Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khonsu:

Only need to post for Kanan and Martouf/Lantash now - RogueDragon does the rest, right?

-Skadi
    sigpic
    Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Martouf/Lantash:

Spoiler:

Kanan pictures will probably be posted tomorrow (need to screencap Abyss - will do that tonight).

-Skadi
      sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Ahhh, too much pretty...my brain is melting, so I can't vote on any of the last few right now. Maybe later.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I like Malek 3,8,11.
          They really show is personality and strengths.

And sadly I agree, Sam/Jolinar shouldn't be in it. She wasn't a true Tok'ra, nor did she ever wanna be. Even if she did sympathize with them a bit.
          O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Looked at the pics that had been posted since last I checked - impressively many!

I like:

Korra: 2,3
            Selmak:3,6,10,15,16
            Aldwin:2,4,5
            Rosha/Jolinar:2
            Anise/Freya:6,7
            Delek:1,5
            Thoran:1
            Zarin:1,3
            Khonsu:3
            Martouf/Lantash:2,6,12,16,18,19

I never answered what I thought about Sam/Jolinar; I'm certain she would have joined the Tok'ra had Jolinar lived, so I think she should stay.
            sigpic
            button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

More nice pics!

My votes:

Thoran: 1, Zarin: 3, Khonsu:3, Martouf/Lantash: 6, 12, 16, 18

Regarding Sam/Jolinar: I think it's OK to leave her in, if nothing else then for some fun of the quiz, just as for Kanan and Tanith. I also think she would have ended up staying a Tok'ra, she seems devastated at the end of "In the Line of Fire" and she does say some things to that effect in Tok'ra I. I think she would make a great Tok'ra, and I would love seeing one of the parallel universes where she kept Jolinar.

However, if we take her out I think we should also consider taking out Kanan/Jack, as Jack is - oh, about a million times less likely to stay a Tok'ra than Ba'al is to become one! We should also take out Tanith, as he is not Tok'ra at all, but Goa'uld.

-Snotr
              sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
              (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
              Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Kanan:

Spoiler:

12. Doesn't really count, as it is in a - um...dehosted? state.

I'm tempted to agree with Snotr and take out Kanan, if only because the pictures I managed to screencap of him really suck. It's dark, and frankly, he looks like a big worm, and that is just not flattering

However, I think he makes for some fun and different answers to the quiz, so I don't know. One thing - no matter what we do about Kanan and Sam/Jolinar, I DON'T think we should take Tanith out, even if he is less Tok'ra than all the others, simply because the answers for him is FUN! -and that is important in a quiz.

-Skadi
                sigpic

Comment

Looking at the pictures of Kanan, again got me thinking about how different symbiotes look. Of course, humans doesn't look alike either, so why should symbiotes? Maybe they are affected by the human DNA the queens are including for compatibility

Anyway, I obsessed about the looks of symbiotes for a while, and spent some time looking for the different way they look. Here are some pictures:

Goa'uld:
                  Spoiler:

Amounet:

Unnamed Goa'uld symbiote:

Goa'uld kids (infants):

MRI of Kawalski symbiote:

MRI of Apophis:

Tok'ra:
                  Spoiler:

X-ray of Ocker:

Egeria:

Lantash:

Kanan:

Selmak:

They really look very different! Egeria looks different than everyone else, but that's OK since she is a queen. Kanan looks worm-like, and Selmak is small and pink. Lantash is grey/speckled, but otherwise he looks like the symbiotes we have seen before - long and with full fins. Ocker too has the fins, but he is shorter.

I wonder what these things are meant to symbolise? Individual differences? Age? (gets smaller and looses fins with age?) Do they grow back the fins/some of the length when they have been outside a host for a while or when they are in a host for a while and then leave it behind each time when changing host, for easier leaving? Would explain why Selmak and Kanan are smaller and with no fins (just left host) and why Ocker (still in host) and Lantash (been outside host for a while) are larger and have the fins/have grown them back. Ideas anyone?

Another thing is that the Tok'ra and the Goa'uld seem to blend differently? Compare X-ray of (dead) Ocker to MRI of Apophis and Kawalski's symbiote.

Also, Goa'uld seem to have red, somewhat glowy eyes and Tok'ra (Selmak and Lantash at any rate) to have pink/lilac colored eyes. Maybe it's because glowing red eyes are usually used to convey evil and Lantash and Selmak are good

That was my ramblings for today (Oh, and we forgot Ocker in our Tok'ra quiz list).

-Skadi
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                    However, if we take her out I think we should also consider taking out Kanan/Jack, as Jack is - oh, about a million times less likely to stay a Tok'ra than Ba'al is to become one! We should also take out Tanith, as he is not Tok'ra at all, but Goa'uld.

