Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ayan
    i know in a lot of fics i read, he either swims alot to stay toned, or loves to go horseback riding... and he's almost always a good cook... although i see him as more of an artist, drawing still life and portraits
    I do, too. One of my friends wrote a nice AU fic that has Daniel, Jack, and Sam meeting each other for the first time when they're kids, and it sort of follows their lives separately here and there. They write to each other, and Daniel usually sends them drawings that are quite good (I think he sent Jack one of Hathor that creeped him out - LOL). If anyone's interested, the title is A Road Not Taken ... though there is some sam/daniel ship in it (not a whole lot though) so you might not be. But if you are let me know and I can give you the link.

Comment

Originally posted by LoopyMowse
      I just had a horrible thought; what would Kinsey be like as a prior? He was a bad Goa'uld (I can't remember did the character get killed off or not?)!

Daniel always seemed to recognise the bad guys in the first instance of meeting them didn't he, and acted very cute when snarky against them scuh as Kinsey in Politics and Maybourne in Enigma too!

It wasn't a surprise for me to watch Daniel speak his mind against any supporters of Ori, he never shies away from disagreements!
      Oooh, chilling!! We've seen him
      Spoiler:
      as a Goa'uld in Full Alert
      , I can just imagine that as a Prior it would be a lot worse.

I loved the way he acted toward them and he was really cute there I love the way he says to Kinsey "You're a fool" and then after he leaves, he says to Hammond that the "good Senator is an a$$." Yeah!

And when Maybourne said he was taken the Tollans away, the look on Daniel's face when he turned from the window.... if looks could kill! Wow...

Some of Daniel at his best. I loved how he got Omoc to trust him.

Comment

I thought after so many years being in the military program it would make sense Daniel learned skills such as weapon handling (which we have seen him operate on lots of occasions) and some basic flight training (just in case?)
        I'm not 100% certain but I *think* he has operated Goa'uld ships before, like the little cargo ones?
        He's good at learning new skills, I'm sure after all the years gating he probably knows dozens more languages by now!

I would think very cool to see a scene of Daniel operating one of the F302 gliders!
        Oh, definitely. I think there's a bit on him with weapon handling in the novel Sacrifice Moon (which takes place after The Enemy Within). In my friend's story, I think Daniel starts the flight training around S1...

I'm not too sure either... I just remember the Peltak Wiggle from Exodus

Comment

depends if you mind slash... All Daniel Fic.com has some wonderful fics of all genres, a few even include his love of music and his baby grand

i'd like to see him play with a butterfly knife.... i watched a flash of this chick doing it once and man was it hott
          I like that site. I have a few fics up there too *shamelesspromotion*cough*shamelesspromotion*

Comment

depends if you mind slash... All Daniel Fic.com has some wonderful fics of all genres, a few even include his love of music and his baby grand

i'd like to see him play with a butterfly knife.... i watched a flash of this chick doing it once and man was it hott
            I wondered if you were thinking of a particular story or author when you mentionned those hobbies
            what is a butterfly knife?

“it makes an interesting hula hoop” Mr Shanks’ opinion of the gate January 2004

Comment

Originally posted by JessM

: hmm... for some reason I'd say he'd like just plain cheese, or at least nothing overly spicy. (though I'd say Canadian Bacon as an in joke )

: maybe vegetables on hers?

: Hmm.. bacon?

: Sausage or buffalo chicken?

: Definitely spicy! If not buffalo chicken, then something with chili powder
              those are great ideas LOL I can see them trading slices too as the evening wore on...
              I've always thought of Daniel as adventurous person with food - or maybe that I've read in fics of him cooking recipes - that I associate Daniel with tasty meal choices

Comment

I do, too. One of my friends wrote a nice AU fic that has Daniel, Jack, and Sam meeting each other for the first time when they're kids, and it sort of follows their lives separately here and there. They write to each other, and Daniel usually sends them drawings that are quite good (I think he sent Jack one of Hathor that creeped him out - LOL). If anyone's interested, the title is A Road Not Taken ... though there is some sam/daniel ship in it (not a whole lot though) so you might not be. But if you are let me know and I can give you the link.

I've read most of that series. I know some chapters (maybe all?) are on Gateworld.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I love the way he says to Kinsey "You're a fool" and then after he leaves, he says to Hammond that the "good Senator is an a$$." Yeah!

And when Maybourne said he was taken the Tollans away, the look on Daniel's face when he turned from the window.... if looks could kill! Wow...

Some of Daniel at his best. I loved how he got Omoc to trust him.
                  Daniel has a sharp wit and tongue, I thought he could be a good lawyer!

Comment

I'm not too sure either... I just remember the Peltak Wiggle from Exodus
                    I do too!
                    *swoons with memory*

Comment

I wondered if you were thinking of a particular story or author when you mentionned those hobbies
                      what is a butterfly knife?
                      Butterfly Knives.... which btw, i want one of these...
                      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                      sigpic

Comment

Butterfly Knives.... which btw, i want one of these...
                        thanks but what are they used for? What specific food preparation are they invented for? Sorry if it's a silly query but I've never heard of them before.

I'll try to find out tomorrow as now is my log off time

Comment

Didn't Daniel have a collection of swords? I thought that was interesting, because I also have a collection myself.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

thanks but what are they used for? What specific food preparation are they invented for? Sorry if it's a silly query but I've never heard of them before.

I'll try to find out tomorrow as now is my log off time
                            they were invented to be used as weapons, not food prep....

i had a friend who had a collection of swords.... he had a very interesting psychic accurance with them once, almost killed his dad...
                            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

Is there a hobby, sport or activity people would love to see Daniel doing, even if it's something considered maybe not his nature? Something completely wild?
                              I could see him bungee jumping or sky diving, lol, I know it sounds funny but a lot of the academic types (which Daniel strikes me as), that I know love it.

Comment

Daniel, the academic type? Why would he strike you as that sort?
                                Well, I'm an academic sort myself, and I'd like to go bungee jumping. At any rate, I don't have a preference, if you will. Certainly, I don't care to see Daniel do anything he'd prefer not to. He can do anything he wants and I'm happy.
                                Daniel has a sharp wit and tongue, I thought he could be a good lawyer!
                                No, Daniel would make a terrible lawyer. He has a conscience.

Comment

Working...
                                X