• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    Chris Judge: Hey, Amanda?

Amanda: Yeah?

Chris: Coop wants to see you.

Amanda: Oh?

Amanda: What's up?

RCC: What exactly did you DO while you were gone?

Amanda: Uh... what?

RCC: We have 750 boxes of blue jello.

Amanda: Oh... heh heh... Well, it's kind of a long story...
    RLOL

Comment

Uber girl, you're worst than TPTB, keeping us in the dark like that. When will we have the ending of your story (the Darker side of the night and Eclipse) ? They're great. Can't wait to discover the rest.

And your wallpaper is also great.

Great story also Agent
      sigpic
      There are only two things to worry about: either you are well or you are sick.
      If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about: but if you are sick; there are two things for you to worry about: either you get well, or you die.
      If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about. If you die: then there are two things to worry about: either you go up or down.
      If you go up, then there is nothing to worry about. But if you go down, you will be so busy shaking hands with old friends you wont have time to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        SKY?!? That makes it sounds like its a fait accompli that Sam will definitely NOT be leading SG-1 when she returns. I have not seen nor heard anything that would point that way. In fact what I have read points to Cam being a temp.
        Hi all: Don't know what, if anything, the following may mean or how TPTB plan on playing this but we all know how they love to jerk the fans around so I will see what you all think of my speculation on this. I noted in a post somewhere at some point that someone made reference to the patches on the uniforms and that DJ and T did not have the SG1 patches on their uniforms but the SGC patches. I am going to try and attach some photos - first time ever trying this so I hope it works - if this fails the photos are from The Powers That Be and Avalon eps (IIRC). They show that the left patches for bb and DJ match but that the right patches do not. bb's appears to have a #1 while DJ and T have the SGC insignia.

Again, not sure what, if anything, this means but this could be a twist that has not been discussed yet. Perhaps Daniel and Teal'c are not officially part of SG1 until Carter returns and only when she has command returned to her do Daniel and Teal'c agree to officially become part of SG1 again. Ok, ok, naive? Me? A little, but also still hopefull they do not scr-w with Carter and her leadership role. I hope (as silly as I may be) that Daniel and Teal'c have made a stand for Carter and refused to be part of SG1 but agreed to come back to the SGC to help the new guys and only when Carter returns does the "Team of SG1" return. Yes, spoilers say mitchell is told he will lead SG1 when he gets to the SGC and he should put a tewam together BUT he WANTS Carter, Daniel and Teal'c so he can "learn from the best". What if he asks DJ and T but they won't come back as SG1 to be under his command so mitchell is alone with an SG1 patch. It does sound as if the first 5 eps are kind of ragtag with all of them somewhat scattered or separated so perhaps they are not truly a team. When DJ and T balk mitchell gets shot down, DJ and T come back but only unofficially to help and that is why their patches are SGC NOT SG1. Sorry I am starting to ramble but I hope you all get my point. What do you all think?

EDIT - well when I posted this I could not see the photos - could anyone else access them? Can anyone tell me how to attach them? I have them downloaded to my desktop. Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
          When you go above 800 posts you get a bigger PM box and more avatar choices. Next change is 1800 when PM box goes to 100 and you can upload your own custom avatars....
          Ah crap! That's a whole heckuvalot of posts! Blast! Nah... I can do it. I think...

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
            Hi all: Don't know what, if anything, the following may mean or how TPTB plan on playing this but we all know how they love to jerk the fans around so I will see what you all think of my speculation on this. I noted in a post somewhere at some point that someone made reference to the patches on the uniforms and that DJ and T did not have the SG1 patches on their uniforms but the SGC patches. I am going to try and attach some photos - first time ever trying this so I hope it works - if this fails the photos are from The Powers That Be and Avalon eps (IIRC). They show that the left patches for bb and DJ match but that the right patches do not. bb's appears to have a #1 while DJ and T have the SGC insignia.

Again, not sure what, if anything, this means but this could be a twist that has not been discussed yet. Perhaps Daniel and Teal'c are not officially part of SG1 until Carter returns and only when she has command returned to her do Daniel and Teal'c agree to officially become part of SG1 again. Ok, ok, naive? Me? A little, but also still hopefull they do not scr-w with Carter and her leadership role. I hope (as silly as I may be) that Daniel and Teal'c have made a stand for Carter and refused to be part of SG1 but agreed to come back to the SGC to help the new guys and only when Carter returns does the "Team of SG1" return. Yes, spoilers say mitchell is told he will lead SG1 when he gets to the SGC and he should put a tewam together BUT he WANTS Carter, Daniel and Teal'c so he can "learn from the best". What if he asks DJ and T but they won't come back as SG1 to be under his command so mitchell is alone with an SG1 patch. It does sound as if the first 5 eps are kind of ragtag with all of them somewhat scattered or separated so perhaps they are not truly a team. When DJ and T balk mitchell gets shot down, DJ and T come back but only unofficially to help and that is why their patches are SGC NOT SG1. Sorry I am starting to ramble but I hope you all get my point. What do you all think?
            The real life possibility is that it may be a wardrobe inconsistency that has since been brought to their attention.

