No announcement yet.

Dr Janet Fraiser/Teryl Rothery Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aleca was kind enough to mention the Apogee of Western Civilization As We Know It (more commonly referred to as Rite of Passage). I'd run out of RoP screencaps {Gasp!}, so I quickly grabbed a few more. Here we have Janet & Sam with "this cake that Sam baked ..."
    Sam: [sheepishly] "Bought."
    Janet: [unflappable] "That Sam brought over here."

Oh, and *cough* the hands. *cough* {Whistles nonchalantly}

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Another crisis averted: this time in Singularity. TR & AT have extraordinary chemistry & it really shines in this tableau, especially since you can't see their faces, so their body language provides all the expression. What a great hurt/comfort moment this makes.

Comment

uhoh....the hands... can only look at their hands...
        Yeah, *that's* chemistry!!

Comment

Mais oui, la derriere de Teryl est vraiment belle and, yes, it's very hot in here, too. {fans self furiously} As for the legs ... and the see-through blouse: She's trying to kill us, isn't she? Don't tell me this woman doesn't know she drives people nuts.
          Firstly I think that she has already killed me over a zillion times, and secondly, yes, I think that she absolutely knows that she drives us raving mad... ! Elle a ce petit hummmpfff that makes my head spinning... god... Elle a un charisme fou !!!! Sono pazzesco di lei ! (je suis folle d'elle)

Speaking about fanfics, I wrote a couple on Sam/Jan, but they are in french, so here's the link for those who are interested...

État de Grace (State of Grace)

Meilleur que du chocolat (Better than chocolate)

And i'm about to publish 2 others wich are - Souviens-toi de moi (Remember me) and Y-a-t-il un docteur dans la place (Is there a doctor in the house)... These four stories are part of a series... Well, maybe I translate these someday...

Here other pictures of our adorable TR

Comment

Originally Posted by Carterslave

("Robot Becomes Doctor")

I saw Lexa at that Andromeda show in german tv and... well she looks good (not as good as our doc) and her skills as actress... well she looks good. I saw just a few episodes of Andromeda. I was not fascinate by that show.

Ok, I do not want to offend anyone and I'm certain Lexa is a nice person but who thinks she can replace Teryl?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olli
              I saw Lexa at that Andromeda show in german tv and... well she looks good (not as good as our doc) and her skills as actress... well she looks good.
              Bwah-ha-ha! And the less said of Andromeda, the better. There are several actresses who would do honor to the role of Janet's successor. I do not think Mrs. Shanks is among them. But TPTB seem to want somebody who will make the frat boys drool.
              Je ne suis pas heureuse.
              I wish my few remaining fragments of schoolboy French were adequate to reading Ever_Ready's short stories. The titles sound even lovelier in French than in English. Teryl would probably be thrilled to know that she is a protagonist of Romance-language literature now.
              Some of the early Stargate DVDs have a French-language track & I have to say they cast the voices perfectly. Squint just a bit & you can easily imagine Jean Seberg as Sam, Jean-Paul Belmondo as O'Neill, Jean-Louis Trintignant [sic?] as Daniel and perhaps Lino Ventura as Hammond. After all, the original Stargate film was a French-German picture that employed American talent. Small wonder the TV show is more popular in Europe than America. Why don't more Yanks embrace this wonderful series?
              Oh, we'd better have some thunk-related content:

... from S1. I never cared for this hairdo—and neither did the U.S. Airforce, which soon led to:

... the now-classic Fraiser look.

Comment

There are several actresses who would do honor to the role of Janet's successor. I do not think Mrs. Shanks is among them. But TPTB seem to want somebody who will make the frat boys drool.
                Some times ago I asked Joe Malozzi how many actresses were casted for the part of dr. lam. He answered that lexa was the one and only.
                sigpic

Comment

Some times ago I asked Joe Malozzi how many actresses were casted for the part of dr. lam. He answered that lexa was the one and only.
                  hey i like Fraiser too, but if TPTB aren’t going to bring her back then they aren’t, deal with it and move on and lexa is great
                  Last edited by Col. Newman; 06 July 2005, 02:47 AM.

Comment

And what if I do not to want move on? What if I want keep up my crush for Janet/Teryl and my opinion she should come back to the show?

In that case I'm narrow-minded, I was called in another thread. I'm one of "this" fanatic nerds.

I think I can live with that and sorry, but you have too.

By the way. Why should I move on? You can come back to my point of view but if you do not want this it is ok. I will not force people to change their mind.

And at last, I know that the chances for a recurring come back of Janet Fraiser are minor. If she comes back in one or two episodes this will be great. At the other site, why can Teryl Rothery not come back to the show in another role?

I think we should keep open our mind for all possibilities.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
                      hey i like Fraiser too, but if TPTB aren’t going to bring her back then they aren’t, deal with it and move on
                      Coming from a signatory of the Save Janet Fraiser petition, that's kinda rich.
                      and lexa is great
                      Meh. Not my type. The jury is still out on her acting, but her bimbo-rific costuming tends to confirm my worst fears since Dr. Andromeda's advent was announced.
                      And if I don't feel like 'getting with the program' as the show becomes more T&A-ized in S9, that's my prerogative. Dr. Fraiser was a great, steadfast & eloquent character—my favorite character on the series, in fact. I continue to mourn her absence, which has lessened the overall show (as did Don Davis' departure, but that's another discussion).
                      As for TPTB's choice of replacement: I say it's spinach & I say the heck with it. Granted, it would have been an enormous stretch to bring TR back (although I'm keep my fingers crossed for a guest shot ... or three), but since the role needed to be filled, somebody who could have carried on the Fraiser tradition would have been a nice gesture to Doc Janet's fans. I feel like we've been given the finger instead. But if eye candy is your bag, then Xmas just came early.

Here's who I won't be seeing in Burbank this weekend, darn it.

Comment

But if eye candy is your bag, then Xmas just came early.
                        A kick right in the butt. I like it because it is a little bit disturbing to justify myself for my "odd" opinion about Janet.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                          Coming from a signatory of the Save Janet Fraiser petition, that's kinda rich.
                          hey i would love to see Janet come back but i don't see TPTB doing that so i accept it

Comment

hey i would love to see Janet come back but i don't see TPTB doing that so i accept it
                            Why make they then such a secret about that "much-loved, sorely-missed character" who should come back in "Ripple Effect"? Which character could it be?
                            There are a lot of course, but it is absolutly and undoubtful impossible it could be Janet?
                            sigpic

Comment

Why make they then such a secret about that "much-loved, sorely-missed character" who should come back in "Ripple Effect"? Which character could it be?
                              There are a lot of course, but it is absolutly and undoubtful impossible it could be Janet?
                              yeah i meant come back permanently

Comment

yeah i meant come back permanently
                                I too.

It is improbable... but who knows...?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X