-Snotr
                    Hehe, funny you should mention Ba'al becoming Tok'ra...I've read a fanfic were Ba'al stops being a system lord and joins the Tok'ra because he is in love with Anise/Freya (and they with him). I don't remember what it's called or where I found it, but I would like to read it again. It was short or not completed. Does this ring a bell with anyone?
                    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Summary for Garshaw:

You are Garshaw of Belote/Yosuuf. You are an important Tok'ra and a high ranking member of the Tok'ra High Council. You are known as the most hunted Goa'uld of all time (though you DON'T like being called a Goa'uld, feeling it is a great insult), but you have successfully managed to avoid getting captured. The Tok'ra cause is of greatest importance to you and you are extremely protective of the Tok'ra. You were originally hesitant to ally with the Tau'ri, mainly because you consider them primitive and because they seemed repulsed by what the Tok'ra are. You have, however since changed your opinion and are now in favour of an alliance.
                      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

However, if we take her out I think we should also consider taking out Kanan/Jack, as Jack is - oh, about a million times less likely to stay a Tok'ra than Ba'al is to become one!
                        I read a really good fic where Jack became Tok'ra for a short time, unintentionally, like Sam and Jolinar. He let the symbiote stay for a couple months but eventually gave it up, of course. Pro-Tok'ra story, even if Jack's a jerk most of the time. http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/storie...annthropic.txt

Back to the topic, I don't mind Kanan in the test, because he's a Tok'ra symbiote even if we don't see him with a true Tok'ra host.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                          I read a really good fic where Jack became Tok'ra for a short time, unintentionally, like Sam and Jolinar. He let the symbiote stay for a couple months but eventually gave it up, of course. Pro-Tok'ra story, even if Jack's a jerk most of the time. http://sgnovels.shahrazad.net/storie...annthropic.txt

Back to the topic, I don't mind Kanan in the test, because he's a Tok'ra symbiote even if we don't see him with a true Tok'ra host.
                          Thanks - I'll read the story over the weekend. I really needed something nice to read there

By all means, lets keep Kanan in - he is a true Tok'ra, even if his host is not (I wonder if Jack could actually become/stay a Tok'ra? - pretty unlikely, but maybe, if the situation is right). Lets keep Sam/Jolinar and especially Tanith also - I loved the great answers nebulan had for him, and the quiz is meant to be funny also.

Voting for the Tok'ra pics I didn't vote for before (*moan* there are many to look through - and many of them are great).

Rosha: 2,3
                          Anise:5,7
                          Delek:1,5
                          Thoran:1
                          Zarin:1,2,3
                          Khonsu:3
                          Martouf:6,12,16,18,19
                          Kanan:4,5
                          sigpic

Comment

I've tried compiling the votes for the various pictures. Some of them has a clear winner, while others are undecided. If there are more that wishes to vote, then please do so - then maybe we can make a choice

In the following: picture number followed by votes/total votes in parenteses. Bold red for those that are clear which picture wins.

Malek: 11 (5/6) - 5 and 8 had many votes also
                            Egeria: 5 (5/5)
                            Sam/Jolinar: 16, 17, "extra picture" (3/4)
                            Jalen: 2 (2/3)
                            Garshaw: 4 (4/4) - 5 had 3 votes also
                            Korra: 3 (4/4)
                            Jacob/Selmak: 3 (4/4) - though many others had high votes too
                            Aldwin: 2, 8 (3/4)
                            Rosha/Jolinar: 2 (4/4) - 3 voted for 3 also
                            Anise/Freya: 7 (4/4) - 3 voted for 5 also
                            Delek: 5 (4/4) - 3 voted for 1 also
                            Thoran: 1 (4/4)
                            Zarin: 3 (4/4) - 3 voted for 1 also
                            Khonsu: 3 (4/4)
                            Martouf/Lantash: 6, 12, 16, 18 (4/4)
                            Kanan: 4, 5 (2/2)

So we need more votes at least for all those who have several with same amount of votes.

-Skadi
                            sigpic

Comment

Kanan pics # 4, 5, 8

If there are problems chosing between a few and there are some people who have voted, I suggest we let the person in charge of writing for that Tok'ra chose which of the popular pics to use.

-Snotr
                              sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
                              (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
                              Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Kanan pics # 4, 5, 8

If there are problems chosing between a few and there are some people who have voted, I suggest we let the person in charge of writing for that Tok'ra chose which of the popular pics to use.

-Snotr
                                That's a good idea - otherwise we will never get any pics chosen, lol

I like Kanan pics 4 and 5
                                sigpic
                                button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Working...
                                X