From a plotline perspective, maybe only military personnel wear them? I never noticed the patches before... Interesting.

I just don't know about Daniel and Teal'c refusing to return to SG-1 - especially if they're really needed. It's kinda like Sam refusing to return to SG-1 as a 2IC, even if the fate of the Universe hangs in the balance. Everyone (even those who think she BELONGS in a 2IC position, oddly enough) pretty much agrees that she wouldn't do that, so...
            Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 23 June 2005, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady

Landry: Gentlemen, take your seats.

They sit down at the conference table, with Landry sitting at the head.

Cameron: Where's the new guy??

Walter: (standing behind Landry) Just arriving, sir.

Daniel: I still don't understand why we need a fourth member. We managed just fine for over a year under the command of Lt. Colonel Carter and Cameron's been doing a fine job handling command until Sam comes back.

Landry: I understand your concerns Doctor Jackon, but with the way things have been going with the Ori and the threat of this new plague, the Pentagon feels that it's of the utmost importance that we have one of our top people on SG-1.

Cameron: No disrespect sir, but what sort of credentials does *he* have?

Sam: (offscreen) She's a Colonel in the United States Air Force with eight years of gate travel experience.

Startled, Cameron, Daniel, and Teal'c look up as a Sam enters walking over to stand by the vacant chair across from Cameron.

Cameron: *smiling* I'm glad you changed your mind.

Daniel and Teal'c, a bit surprised, grin like cheshire cats.

Sam: Well as much as you three put forth great arguments to come back, I didn't really have much choice in the matter. I was briefed two days ago on our current situation with the Ori and was then handed my transfer papers to report to Cheyenne Mountain at 0900 this morning to take back command of SG-1.

Daniel: *grinning* Well I'm still really glad to have you back, Sam.

Teal'c: *bowing his head to Sam* As am I.

Sam: Although I really wish it were under better circumstances, I'm really glad to be back. I didn't realize how much I have missed this place until I stepped back into the elevator.

Landry: Well...since Colonel Carter has already been brought up to speed on our current situation, Ill give you all exactly 24hrs to get yourselves ready for your next mission. Briefing tomorrow at 0800. Dismissed.

:: Standing up to leave, Landry stops and turns towards Sam ::

Landry: Colonel, I'd like to have a word with you in my office once you gotten yourself settled.

Sam: Yes, sir.

Landry: Oh...and Colonel? :: Sam looks up at Landry:: Welcome back.

Sam: (big smile) Thank you, sir.

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 23 June 2005, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Daniel: I still don't understand why we need a fourth member. We managed just fine for over a year under the command of Lt. Colonel Carter and Cameron's been doing a fine job handling command until Sam comes back.

Landry: I understand your concerns Doctor Jackon, but with the way things have been going with the Ori and the threat of this new plague, the Pentagon feels that it's of the utmost importance that we have one of our top people on SG-1.

Sam: (offscreen) She's a Colonel in the United States Air Force with eight years of gate travel experience.

Startled, Cameron, Daniel, and Teal'c look up as a Sam enters walking over to stand by the vacant chair across from Cameron.

Sam: Well as much as you three put forth great arguments to come back, I didn't really have much choice in the matter. I was briefed two days ago on our current situation with the Ori and was then handed my transfer papers to report to Cheyenne Mountain at 0900 this morning to take back command of SG-1.

Sam: Although I really wish it were under better circumstances, I'm really glad to be back. I didn't realize how much I have missed this place until I stepped back into the elevator.

Landry: Well...since Colonel Carter has already been brought up to speed on our current situation, Ill give you all exactly 24hrs to get yourselves ready for your next mission. Briefing tomorrow at 0800. Dismissed.

Landry: Colonel, I'd like to have a word with you in my office once you gotten yourself settled.

Nice.

Comment

HOORAY FOR SAMANDA! 500+ PAGES AND STILL GOING AND GOING...

Big BLUE JELLO KUDOS to all the hard work, creativity and productivity displayed on this thread by those who made it a fun place for the rest of us.

I look forward to be able to post more often. Until then, it's SO fun to scroll through here - Samandans really know how to have a good time!

The Best Thread on any side of the Stargate- youbetcha!
                  MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                  sigpic
                  Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    CAPTION THIS...

Sam: Where's Daniel and his wake-em-up-from-the-dead cup of coffee when you really need em???

