Daniel Jackson Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani347
    I hope not. I've had my fill of ship. (Hey, lets see if a show can survive a season without any ship) Plus it's so cliche... I like seeing Daniel get angry and flustered.
    I agree. But, let's hope the writers agree as well. Daniel and Vala have a great dynamic as it stands, and Daniel's expressions and remarks when he is annoyed are great.

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
    Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
    (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

the show so far is heading in a Daniel/Vala ship and a Mitchell/Lam ship.... which i find very ironic.... it seems the actors have decided to trade spouces
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Only, Claudia and Ben aren't married...
        Originally posted by jerin
        I agree. I wanna be Sha'uri, before she becomes a host. Remember the yummy kiss from the pilot?
        I have an animated card of that. *sighs*
        Yes, though, Daniel deserves someone who'll give him the love and respect he deserves!

Comment

Originally posted by I love Daniel!
          Only, Claudia and Ben aren't married...
          i thought they were
          sigpic

Comment

Their Farscape characters were (I think? They had a baby...) MS and LD are married in real life.
            gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

yea, well i knew that! but i thought BB and CB were married in real life too...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
                MS and LD are married in real life.
                I think it's interesting that both of MS's off-screen relationships were on-screen relationships as well. It's very ironic. (He had a daughter with Vaitiare Bandera, who played Sha're)

Lt. Colonel Jason Richardson/Major Jen Stevens Shipper
                Lt. Colonel Jim Anderson/Major Kate Howard Shipper

"Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam." -Gaelic Proverb
                (A country without a language, a country without a soul.)

~RockinHobbit (MySpace)

Comment

Re: Daniel and Vala...

For me, it's a bit of a tricky situation. See, normally I hate onscreen ship, because the Stargate writers have done such horrendous jobs with ship in the past. But in this case...

Do I see chemistry? Oh boy, yes.

Do I see unresolved sexual tension? Yes.

Do I enjoy seeing unresolved sexual tension? In this case, you betcha.

Do I want to see the sexual tension resolved? Not particularly. Anti-ship sentiment aside, it would cheapen Vala, it would really cheapen Daniel, it would ultimately be self-destructive, and an established relationship couldn't possibly be as much fun to watch as the sparks flying between them right now!

I do believe that it would cheapen Daniel, though, if he gave in. It's a matter of principle. And Daniel is nothing if not principled.

Re: his general attitude: He's always been sarcastic. One of my favorite lines from the movie is (paraphrased) "Sandstorm, heading this way." "Well, that would have been an excellent reason to shoot everyone." He's actually much better (more intelligent, less Jack-at-his-worst-like) in Season 9 than he was in Season 8 ("sort of a guango?" GAH!)

He also seems much more alive in Season 9 than in Season 8, and actually, a lot of that has to do with Vala. He also gets excited about things again. And he shows signs once again of being the caring, compassionate, principled man I fell in love with in Seasons 1-5. I'd really missed that.
                  Last edited by Katerine; 09 November 2005, 09:48 PM.

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Katerine
                    Do I want to see the sexual tension resolved? Not particularly. Anti-ship sentiment aside, it would cheapen Vala, it would really cheapen Daniel, it would ultimately be self-destructive, and an established relationship couldn't possibly be as much fun to watch as the sparks flying between them right now!
                    indeed, but it would be nice to see them settle down eventually... like in five years from now
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm not so sure Vala knows how to settle down.

Comment

yes, but Daniel would be able to break her in... remember how cold-hearted Jack used to be? ((mostly in the movie...))
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't want any ship. I think their relationship can develop without ship. I also don't think either one wants it. Vala flirts with anything that moves, and while I think she likes Daniel (her actions in The Ties that Bind at the hearing were because she was miffed that Daniel had gotten insulted) it's more as a playmate/friend. I don't see that she's wanting a long term relationship with him, and a roll in the hay (which I don't think she'd be opposed to) just isn't satisfactory. I don't want this to turn into a long drawn out "when are they going to get together!" ending in a cliche wedding (or equivalent storyline) or for it all to come down to one moment. So, my vote, no ship. Let Vala stay as a part antognist, part friend. Daniel has never had to deal with anyone like her. It's unique for him. Lets keep the relationship unique instead of falling into the old ship trap.

(Besides, I don't think tptb can write ship)
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                            (Besides, I don't think tptb can write ship)
                            agreed... if they knew what they were doing, then Sam and Jack wouldn't have tangoed as long as they did without finding a way... heck, they should've been married by now!! not that i'm pro sam/jack ship or anything, but seriously....
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, Jack was Sam's superior officer, obviously, and romance between a higher up and a subordinate is quite frowned upon in the military. I'm sure they both wanted to respect that, but I think TPTB are mainly toying because so many people do want to see them together, including myself.

Getting back to Daniel and Vala: I definitely do not want to see them together; for one thing, I'd really rather not have Vala be a regular on the show, and more importantly, even if Vala's finally managed to acquire a heart, she'll never have the sort of personality which is truly attractive to Daniel. A Daniel and Vala relationship is simply not believable to me, at all.
                              Last edited by 1DanielForMe; 23 November 2005, 04:22 AM.

Comment

actually, i think Vala's personaility compliments Daniel well.... i too would like to see her as a reg. while she was on the show, i missed Jack a little less, not that anyone could replace Jack, but she did a better job than Mitchell....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X