Tok'ra Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
    Regarding pictures. I have some of Delek, Anise/Freya, Martouf/Lantash, Rosha/Jolinar, Sam/Jolinar, and Egeria (either without host or in Kelmaa's host). I also have one of Kanan without host, but it's not a very good one. I have the episode on DVD, so I can maybe make a better screencap. I can probably also find pictures of Khonsu, Korra, Zarin, and Thoran. MerryK, do you have pictures of Jacob/Selmak or do you want me to look through mine?

That reminds me - what sort of pictures do we want? Full-figure of just head? How big pictures?

-Skadi
    Sounds great! I would appreciate it! Could you post a couple of them here to look at? Then maybe we can chose them together.

-Snotr
    sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
    (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
    Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Impressive guys! I only managed to get one written for Malek today. I will get the ones for Aldwin and Garshaw written tomorrow, hopefully. I would also like to see any pics you may have of them, Skadi.

On to the results for Malek:

You are Malek. You are an important Tok'ra who has had several dealings with the Tau'ri. You are a base commander, and as such one of the more influential members of the resistance. You are quite a determined and strong-willed Tok'ra, and does not have a great deal of patience with the Jaffa. You are willing to admit your errors and apologize, even to the Jaffa, something which is impressive given the past history of Jaffa and Tok'ra. You are a very loyal Tok'ra, completely devoted to the cause, and worried about the future of your people. You have some biochemical knowledge and are willing to help even people who has caused your kind great sufferings.
      sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Great results/answers everyone!

Skadi, I would be grateful if you would check if you have some useful pics of Thoran, Zarin, and Kanan. Don't know if we want Kanan's pic to be in host or without?
        sigpic
        button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

I love the one for Malek, I like him.

Think it would be too far fetched if they brough the Tok'ra in a few episodes of Stargate Atlantis. I think with all their medicing, technology and strategies they have learned they could help them in some way.
          Maybe I'm desperate, I love the Tok'ra.
          O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by Skadi View Post
            Regarding pictures. I have some of Delek, Anise/Freya, Martouf/Lantash, Rosha/Jolinar, Sam/Jolinar, and Egeria (either without host or in Kelmaa's host). I also have one of Kanan without host, but it's not a very good one. I have the episode on DVD, so I can maybe make a better screencap. I can probably also find pictures of Khonsu, Korra, Zarin, and Thoran. MerryK, do you have pictures of Jacob/Selmak or do you want me to look through mine?

That reminds me - what sort of pictures do we want? Full-figure of just head? How big pictures?

-Skadi
            I'm afraid I don't collect pictures, so if you have any, that'd be great. I think it'd be nice if they were head shots, not too large, because then we probably wouldn't have a hard time making them pretty uniform. Some of the Tok'ra don't have good full-figure shots, and if we make some of the pictures too large, it'd be obvious for some of the less important who don't have a large closeup.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
              I'm afraid I don't collect pictures, so if you have any, that'd be great. I think it'd be nice if they were head shots, not too large, because then we probably wouldn't have a hard time making them pretty uniform. Some of the Tok'ra don't have good full-figure shots, and if we make some of the pictures too large, it'd be obvious for some of the less important who don't have a large closeup.
              OK. I have some of Jacob/Selmak. I just need to dig them out

I will be cutting the pictures for mostly head shots then.

I will post them little by little (one Tok'ra at a time), as I need to cut/scale them.

What about Dr. Raleigh, Kelmaa, Per'sus, Ren'aul, Sina, Jalen, and Ta'seem. Do those that write for these have pictures of them? I know I have some for Kelmaa, and I think for Per'sus, but not for the others. I can probably get most of them, though, as I have seasons 1-9 on DVD.

-Skadi
              sigpic
              Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Malek. Which picture do people prefer?

-Skadi
                sigpic

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Egeria. Again, there are a few to chose from, but not as many as for the others. I thought about using the picture where she is in Kelmaa's host, but I'm not sure if that wouldn't be confusing, to have two pictures of the same person?

More Tok'ra pictures follow later today!

-Skadi
                  sigpic

Comment

I vote for #8 of Malek and #5 of Egeria.
                    sigpic
                    button and banner made by Luciana SAVE MARTOUF/LANTASH!

Comment

Pictures for Sam/Jolinar:

Spoiler:

-Skadi
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey all, sorry I've been out of it! I really do want to go through and read people's and give them suggestions. I really think we should gender neutralize our answers (use He/She/They (hey, it works!)). and get rid of specifics, the one that stuck out to me was the Lotar stuff, lol!

Have we decided if we're going to use an already built quiz system or build our own? here are my answers for Per'sus, Ren'aul, Jalen and Tanith, let me know if you think I should change anything, the funnier the options for Tanith the better! I wanted to re-watch enemies, summit, exodus, fail safe, and divide and conquer before answering these, but my computer with all the episodes on it crashed and all I have is this poor slow laptop!! so any help would be welcome

Spoiler:
                        1. Rumor has circulated that there is a Goa'uld Spy in your ranks. You are more likely to...