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                      The real life possibility is that it may be a wardrobe inconsistency that has since been brought to their attention.
                      I have to disagree here since both Teal'c and Daniel have one patch and mitchell has a different patch on one shoulder while the patches on the other shoulders match. Also, the photo of Teal'c and Daniel clearly showing the SGC patch is from the 4 th ep. The Ties That Bind, and my guess is if it were an inconsistency it would have been caught by the 4th ep. Also, seems if it were to be an inconsistency it would maybe happen with one of them but not both, IMO.

From a plotline perspective, maybe only military personnel wear them? I never noticed the patches before... Interesting.
                      You make a good point about civilains so I went back and checked (I did recall that all 4 always had an SG1 patch on one side and the SGC patch on the other but I did not want to rely soley on my recall). I found a photo of Daniel, clear as day in Lost City with a clear SG1 patch on his right shoulder so the civilian idea is not it. Plus I have seen photos of vala with uniform greens on offworld and she has no patches at all. You can see the velcro tabs where patches would belong and she clearly has no patches at all - not even SGC - granted she is not a "civilian" in the human sense of the word but she is also not part of the team (or any team for that matter) or the SGC, ergo, no patches at all. I still like my idea.

I just don't know about Daniel and Teal'c refusing to return to SG-1 - especially if they're really needed. It's kinda like Sam refusing to return to SG-1 as a 2IC, even if the fate of the Universe hangs in the balance. Everyone (even those who think she BELONGS in a 2IC position, oddly enough) pretty much agrees that she wouldn't do that, so...
                      I agree they would not risk earth and refuse to help that is why I said I thought that they come back to help but not in official capacity as part of SG1 just as part of the SGC, at least up until The Ties That Bind, the 4th ep, which is where the photo of Teal'c and Daniel is from showing clearly the SGC patches where the SG1 patches used to be.

So far I am still hopeful that the patches are some sort of subtle sign and we all know (especially the J/S shippers) how subtle TPTB like to be.
                      Last edited by binkpmmc; 23 June 2005, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

ooooo , I like that intro of Sam coming back ..... more power to the Citizens of Samanda ....TPTB take a page from this great intro ....

Comment

Originally Posted by binkpmmc
                          They show that the left patches for bb and DJ match but that the right patches do not. bb's appears to have a #1 while DJ and T have the SGC insignia.
                          I usually only look at spoiler pics once or twice so as not to develop my own whacked-out plans for how episodes should evolve or pan out. However, upon closer inspection of the photos that have come out so far, I'd have to agree with binkpmmc. Daniel's and Teal'c's patches are indeed different from the standard SG-1 patch we've seen them wear for 8 years. Mitchell, though, is sporting the traditional insignia.

Originally Posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Sorry, but this seems extremely unlikely to me. One of the biggest questions at the beginning of the season is the status and make-up of the SG-1 team. For TPTB to accidently screw up any part of the show connected to that issue is fairly implausilble. At least I hope so. Besides, in The Powers That Be photos, the producers seem to have been careful enough to have Vala wearing no patches whatsoever. Surely that means they've at least thought about the patch issue.

What does all this mean? Well, my opinion, pure speculation though it is, is that SG-1 doesn't officially reform during the first five episodes of the season, and that Daniel and Teal'c don't agree outright to serve on "SG-1" with Mitchell and Vala. I'm fairly certain that I read about a similar comment being made by Michael Shanks during a convention earlier this year. I could be wrong. Continuing to speculate, it's my hope that any such issues won't be resolved until Sam returns. As I alluded to earlier, though, I can come up with some pretty whacked-out ideas without much prodding at all. I guess we'll all know soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                            Sorry, but this seems extremely unlikely to me. One of the biggest questions at the beginning of the season is the status and make-up of the SG-1 team. For TPTB to accidently screw up any part of the show connected to that issue is fairly implausilble. At least I hope so. Besides, in The Powers That Be photos, the producers seem to have been careful enough to have Vala wearing no patches whatsoever. Surely that means they've at least thought about the patch issue.
                            Exactly - you said very clearly what I was, in quite an obtuse way, trying to say. The issue of the makeup, and leadership, of SG1 is a big part of what TPTB have so far been refusing to answer in a straightforward manner, it is creating a lot of angst in fandom and for DJ and T NOT to have the SG1 patches on (while mitchell has one), is, IMO, telling us something, we just do not know what. I am sure it is part of the story arc on the reformation of SG1 and Carter's absence, and return, will play into when DJ, T and Carter really officially become SG1 again.

Comment

I only say that because eps are shot in such weird orders. Something as seemingly simple as Teal'c's hair length was inconsistent for the first 5+ eps of S8. I just think that if it's possible for them to not be in control of that, other things are possible.

Comment

caption this

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X