• Show
Clear All

And before I forget...

Congrats Strix on 300 posts!!!

Congrats Lida on 1500 posts!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      Okay… here’s a pic to caption:

In a similar vein to Myrth's earlier caption...

Jack (thinks): For crying out loud Carter, I don't think you're supposed to wear them like that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        Citizens of Samanda:

There is good news tonight for those of us who are convention-attendance challenged.

Thanks for the links and congrats on 800 posts! I tried to give you rep points, but gateworld won't let me. Grrr!

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
        Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Dunno where to post this question (I've asked on another thread and no one replied). Anyway, I can't access the sg-1 fan awards(www.sg1-awards.com) and I want to see who is nominated for 2005 and read those I haven't read before. Everytime I try it comes up that it can't be found. Tried at a library yesterday and no luck there either. Has anyone else had a problem? Would really appreciate some help.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            ROFL! I just can't stop wondering what exactly it was that RDA was looking at in this scene, because it really does look like he's checking Amanda out. Hmm, maybe someone had put a 'cake inside' sign on her backpack.
            I'm cracking up!

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
              Hey Atteria, I'll add you to the list of people who are currently in my thoughts and prayers. And believe me, you're not alone - my father's been waiting months for surgery, and is finally due to go "under the knife" tomorrow (26th July).
              Dear Atteria,
              You're definitely in our thoughts and prayers. Get better soon, dear!

Comment

Thank you so much, Lida. It's only relatively minor surgery (hip replacement), but as he's almost 82 I can't help but worry whether his system will be able to handle it.

And you're right - we need our Royal Baker back in the kitchens as soon as possible, otherwise we'll all be wasting away.

There's just far too much RL going on at the moment...
                1speed,
                Your dad's also in our thoughts and prayers. It's very difficult to watch a parent being sick. As kids, we think of them as all powerful. This is not something anyone enjoys. Sending you big hugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                  Dunno where to post this question (I've asked on another thread and no one replied). Anyway, I can't access the sg-1 fan awards(www.sg1-awards.com) and I want to see who is nominated for 2005 and read those I haven't read before. Everytime I try it comes up that it can't be found. Tried at a library yesterday and no luck there either. Has anyone else had a problem? Would really appreciate some help.

Hey Gatetrixer,

I believe Skydiver posted something about this in the Off-topic section of Gateworld. I believe she said the site was having issues with a virus or something like that and that they were trying to get a ghost site up and running soon. Sky posted a list of many of the stories that have been nominated. I don't know exactly what thread I read this in. I'll have to look around a bit, or maybe if Sky pops in she can direct you to the thread.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
                  Kat

Comment

Congratulations, Strix_varia, on 300 posts!
                    Congratulations, Lida, on 1,500 posts!

Welcome, Billie!

It's high time you started spending time here too!
                    Welcome back, Simhavaktra!
                    Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Well we were frying bacon and eggs today it was 108 out when I left for my gig at 3:00pm this afternoon and the hall we were playing in the A/C was broken. It was so hot inside. On the plus side one of the guys that is always giving me a hard time about being from the South and joking with me about my accent just returned from a bussiness trip to Atlanta and while he was there he found my favorite snack at Wal-Mart and brought some back for me - "Boiled Peanuts" - I was doing a happy dance - so I came home heated them up put in a Stargate SG1 DVD - Turned the A/C on - Life is Good!
                    Boiled peanuts! You are a Southern girl, tsaxlady! And you trumped me on the temp! But is the humidity in California as bad as it is in the South?

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    First I want to say that I have ordered this issue of TVZone because I would like to see what else AT had to say.
                    But if she is positive about how things are going to work out with the team geting back together that makes me feel good as well. AT is not one that usually puts a spin on things unless that is the way she feels. She tends to be pretty honest about how she feels about how she feels they are writing the character of Sam. So I think this just confirms the feeling I was getting that we have good things to come.
                    I agree. Amanda is a pretty accurate barometer, and tries to be positive about work without saying things with which she doesn't agree!

Finally, Atteria, 1speed4sam, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you're also being remembered by many other Samandans. Good wishes that it all works out fine!

Comment

I know this is kinda OT, but i thought it would be a good place for me to rant and vent, since only SG1 fans would really understand. I was trying to make my sister's DVD player work ALL WEEKEND (that she lent me to watch SG1 episodes). My sister's not the most tech-savvy, so she gave me the player w/out the manual or the remote. When I finally got it to work, I dropped it and now the dvd tray is stuck. (It took me a while to finally get the episodes themselves, waiting on the waiting list in the public library and then giving up and joining netflix.) Oye! I was looking forward to watching the episodes for weeks now. The cost of fixing the dvd player aside, I just feel so frustrated. I cleared my whole weekend cuz I wanted to catch up on sg-1. (I only started watching it last season.) Feeling really annoyed, I finally just took a nap and then played w/ my niece to feel better. Thank God for cute babies!

Sorry about the ranting. I just had to share.

Comment

Welcome to Samanda, Billie. Hope all is well with you down in The Smoke.
                        Thanks! Things are good in the smoke, hows things in the Pool?

Just watched Grace on SkyMix and once again had to marvel at how totally fab AT is. Have to admit that I do have a tendency to emulate Sam at work to a certain extent, not her million point IQ obviously coz I struggle with the newspaper crossword! but her kick a$$ action chick thing that she has going on. Must say though that her uniform is wayyyyy cooler than what I have to wear!

Note to self...must chat to the Commissioner about a fashion revamp for the Met!!

Comment

In a similar vein to Myrth's earlier caption...

Jack (thinks): For crying out loud Carter, I don't think you're supposed to wear them like that!!!
                          ROFL!!

Comment

Here's a post about the 2006 Stargate SG-1 calendar. Notice who is front and center. They do say the cover may change, but hopefully not the placement of one who is near and dear to us!

2006 Calendar

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Hey Gatetrixer,

I believe Skydiver posted something about this in the Off-topic section of Gateworld. I believe she said the site was having issues with a virus or something like that and that they were trying to get a ghost site up and running soon. Sky posted a list of many of the stories that have been nominated. I don't know exactly what thread I read this in. I'll have to look around a bit, or maybe if Sky pops in she can direct you to the thread.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
                              Kat

Thank you so much. At least some idea of what's happening, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                                Thanks! Things are good in the smoke, hows things in the Pool?

Just watched Grace on SkyMix and once again had to marvel at how totally fab AT is. Have to admit that I do have a tendency to emulate Sam at work to a certain extent, not her million point IQ obviously coz I struggle with the newspaper crossword! but her kick a$$ action chick thing that she has going on. Must say though that her uniform is wayyyyy cooler than what I have to wear!

Note to self...must chat to the Commissioner about a fashion revamp for the Met!!
                                So, what do you do, Billie? Just curious... kick a$$ action chicks rock!

Hugs,
                                Strix

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X