Jalen: Silently observe your fellow Tok'ra.
                        Per'sus: Suggest the Tok'ra submit to testing.
                        Ren'aul: Ensure that the most valuable information can only be accessed by the most trusted of Tok'ra.
                        Tanith: Whistle innocently.

2. News has come that SG1 is in trouble at the same time as there is a Goa'uld meeting. Simultaneously there is an innocent planet in line for destruction... you can only do one, which do you choose?

Jalen: If there are plenty of Tok'ra working on the Goa'uld and planet saving situations, I would like to see what I can do to help SG1.
                        Per'sus: Ensure that an operative is working on the Goa'uld sitation and then see what can be done for the planet. If available, a Tok'ra should be sent to help our Tau'ri allies.
                        Ren'aul: If someone is helping with the planet saving situation, I think I'd like to help take care of the Goa'uld meeting!
                        Tanith: Goa'uld meeting? Really? Can I attend?

3. You go to the SGC with intel about a new Goa'uld weapon that must be destroyed. Once there you...

Jalen: Tell them what you know, then hang out if they have any more questions.
                        Per'sus: Order some Tok'ra to help SG1 out.
                        Ren'aul: Give them some valuable resources and information, and then stand back and let SG1 do what they do best.
                        Tanith: Tell them misleading information which will likely get them killed.

4. You would define the relationship between the symbiote and the host as...

Jalen: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                        Per'sus: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                        Ren'aul: Tok'ra are loyal for life
                        Tanith: The host is just a tool to be used by the symbiote.

5. Which hobbies/interests do you have?

Jalen: Watching romantic comedies.
                        Per'sus: Making fun of Goa'uld politics with fellow Tok'ra.
                        Ren'aul: Reading romance novels.
                        Tanith: Plotting the destruction of the Jaffa, Tau'ri and T-... er, I mean petting kittens.

6. How do you feel about the Tau'ri?

Jalen: They seem pretty cool, I'll help them when I can.
                        Per'sus: An alliance with them would be beneficial in the fight against the Goa'uld.
                        Ren'aul: They seem pretty cool and I think we could work together to deal a deadly blow to the Goa'uld.
                        Tanith: They are a menace and should be eliminated!

7. If the tunnels were being attacked by the Goa'uld and you needed to evacuate NOW - what/who would you save first?

Jalen: As many people as possible.
                        Per'sus: As many of my fellow Tok'ra as possible.
                        Ren'aul: Valuable research.
                        Tanith: Myself.

8. If you could take some time off from fighting the Goa'uld, were would you go and what would you do?

Jalen: Alkesh joyriding.
                        Per'sus: Enjoy some one on one time with just my host and my symbiote learning more about galactic history.
                        Ren'aul: Attending informative scientific seminars.
                        Tanith: Try to kill off more treacherous Jaffa, Tau'ri and T-... er.. I mean under water basket weaving.

9. What are you looking for in a mate?

Jalen: Someone loyal and a good friend.
                        Per'sus: Someone who loves me for me and doesn't want to manipulate me.
                        Ren'aul: 6'6", dark hair and bright eyes. Either the host or the symbiote must know how to play and instrument.
                        Tanith: Someone in a high up position with the command of millions.

10. Assume that you are on a mission with the Tau'ri. You are all standing in a dark room, when you hear a strange noise, what do you do?

Jalen: Quietly listen to determine what is going on.
                        Per'sus: Demand that if anyone is there, that they identify themselves.
                        Ren'aul: Protect myself and any valuable information I may have.
                        Tanith: Shoot first, ask questions later.

11. You are on a mission with SG-1 and in order to get away safely, a technical problem needs to be solved...Samantha Carter is looking to you for scientific insights. What is your answer?

Jalen: Tell her what I know, which may not be very much.
                        Per'sus: Direct her to my Tok'ra who would better be able to assist her.
                        Ren'aul: Give her a long drawn out explanation.
                        Tanith: Make something up.

12. Would you rather follow orders or make them?

Jalen: Following is fine by me.
                        Per'sus: Make them
                        Ren'aul: Follow, unless it has to do with my research, then make them.
                        Tanith: Agree to follow orders and then go and do something completely different.

13. You meet someone who repeatedly called you a snakehead a year ago and never apologized. How do you react to them now?

Jalen: Smile and just take it.
                        Per'sus: In my position, I'm used to taking insults, but off the clock I can dish them out as well as I can take them in!
                        Ren'aul: Ignore it.
                        Tanith: Kill them. And then frame the guy in the cave next to me.

14. If you were in a situation where you desperately needed a host (you have important information for the Tok'ra), and no willing host was immediately available, but a potential host is close enough for you to grab. What would you do?

Jalen: Don't take the host.
                        Per'sus: Don't take the host, that would destroy who we are.
                        Ren'aul: Take the host, suppress them so they don't get the valuable information, relay the info and then immediately leave.
                        Tanith: Take the host whether they like it or not.

15. What would you consider to be perfect entertainment?

Jalen: Watching SG1 banter with each other.
                        Per'sus: Earth presidential debates, what a hoot!
                        Ren'aul: Discovery Channel.
                        Tanith: Jaffa and Tok'ra trying to kill each other.

