Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Skydiver
    what does "whumping" means ? and "Thunk"

    whumping is to beat up on the characters. I'm whumping Sam when i have her hit by a staff blast or knocked unconscious

    thunk is what you do when you see a hot as heck picture of someone. your jaw goes THUNK and, if you're really unlucky, you might drool a little
    Thanks Sky. I finally got it.

    Actually, I'm surprised at all the fanfiction out there. We want a strong Sam. This is why she is beaten to death, tortured, raped or blinded and deafed by acid drops in the eyes and ears. Poor Sam, going through all that misery. Sometimes, I think with fans like that, who needs enemies
    sigpic
    There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
    If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
    If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
    If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

    Comment


      lol

      well you know, you only hurt the ones you love
      Where in the World is George Hammond?


      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by NearlyCircular
        I've been reading some of the multitude of reviews that have been posted today over in the news section, and most of them are cringe-worthy. The reviews are mixed, of course, but there's one that sounded like it was written by someone who's actually seen SG-1 more than once, unlike most of others. She liked the show, and gave a hint about what Sam is up to.
        Spoiler:
        She's director of R&D(research and development).

        The link to the review is http://scifi.about.com/od/eprevsprevs/a/avalonrev.htm
        and the link to the forum discussion of the review is http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14066

        NC
        Thanks for the link NC. Glad to finally read a positive review.

        The thing I just don't get about these reviewers is that most of them flat out state that they were never a fan of Stargate and yet they seem to think that suddenly after nine years, that the introduction of two ex-Farscape actors is going to change their views about the show. I'm sorry but I don't like eating mushrooms. I have tried liking them over the years, but it doesn't matter what sauce I dress them up in, it's still a fungus to me. I don't care if you wrapped RDA around the mushroom, I don't think it would taste any better in my mouth. [Wow...that mental image just sort of hit me..*cough*] Ok, well maybe I might learn to like mushrooms if that was the case, but you get the idea of what I'm saying here.

        Farscape is not Stargate and vice versa. It may have been a great show, but the fact still remains...Farscape no longer exists and Stargate is still kicking after eight long years. So regardless if critics like the show or not, there is obviously a good chunk of viewers out there that are watching and enjoy the show. I may not like everything TPTB do with the show, but they have managed to keep me coming back, week after week, year after year... so in my book they are obviously doing something right.

        To paraphrase our once great leader, Brig. General Jack O'Neill... I have but two words for those wishy-washy critics...




        BITE ME!





        Edit: I'm sorry, but I really have an issue with people who criticize things for which they are completely ignorant and especially when they have no intention of giving it a shot in the first place. Nor do I care for people who jump on the bandwagon simply because someone they like joins in and then dumps on it because they don't like the way things are going. I may critize and complain about things, but I have been here, through thick and thin, for eight years. I think I have earned the right to be a bit judgemental.

        However, I do NOT like people coming into my house and picking apart my family and comparing us to the Jones' down the street and that's exactly how I feel about much of the media coverage Stargate has received thus far this season.

        /*end rant*/
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 15 July 2005, 01:59 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by NearlyCircular
          I've been reading some of the multitude of reviews that have been posted today over in the news section, and most of them are cringe-worthy. The reviews are mixed, of course, but there's one that sounded like it was written by someone who's actually seen SG-1 more than once, unlike most of others. She liked the show, and gave a hint about what Sam is up to.
          Spoiler:
          She's director of R&D(research and development).

          The link to the review is http://scifi.about.com/od/eprevsprevs/a/avalonrev.htm
          and the link to the forum discussion of the review is http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=14066

          NC
          Hmmmmm......sounds like it could easily be a civilian post to me......

          By the way, thanks to everyone who has been posting links to fanfic they have enjoyed. I always copy the links and paste them in to a recommended fiction doc I keep. Then, when I need a new "bedtime story," I have somewhere to start besides just trolling through the vast files online. Of course, I still do that too, but it's good to have the recs for when you're in a hurry and want to be assured of a good read!

          Comment


            Round 31 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. The Sentinel was eliminated in Round 30. Let's try to keep the Sam-centric eps from getting the axe!

            Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...&page=69&pp=20

            Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

            Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

            Comment


              Hi, everyone! I'm new to this forum. This is one of the only ones I subscribe to. Thanks to majorsal for starting it and everyone for contributing to it. Thanks also to majorsal & Skydiver for inviting me. Sam is so cool. She makes me proud to be a girl. I'm lucky to have heroic women in my real life. I'm glad she's on screen for all the girls out there, who can see parts of their own role models in Sam. Now I just need a little time to read all of the 584 pages of entries into this forum. Okay...I'll be in my reading room.

              Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
              Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

              Comment


                Originally posted by jerin
                Hi, everyone! I'm new to this forum. This is one of the only ones I subscribe to. Thanks to majorsal for starting it and everyone for contributing to it. Thanks also to majorsal & Skydiver for inviting me. Sam is so cool. She makes me proud to be a girl. I'm lucky to have heroic women in my real life. I'm glad she's on screen for all the girls out there, who can see parts of their own role models in Sam. Now I just need a little time to read all of the 584 pages of entries into this forum. Okay...I'll be in my reading room.
                Hello Jerin and welcome to the thread!! You've done well. You've taken that first step to unlurking and admitting to the world that you are indeed a SAmandaLover!! I'm sure you'll find all your Sam/Amanda discussion needs fulfilled her. So pull up a chair, grab a great big bowl of blue jell-o and join in all the mayhem...um... I mean fun!!!
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 15 July 2005, 01:49 PM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  BITE ME!
                  Hey, um Forever... could you put that a bit more succinctly, please?

                  My LJ

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by jerin
                    Hi, everyone! I'm new to this forum. This is one of the only ones I subscribe to. Thanks to majorsal for starting it and everyone for contributing to it. Thanks also to majorsal & Skydiver for inviting me. Sam is so cool. She makes me proud to be a girl. I'm lucky to have heroic women in my real life. I'm glad she's on screen for all the girls out there, who can see parts of their own role models in Sam. Now I just need a little time to read all of the 584 pages of entries into this forum. Okay...I'll be in my reading room.
                    Welcome, Jerin!
                    Visit often.....post much!

                    Comment


                      To all American Samandans:

                      Have fun watching the premiere tonight !



                      Don't listen to the critics and make your mind yourselves !

                      Jerin, welcome aboard !



                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit


                      Comment


                        Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        Originally posted by binkpmmc
                        Joe - this is a direct quote from your interview recently published at another forum site: "given his position as the new team leader". Will Carter be demoted to 2IC of the team she was most recently leader of or will she and Mitchell be equals? If Carter is demoted to 2IC what is the stated reason?
                        Yup. In the first episode of season 9, Colonel Mitchell is the unidisputed team leader of SG-1.
                        I have to give bink snaps for trying yet again to get an answer about who's leading SG-1 fulltime...but I think it's abundantly clear that we are just going to have to wait.

                        Darn.


                        ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                        Comment




                          Me thinks we need a Royal Opthalmologist...those glasses have to GO! Get contacts! Please.

                          And,

                          Welcome Jerin!

                          Lys, thank you for your unselfish wish that all American Samandans enjoy tonight's premiere! Oh boy, less than 20 minutes to go for me. I wish there was some way you, and all other Samandans, not from the states, could share it with us. And yes, I WILL make up my own mind!

                          Well, better go and get the DVD in place!
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            I have to give bink snaps for trying yet again to get an answer about who's leading SG-1 fulltime...but I think it's abundantly clear that we are just going to have to wait.

                            Darn.

                            Wait until you see the response he gave to a later question I asked - you get your answer (I think since I am now resigned to the fact) and then I asked another question . . . . See what you think of his latest response and then you will see why I asked my next question. I have to keep asking cuz now he's got me bugged - he should have just answered the qdamn question first time around (months and months ago and there would be none of this crap going on and maybe, just maybe, Carter fans could have had a chance to become resigned to the fact, if it is true), be straight up and honest about it and stop all this coy, gameplaying BS cuz I will ask the same question till the cows come home since it is a question, that for the sake of the fans, deserves an answer, IMO. To boot I am royaly ticked at a certain NEW poster to this forum who sent me a very nasty rep point message . . . got me so angry at being personally attacked by the likes of her . . . guess this poster didn't like the fact that not every question to Mallozzi revolves around farscape and it's FORMER stars.
                            Last edited by binkpmmc; 15 July 2005, 04:52 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by binkpmmc
                              Wait until you see the response he gave to a later question I asked - you get your answer (I think since I am now resigned to the fact) and then I asked another question . . . . See what you think of his latest response and then you will see why I asked my next question. I have to keep asking cuz now he's got me bugged - he should have just answered the qdamn question first time around (months and months ago and there would be none of this crap going on and maybe, just maybe, Carter fans could have had a chance to become resigned to the fact, if it is true), be straight up and honest about it and stop all this coy, gameplaying BS cuz I will ask the same question till the cows come home since it is a question, that for the sake of the fans, deserves an answer, IMO. To boot I am royaly ticked at a certain NEW poster to this forum who sent me a very nasty rep point message . . . got me so angry at being personally attacked by the likes of her . . . guess this poster didn't like the fact that not every question to Mallozzi revolves around farscape and it's FORMER stars.
                              Actually Bink...someone answered your next question...but it wasn't Joe...just another person on the thread trying to give you their opinion...

                              My answer is still that they want to make it a big mystery for us all to stew over....

                              My best hopes...Sam leads SG-1 and Cam learns from her so that whenever Amanda leaves (end of season 9, 10, 11 whatever), Cam is there to take over, having "learned from the best..."

                              That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...


                              ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

                              Comment


                                Here we go!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X