Ba'al /Cliff Simon Thunk,Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    Ahhh...the smirk.... (swooooooooooooons).
    Can't get enough of that smirk.
    *swoons with you*

He's a smug bast*rd, that Ba'al. And we love him anyway.

Comment

oh indeed.....

and those pics... i won't be missing the auction this year

*thunk*

Comment

Is it just me, or is Ba'al one of the few go'auld characters whose voice is not "flanged" as much as some of the others? I think that Cliff has such a wonderful accent and powerful voice that he doesn't need the extra strengthening the "flange" effect supplies as much as some of the "lesser gods" with weaker vocal skills. What does everyone else think?

Comment

i dunno... whatever they do to his voice though.... *thunk*

Comment

I think David said that Cliff has such a powerful voice it doesn't need to be flanged (although it is). I'll have to ask him...

Comment

i have heard that also... don't remember who from, but i remember hearing that same thing

Comment

Hmmm. You know, Martin Wood said something about this during the 'Abyss'- Audio Commentary.

*gets DVD and looks it up*

Here goes:
                "Cliff's voice works really well - with the flange - beacause, it's just thin enough. It gives you a lot of room to move in and so it makes him that much more powerful."

May I suggest you go and check for yourselves? There's a video on this site, entitled 'A little Christmas-Greeting from our stars from GCC 04'.

*wanders off grinning*

Comment

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts in this thread - what caught my eye was the great baal/sam pic and may I say, what an excellent idea for a "pairing" .... if anyone dares to take the challenge and write a baal/sam story for us .... I'd make it a double dare, if it would help get results

Comment

lol.... that would be an interesting read

Comment

Originally posted by Merrin_Delaney
                      Hmmm. You know, Martin Wood said something about this during the 'Abyss'- Audio Commentary.

*gets DVD and looks it up*

Here goes:
                      "Cliff's voice works really well - with the flange - beacause, it's just thin enough. It gives you a lot of room to move in and so it makes him that much more powerful."
                      I also liked the bit about Ba'al's smile.

May I suggest you go and check for yourselves? There's a video on this site, entitled 'A little Christmas-Greeting from our stars from GCC 04'.

*wanders off grinning*
                      *sob sob sob* I can't open that site. Is this vid downloadable from anywhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                        I also liked the bit about Ba'al's smile.
                        *nodnod* Had me sqeeing with fangirlish delight

*sob sob sob* I can't open that site. Is this vid downloadable from anywhere else?
                        I'm working on it. Will send you the link shortly. Should anybody else get this error, just drop me a line

Comment

Thought he was great in Reckoning Part 1 and 2, really like when him and jack talk to each other, very very funny

Comment

Originally posted by Merrin_Delaney
                            *nodnod* Had me sqeeing with fangirlish delight
                            I also squeed in a very girlish way. I thought the audio commentary had way too much info about the revolving set and not enough about Ba'al.

I'm working on it. Will send you the link shortly. Should anybody else get this error, just drop me a line
                            Have received, have watched. He's so nice! And sexy! And luffly! Many grateful and grovelling thanks. And just like Ba'al, I (also) want that coat he's wearing...

Comment

You're quite welcome

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                              I also squeed in a very girlish way. I thought the audio commentary had way too much info about the revolving set and not enough about Ba'al.
                              Oh, I KNOW! It was an interesting (and pretty) set and I realize all that stuff must have been very important to them, but...but.. BA'AL! I mean, he's torturing Jack and they talk about camera angles. ...Priorities, people!

*is looking forward to 'Reckoning' on DVD*

Comment

Oh my goodness!!!!

I come back to the dungeon and it's been redeocrated with all these pics...

and those german city con pics....

Oh my!

Why on earth did I move to AUstralia/??

I should be living in germany!!

I guess if the actors don't speak the language, they make contact in more creative ways!!

Anybody think Baal would have made a great addition to Manpower?

Comment

Working...
                                X