Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani347
    The only thing is, when it comes to Daniel, tptb lately have been good with the hurt, and putrid with the comfort.
    Oh absolutely, Evolution Part 2 anyway? Geez Jack, disinterested much?

Comment

What first made me like Daniel was his mind--I'm a sucker for the linguist-type. I love episodes where he gets to use his language skills (except that in those episodes where it's a real language, usually it's painfully obvious that MS has little experience with said language.. It's forgivable, though.).. Even though it was only one word, I liked in "1969" where his Russian skills only served to get them into more trouble. I love the linguistic aspect of Daniel.

But what really gets me is that combined with that intellectualism is a humanism that I think is pretty rare in such an educated person. I love that Daniel is so people-oriented. He's always the first one to introduce himself to strangers, and try to form connections. I love that he's as concerned about the people as with their cultural legacy, and that he's so loyal and compassionate. I thought "Beast of Burden" was a good show of this part of Daniel's character, and I especially liked the part when Jack and Daniel are imprisoned with the Unas, and Jack says something about not talking their way out of this one, to which Daniel replies, "For once, I'm not asking us to."

Comment

One subtle but wonderful moment I liked was in Crystal Skull, when the Giant Alien popped up. Jack and Sam jumped back, Nick stayed where he was but Daniel, Daniel moved towards it. To me that is the essense of Daniel Jackson, it's that sense of wanting to greet the unknown, of having the spirit of a true adventurer and discover.

Comment

I remember there was an explanation for Daniel not visiting Sam when he was ascended.
          I know that they probably couldn't do it because three episodes were too much(for them, not in my opinion), but I know there was a script scene where Daniel explained why he didn't visit her, then the scene was never filmed.
          Somebody knows what was in the script?

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany
            One subtle but wonderful moment I liked was in Crystal Skull, when the Giant Alien popped up. Jack and Sam jumped back, Nick stayed where he was but Daniel, Daniel moved towards it. To me that is the essense of Daniel Jackson, it's that sense of wanting to greet the unknown, of having the spirit of a true adventurer and discover.
            That's what I like about Daniel as well. That and his big heart. He's caring, sensitive. I love those aspects of him.

I sometimes wish they would write in a new love for him, but then I think no. I don't think he could love anyone else as much as he did for Sha're. She was his soulmate. I don't think anyone could truly replace her.
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany
              Another moment like that was Watergate, where Daniel puts his hands into the 'water' because he wants to let the aliens communicate with him.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Here we go. A place just to drool and thunk all over Daniel/MS. Just remember, just like in the RDA Thunk Thread, this is a PG Forum.

Now, where are all those pics of Daniel/MS for us to swoon all over????

sigpic

Comment

Here's ssome pics to get us started, gals!!

Last edited by DJFavorite; 28 May 2004, 10:14 AM.

sigpic

Comment

YES!!!! I was wondering if this thread existed!!! PG? oh, ok...
                    so, who else was drooling over MS's nice muscles in S7? I was!!!

am now looking for a pic from Chimera...the one where he's lifting weights...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                    ~Imzadi
                    describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                    Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by LtLisa
                      YES!!!! I was wondering if this thread existed!!!
                      I couldn't find one and couldn't wait any longer for someone else to create it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darklilac
                        I remember there was an explanation for Daniel not visiting Sam when he was ascended.
                        I know that they probably couldn't do it because three episodes were too much(for them, not in my opinion), but I know there was a script scene where Daniel explained why he didn't visit her, then the scene was never filmed.
                        Somebody knows what was in the script?
                        I don't know about an unfilmed scene, but it has never bothered me that Sam didn't get a visit from Daniel. She never *really* needed him in that whole year he was away, not like Jack and Teal'c did. Sam was in plenty of dangerous and upsetting and life-threatening situations, but never alone, always with at least some of the rest of SG-1, and always with a real hope of getting out of trouble. Jack's and Teal'c's experiences were real Long Dark Night Of The Soul stuff, and in each case Daniel's role was as much keeping them from having to face death alone as saving their lives.

If there had been a Daniel Returns ep for Sam as well it would have seemed contrived, as well as making Changeling and Abyss seem contrived. It would have felt like "Right, it's six eps since we had Daniel back, whose turn is it to get a visit from him? Sam, um, right... what rotten thing can we make befall Sam that Daniel can help her with?" BW and CJ have both said that they wrote Abyss and changeling at least partly to get MS back on set. But the great thing about both those eps was that neither of them *felt* like they had been written for that reason, each felt to me like a true masterpiece of storytelling which just happened to have my favourite guest-character in them

There's no doubt that I'd have wanted more of Daniel in s6, but retrospectively I can't think of a way to do it without detracting from the power and beauty and significance of Abyss and Changeling. Daniel's two fairly brief appearances were much more precious to me because of how sparingly he was used that year.

Jack and Teal'c were each in some way at their lowest ebb in years for those stories. To have Daniel be with them only at those moments, and then stay just longer than he needs to to say the farewells, but no longer, removes the question that would be asked if he were more interactive - 'Why couldn't Daniel have rescued them from Nirrti / Fixed the Prometheus / saved Khonsu etc etc ?"

But if there was a scripted bit that explains Daniel not visiting Sam I'd like to see it - and choose between thinking of it as 'unfilmed canon' or as something that never happened because if I didn't see it it didn't happen

Madeleine

Comment

and none of those shots show him with his glasses - I'm disappointed!

Comment

Hopefully this isn't too big, but it's the sexiest (imo) picture of him with glasses.

I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

*melts* Heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                                I couldn't find one and couldn't wait any longer for someone else to create it.
                                DJFavorite, I've merged your "Daniel/MS thunk thread" with this thread because the "Daniel Discussion" allows for all kinds of drooling over our favorite archeologist as well as for serious discussion about the character.

Have fun!

Feli
                                GateWorld Moderator

Comment

Working...
                                X