that's just your opinion, it isn't a fact. Granted, there do seem to be a lot of shippers around here, but this anti-ship thread is managing to do quite nicely anyway.

There are also "millions" of SG sites which have nothing to do with ship, or only remotely, or which feature different parings and I'm pretty sure there have to be at least a few out there which are anti-ship.

I saw posts from shippers in different places saying this things, I even tried to talk to some of them, but unfortunately many(not everyone) of them are very offensive and childish.
                        Without having any context to put this in, it's very hard to make any kind of judgement- about you, about them, or about the subject at large.

Like here, I can't really post in any other thread, people are always using offensive terms, and I really don't understand why since it's a moderate board.
                        I post all over the place here and other than a few isolated places (like the "David DeLuise returns" thread I haven't noticed anything particularly offensive. But then, I don't venture into threads where I know folks will be saying things I don't like and I have some fairly clear ideas of what I consider "offensive".

Darklilac, while I do enjoy some of your posts here, I have to say, you come off as even more bitter and hostile than I do. If you can't tone it down a notch, could you maybe at least keep it to more generic subjects rather than targeting specific groups of fandom? I think we just had a discussion on this thread about how counter-productive it is to run around condemning fans (even if it's a genuine opinion and even if you leave the "not everyone, but most" semi-loophole in it). I'd hate to see this thread get shut down because people keep dumping on the fans rather than the subject. That's also part of the reason we had the title changed to Anti-ship rather than Anti-shipper.

I've run into my fair share of violently pro-ship people before who will bash anything and everything that doesn't toe the party line, but I've met plenty more shippers who are a lot more rational about it, who can keep an open mind to alternative viewpoints and who even- to an extent- agree with some of our complaints. Stargate fandom is a very varied group and the sub-factions are no different. Let's not start casting stones lest we get hit ourselves.

Comment

Hi, I'm a shipper and I read every post that goes on this thread, and yes I do find some of what's said... irritating (for lack of a better word), but I tend to agree with quite a few of the complaints. If you wan't to discuss that with me there is the Ship Discussion Thread, and I'll try and let you know how I feel about the topic(s). Reading this thread offers me a very divergent prespective on the topic, one that I don't get from reading sort-of like minded posts on the Shipper Thread. I think it's important to understand opposing views so we can better understand our own stand on a topic.

Shadow I really like and agree with what you said in your post. It was... nice

Anyway, I'll return you too your regularly scheduled anti-ship
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            As long as folks are respectful of differring opinions when they post, they can read any threads that they want to. Maybe Eken is curious to get another take on the subject and is hoping to understand why anti-shippers (anti-ship folk... jeez, that's a headache) feel the way they do. No law against that. In fact, it should be encouraged.
                            I didn't mean it like that, I'd be more than happy if some shippers could post here to see their view of things.
                            I was just curious to see why she could be interested.

Actually, that's just your opinion, it isn't a fact. Granted, there do seem to be a lot of shippers around here, but this anti-ship thread is managing to do quite nicely anyway.
                            What I mean is that there many other SG sites out there, of any kind, so that's where I saw some of the things I was talking about, sorry I wasn't clear.

I post all over the place here and other than a few isolated places (like the "David DeLuise returns" thread I haven't noticed anything particularly offensive. But then, I don't venture into threads where I know folks will be saying things I don't like and I have some fairly clear ideas of what I consider "offensive"..
                            I admit my posts are a little bitter, after all that's why I'm posting in a anti thread instead of in a pro thread, and I'll try to tone it down.
                            But, the offensive posts I'm talking about are directed at other people that post, not characters.
                            It's not the first time that after I posted something here someone was rude with his answer and that's why I was complaining.
                            I posted in the thread about the O'Brien thing, and someone told me to eat my tongue.
                            That's not exactly polite in my opinion.

Comment

I posted in the thread about the O'Brien thing, and someone told me to eat my tongue.
                              That's when you bring the comment to the attention of the mods and have them decide what- if anything- should be done. Much as they may like to pretend sometimes, the mods are not omnipotent.

There's also the matter of context: what you said and how you said it, how the person read and interpreted what you said, and what that person said and how s/he meant it. Lots of room for error in a situation like that. I've been flamed before (not here) because people have misunderstood my admittedly warped sense of humor. I've also "attacked" folks for saying something I felt was wrong but which they intended to be flippant. It happens all the time, unfortunately. The key here is to not lay blame on any specific group and the feeling I got from your last post is that you were blaming shippers for saying nasty things. That's a generalization and worse, it's a one to which shippers cannot really reply because this is an anti ship thread. If that wasn't your intention, then I apologize, but as I said, that's the way I read your post.

Also, I don't know what the specific rules are, but I know that we aren't supposed to drag other forums into discussions such as this. "Well, Poster X said 'blah blah blah' over on Board Z!" isn't conducive to a good conversation especially since, again, the folks on Board Z will not, in general, be able to defend themselves here.

Besides, the attitudes of people on other boards doesn't matter as long as the folks HERE are (relatively) well-behaved.

As for getting back on topic... Does anyone think that the show would be significantly different without ship? I mean, other than character development have any actual plots been severely affected by the presence of ship? Wish I could think of an example... Maybe something to do with Lost City...? Carter's "dreams" in Grace would certainly have been different, but how so and would it have changed anything?

Comment

perhaps the thread title should be changed to How to consider other peoples feelings?

*sarcasm set to kill*

anyway to answer shadows question yes it would be significantly different, thoughi think it would be very bad and detrimentle to the show if the friendship elemant wasnt their after all this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X