Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Hope everyone who posts/reads/lurks in Samanda from London are okay
    I'll second that concern. Our thoughts are with you.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Okie dokie campers. Well that settles it for me....

I hereby nominate JOE MALLOZZI for the position of ROYAL MINISTER OF MISINFORMATION for all of Samanda.

What say ye?

I agree!
      sigpic

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with all those in London.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Thanks Agent
          I've just found out my sister is okay. She commutes into london on the tube
          sounds like tens of people may have been killed. Things are sombre here at the moment!
          I'm glad to know that your sister is okay Coley.
          All my thoughts to British posters and their family and relatives.
          I know what it is this fear of terrorist attacks and I wouldn't like to relive it. Again, all my sympathy to the London citizens.
          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            Thanks Agent
            I've just found out my sister is okay. She commutes into london on the tube
            sounds like tens of people may have been killed. Things are sombre here at the moment!
            I'm so relieved to hear that.

Comment

As are mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                Hope everyone who posts/reads/lurks in Samanda from London are okay

Police has just confirmed 150 seriously injured in the blasts and several deaths but no numbers confirmed yet. Just updating, unoficially they are saying around 40 dead over 1000 walking wounded.It's crazy.
                Last edited by jafacakes; 07 July 2005, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Ok, I know we still have another week until the new season starts, but I would just like to ask one question...

What's up with the lovefest that SciFi seems to have with Ben Browder?
                  it's really very simple. he's the new leading man. he's who they hope will carry the show for a few more years. they HAVE to promote him. i mean, face it, amanda may decide that she wants to have another baby or to have time with Olivia. not to mention the fact that the lovely folks at skiffy don't believe that a wee widdle woman can lead
                  daniel and teal'c can't lead the team. sg1 is a military team and there's no way in netu that a civilian or alien will be the leader.
                  ben is thier new golden boy. he's thier rda. he's the name they'll throw around to try and draw a new fanbase to the show.
                  remember the first 5 seasons? How much of the action focused on and around Jack? That's what they'll do with ben. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't even have him on a 2-4 year contract or optioned contract, just in case.

i do think it's more scifi than it is bridge. I harken back to s7 and the return of daniel. everyone remember that? all teh folks that had been there all along and worked thier tushes off got ignored to promote the return of the prodigal son.

this'll be the same thing
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

yes, my sincerest best wishes and sympathies and all that to all the folks in the uk.

what a horrific start to the day

sigpic

Comment

On a lighter note, I’m watching the SG-1 marathon and New Order is on, and it reminded me of how much I absolutely loved this scene between Sam and Teal’c. And there is a message in here for all of us today - try to stay positive.

Sam: Hey, Teal’c. Can I get you anything? I packed lots of turkey – I know it’s your favourite.
                      Teal’c: Thank you, but I am not currently hungry. Have you been able to determine how O’Neill modified the engines?
                      Sam: No. I’m just taking a break. I didn’t think it would be easy, but at least it’s a good way to pass the time. I’m sorry – have I been ignoring you?
                      Teal’c : I am fine.
                      Sam: I thought maybe working on the engines would help take my mind off Colonel O’Neill ... which is kinda silly considering he’s the one who modified them. Look, I know this plan isn’t exactly foolproof. I have never plotted an intergalactic course before. I mean, if the co-ordinates are off by even one half of a percent we could wind up ten thousand light years from our destination. But still, tryin’ to stay positive.
                      Teal’c: I have the utmost confidence in your ability.
                      Sam: I know. So, you wanna talk?
                      Teal’c: Concerning what subject?
                      Sam: I dunno. How’s Rya’c?
                      Teal’c: Fine.
                      Sam: You still keeping in touch with Ishta?
                      Teal’c: Indeed.
                      Sam: Bra’tac?
                      Teal’c: Bra’tac is well.
                      Sam: C’mon, Teal’c, throw me a bone here!
                      Teal’c: How is Pete Shanahan?
                      Sam: He’s fine.
                      Teal’c: Is not all well between the two of you?
                      Sam: No! Everything’s great. It’s just – as you well know – it’s not easy saying goodbye to someone you care about when you think there’s a chance you may never see them again. I know that’s a risk we take every time we step through the Stargate but ... still ... try to stay positive. I’ll get you a sandwich.

And from later in the episode, this one’s for Sky.

NC

Comment

This is OT, but when I turned on the TV this morning and heard the news from London, I immediately thought of all of our Samandans in the U. K. I just arrived at the office, and wanted to log in briefly to see how you are. I'm sure I speak for everyone on this side of the pond when I say our prayers are with you.....and I hope you will all check in today to let us know that you and yours are ok!

I guess if we decide we want to talk about this today, Sky will want us to start a new thread.....right, Sky? But I guess we'll see where the day leads us. Take care!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          This is OT, but when I turned on the TV this morning and heard the news from London, I immediately thought of all of our Samandans in the U. K. I just arrived at the office, and wanted to log in briefly to see how you are. I'm sure I speak for everyone on this side of the pond when I say our prayers are with you.....and I hope you will all check in today to let us know that you and yours are ok!

I guess if we decide we want to talk about this today, Sky will want us to start a new thread.....right, Sky? But I guess we'll see where the day leads us. Take care!

Our PM said it was when rather than if that we would be hit, my thoughts are with all who have been cault up in this.
                          A couple of my work colleges had family in London but they are all ok, like you i came here just to see if you where all ok.

Tara safe and well.
                          Take care.
                          ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                            Our PM said it was when rather than if that we would be hit, my thoughts are with all who have been cault up in this.
                            A couple of my work colleges had family in London but they are all ok, like you i came here just to see if you where all ok.

Tara safe and well.
                            Take care.
                            Glad you're okay, Tara. My thoughts are certainly with all of you in the UK.

It makes me sick and angry to know that there are human beings who can do this sort of thing to other human beings. Unfortunately, it's only a matter of when, not if, in the US, too, I'm afraid.

What a rotten day.

My LJ

Comment

there's already a thread in the off topic part of the forum if folks want to talk.
                              i see no reason we can't have a bit of off-topic stuff here....just as long as it's not all off-topic all the time (and if it bugs someone, let me know and i'll shut it down, without revealing your identity)

we're all friends here and i think we can chat as friends

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                there's already a thread in the off topic part of the forum if folks want to talk.
                                i see no reason we can't have a bit of off-topic stuff here....just as long as it's not all off-topic all the time (and if it bugs someone, let me know and i'll shut it down, without revealing your identity)

we're all friends here and i think we can chat as friends
                                Sky, you're really just the best! I love you people and I love this thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X