16. How would you like to spend a date with a potential mate?

Jalen: Watching a meteor shower.
                        Per'sus: Cuddling on a sofa, no words have to be said.
                        Ren'aul: Playing a board game, like trivial pursuit.
                        Tanith: Seduce him/her into giving me valuable secrets.

17. How do you look on relationship commitment?

Jalen: For life.
                        Per'sus: If I find someone who likes me for me and not my position and is completely trustworthy, I will be loyal to her for life.
                        Ren'aul: For life.
                        Tanith: How does it benefit me?

18. You have been a loyal Tok'ra up ontil now. A Goa'uld system lord shows up and offers you a small planet, thousands of slaves, and rich naquadah mines if you will just betray the Tok'ra. What is your answer?

Jalen: Bluntly refuse, a Tok'ra cannot be bought.
                        Per'sus: Curse him for believing a Tok'ra capable of such betrayal!
                        Ren'aul: Utterly refuse and then gets what he really must be after..
                        Tanith: DEAL!

19. What do you think about the Tau'ri alliance?

Jalen: It could work, I'm willing to give it a shot.
                        Per'sus: We must both work to keep this alliance alive.
                        Ren'aul: They help me, I help them, works for me.
                        Tanith: The Tau'ri are pests!

20. What do you think about the Jaffa alliance?

Jalen: I've only met Teal'c... he seems trust worthy.
                        Per'sus: We must put our past differences behind us and work for a better future!
                        Ren'aul: I've only met Teal'c... he seems trust worthy.
                        Tanith: Jaffa are servants/slaves of the Goa'uld and should remain that way!

21. In what situations would your host or your symbiote be most likely to do all the talking?

Jalen: My host is shy, I keep trying to get him/her to talk, but mostly he/she just likes to fly the alkesh.
                        Per'sus: My symbiote has the stronger communication skills but my host is free to jump in when he/she needs to.
                        Ren'aul: My symbiote does most of the talking out of habit but he/she sure has a lot to say about the different tok'ra sporting leagues.
                        Tanith: This host is an idiot, he has nothing to say that doesn't compare to my superior knowledge.

But I do want to say this, I REALLY don't think that Sam/Jolinar should be included. The Jolinar part of the answers are probably going to be similar to the Rosha/Jolinar answers, and Sam is, in my opinion, no way shape or form a Tokra. She is a Tauri that was a temporary host to a Tok'ra. I think if they had stayed hosts they would have had to separate as soon as a new host was found because of their split loyalties. Sam is way too strongly connected to the SGC and the Tauri cause to run off and join the Tok'ra. The Tok'ra is as much as Cause as anything. Jacob joined the cause because it was something he was willing to do to be cured. Sam's cruciality to the safety of Earth was too great. Therefore I don't think Sam/Jolinar should be included. Besides, it conflicts with the SG1 questions.

Comment

I like 5, 7, and 11 of Malek, and 5 for Egeria too. And I agree that perhaps Sam/Jolinar should be removed for not being a real Tok'ra. (As an aside, since Sam was taken early in Season 2, I think she could have been won over to the Tok'ra side eventually, not having strong loyalties at that point IMHO.)

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                          ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                            I like 5, 7, and 11 of Malek, and 5 for Egeria too. And I agree that perhaps Sam/Jolinar should be removed for not being a real Tok'ra. (As an aside, since Sam was taken early in Season 2, I think she could have been won over to the Tok'ra side eventually, not having strong loyalties at that point IMHO.)
                            That's possible, I didn't think about that can you think of how different the universe would be if that had happened!

by the way, my sister has a million tok'ra pictures if anyone needs some.

as for my guys (don't worry, I'll crop them):
                            Spoiler:

or would this be a better Jalen?

Comment

Good to hear from you, nebulan - loved the answers for Tanith

Good pictures also - I think I like the second one for Jalen best, but I don't know how good it will become because it is smaller?

Regarding Sam/Jolinar - I have for some reason always though their personalities complemented each other well and that they in many areas are quite similar. I think Sam would have stayed a Tok'ra, had Jolinar not died - I think they would be great friends (OK, Jolinar is one of my favorite Tok'ras - I love her line about "My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra" - I would have loved to have her survive).

I can see why she might be difficult to fit in to the quiz, and if most people want her out of the quiz, then that is what we should do. I would still like her there, but then again, I would also have liked Saroosh/Selmak there

As for thetechnical details of the quiz; I tried making an account on quizilla (where the Tok'ra quiz I originally found was), but there is no way of letting two or more have the same answer, unless we write it twice or make slight variations of the answer. That just is not workable. I will take a look around and see if there are other online quiz-generators which would work for us.

I agree about us probably having to change to using he/she/they (or just use they?) since that would otherwise give some of the answer away. Let's do that.

-Skadi
                              Last edited by Skadi; 31 March 2008, 04:42 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Pictures for Garshaw:

More Tok'ra pictures tomorrow!

-Skadi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X