X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=emily_reich]does anyone else love how he says "replicators"
    just rewatched reckoning and had to say that
    QUOTE]

YES, I do! There can never be enough of Lord Ba'al in any episode to suit ME.
    And, besides the delicious accent and the fabulous fashion sense, Ba'al displays a remarkable
    talent for expressing the utter contempt he feels towards his enemies with just a look.
    No one raises an eyebrow or curls a lip with so much unspoken disdain as Ba'al.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh

The first one is by Jennifer Renner from the Our Stargate Discussion Forum

And the second one I read was from Michael Shanks Online.

Enjoy.
      Thank you!

They were great!

Now why o why can't cliff come to a convention near me?

The ultimate convention for my tastes would have cliff simon, david hewlett, joe flanigan, michael shanks, paul mcgillion, Jr bourne, peter deluise and martin wood.

Not that I wouldn't mind all the otherguys but these are top of my list

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat

[center]YES, I do! There can never be enough of Lord Ba'al in any episode to suit ME.
        And, besides the delicious accent and the fabulous fashion sense, Ba'al displays a remarkable
        talent for expressing the utter contempt he feels towards his enemies with just a look.
        No one raises an eyebrow or curls a lip with so much unspoken disdain as Ba'al.
        The fun thing is, if you ever get to see Cliff "live", you'll notice that he does that naturally...I guess it has soemthing to do with his training as a dancer (no, not *that* ! ) -he's *very* expressive!

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
        ~CELLO!~
        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by neith4
          Yes I really truly enjoyed Reckoning and Cliff Simon's performance was one of the reasons why!

I do wonder if the man is owned by cats though as he's really got the whole superior feline teasing of lesser beings thing down pat!!!
          Uh, I guess then I'm surrounded by ten little Ba'als in my home.....

~CELLO!~

Comment

No. 2 post woot.

baal is my favourite bad guy, with his cool south african accent, he totally rocks the scenes. I hope he never gets killed off, he rocks so much it aint funny. None of this "half-ascended" crap, he could take you out one-on-one. Hardcore bad guy, like the old school action hero badguys, who have to be taken out really badly for them to get killed.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

I did indeed enjoy Reckoning last night. No complaints where Baal is concerned, except maybe "more, please!" He DOES have a wonderfully expressive face. And that one scene with the eyebrow twitch was made even better with the slight rolling of his eyes. And that sneer... and that voice... and his coat/cloak thingy. *sigh* Betcha it's really really heavy, too. Helps give Baal that slight air of impatience.

Would LOVE to meet Cliff in person. Stupid PTB telling him he can't go to the Southern IL gathering...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I did indeed enjoy Reckoning last night. No complaints where Baal is concerned, except maybe "more, please!" He DOES have a wonderfully expressive face. And that one scene with the eyebrow twitch was made even better with the slight rolling of his eyes. And that sneer... and that voice... and his coat/cloak thingy. *sigh* Betcha it's really really heavy, too. Helps give Baal that slight air of impatience.

Would LOVE to meet Cliff in person. Stupid PTB telling him he can't go to the Southern IL gathering...
                What?? The PTB said he couldn't go???

That's heinous

I thought it was just bad timing or something...

Reckoning
                Spoiler:
                But yes Baal is a big drawcard for Reckoning. There were definitely some interesting scenes between him and Sam...not sure what was going on there .

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh

The first one is by Jennifer Renner from the Our Stargate Discussion Forum

And the second one I read was from Michael Shanks Online.

Enjoy.

Don't suppose anybody knows if the videos used at the beginning of the con are available anywhere on the web to download??

From the sounds of it they were worth a look...

Comment

HA! Found David's comment about Cliff's voice.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=102

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                      Reckoning
                      Spoiler:
                      But yes Baal is a big drawcard for Reckoning. There were definitely some interesting scenes between him and Sam...not sure what was going on there .
                      Don't get me started

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        HA! Found David's comment about Cliff's voice.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=102
                        David's comments confirm everything I felt while listening to Cliff speak! I am also duly impressed that you took the time to find the indisputable answer to my original query. I bow to your diligence and utter perfection, Shadow!

Comment

Originally posted by Merrin_Delaney
                          Don't get me started
                          Well, *I* noticed that, too....my fiance did...

Must be something there....

btw, I loved your video!

~CELLO!~

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                            David's comments confirm everything I felt while listening to Cliff speak! I am also duly impressed that you took the time to find the indisputable answer to my original query. I bow to your diligence and utter perfection, Shadow!
                            Couldn't have worded that in a better way!

That voice...I almost didn't notice at the convention that it *wasn't* flanged!

~CELLO!~

Comment

Wasn't Ba'al fabulous in Reckoning I last night? The scene where he cocks his eyebrow is one of my favorites in the whole episode. And he only gets better next week in Reckoning II.

So his voice is sexy even without the flanging - good to know.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

reckoning was very enjoyable to watch ...

Ba'al has the most perfect beard ... something which as a guy i am enviouse of ... lol

ok i was a bit bored and thought i'd google ba'al ...

i take it this is what he is based on ...

Baal (bā'əl) , plural Baalim (bā'əlĭm) [Semitic,=master, lord], name used throughout the Bible for the chief deity or for deities of Canaan. The term was originally an epithet applied to the storm god Hadad. Technically, Baal was subordinate to El. Baal is attested in the Ebla texts (first half of 2d millennium B.C.). By the time of the Ugarit tablets (14th cent. B.C.), Baal had become the ruler of the universe. The Ugarit tablets make him chief of the Canaanite pantheon. He is the source of life and fertility, the mightiest hero, the lord of war, and the defeater of the god Yam. There were many temples of Baal in Canaan, and the name Baal was often added to that of a locality, e.g., Baal-peor, Baal-hazor, Baal-hermon. The Baal cult penetrated Israel and at times led to syncretism. In the Psalms, Yahweh is depicted as Baal and his dwelling is on Mt. Zaphon (Zion), the locale of Baal in Canaanite mythology. The practice of sacred prostitution seems to have been associated with the worship of Baal in Palestine and the cult was vehemently denounced by the prophets, especially Hosea and Jeremiah. The abhorrence in which the cult was held probably explains the substitution of Ish-bosheth for Esh-baal, of Jerubbesheth for Jerubbaal (a name of Gideon), and of Mephibosheth for Merib-baal. The substituted term probably means “shame.” The same abhorrence is evident the use of the pejorative name Baal-zebub (see also Satan). The Baal of 1 Chronicles is probably the same as Ramah 2. As cognates of Baal in other Semitic languages there are Bel (in Babylonian religion) and the last elements in the Tyrian names Jezebel, Hasdrubal, and Hannibal.

Comment

Working...
                                X