• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
    Time for a big SQUEEEE!

Of topic though, sorry.

Spoiler:
    I'm nominated for a Hugo again! In fan artist, obviously. Rather happy, as you can guess!
    Not expecting to win (I have two, where would I put a third?) but it really, really is an honour to be nominated.
    If you don't know what a Hugo is, well, it's the SF convention version of an Oscar, it's been awarded for over 50 years. http://www.thehugoawards.org/?page_id=2 it's kind of a big thing for me.

Is happy bunny.

FF
    Huge congrats FF!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Congratulations FF!! That's awesome stuff!! Good luck!!

It's awfully quiet in here. TGIF!!
      I was watching the Lowdown on the season 6 dvd's today and I loved how Amanda did her little "Dboom" thing when she was talking about how Fraiser's gonna have to charge Carters heart in the ep Prophecy. She was sooo cute with her little impersonation of what was gonna happen...and then when the camera guy said something about her having all the dialogue, she said oh yeah and then smiled and laid herself back down on the gurney...very cute!!!
      I love the behind the scenes stuff...lots of fun!!
      Night all, take care and have fun! (((Samandans)))
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Time for a big SQUEEEE!

Of topic though, sorry.

Spoiler:
        I'm nominated for a Hugo again! In fan artist, obviously. Rather happy, as you can guess!
        Not expecting to win (I have two, where would I put a third?) but it really, really is an honour to be nominated.
        If you don't know what a Hugo is, well, it's the SF convention version of an Oscar, it's been awarded for over 50 years. http://www.thehugoawards.org/?page_id=2 it's kind of a big thing for me.

Is happy bunny.

FF
        Wow, that's really cool stuff, big congrats to you FF .

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Congratulations FF!! That's awesome stuff!! Good luck!!

It's awfully quiet in here. TGIF!!
        I was watching the Lowdown on the season 6 dvd's today and I loved how Amanda did her little "Dboom" thing when she was talking about how Fraiser's gonna have to charge Carters heart in the ep Prophecy. She was sooo cute with her little impersonation of what was gonna happen...and then when the camera guy said something about her having all the dialogue, she said oh yeah and then smiled and laid herself back down on the gurney...very cute!!!
        I love the behind the scenes stuff...lots of fun!!
        Night all, take care and have fun! (((Samandans)))
        Uh oh, it's been a while since I've seen the S6 DVD, so I'll have to go check that out . Thanks Chelle .

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
          Thanks! Nice to pop in here on my lunch break and see NC's birthday cake & a bunch of happy birthdays. (though Celadine may not be aware that I'm a spoilerphobe. )
          hands out slices of chocolate birthday cake. Early birds get to choose flowers or no flowers pieces

On another note, I have this stray cat that keeps coming into my yard. On the one hand I feel like I should feed it & on the other I feel like I shouldn't encourage it. Do you think Sam feed stray cats? Was Shroedinger maybe a stray? (how's that for attempting to wrench the wheel back on topic? )
          Schroedinger a stray? Nah, I don't think so.
          I could see Sam feed strays, however, the area she lived in did not look like there would be any strays or if there were they would be *taken care off*.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          not just cats, you can end up with raccoons, possums and other pests if you have food outside
          Not where I live.
          Reminds me of a trip to Alabama where they had a bird feeder outside and there were lots of humming birds.
          I went nuts. "Woah, this is so cool! You got humming birds?!? How do you get them to come here?"
          - "You put a feeder outside."
          - "Uh, OK, if I'd put a feeder outside my home it would still not attract any humming birds...wrong part of the world..."

My favorite actor once told me that he believes a mountain lion ate his cat which I found mind boggling.
          Cats here get killed by cars or trams and mountain lions may be found in zoos not in your backyard.

BTW: Happy belated Birthday Jackfan!

BTT: I can see how FF thought it strange that Sam would give away her cat. One could reason that she did not spend enough time at home what with going off world all the time so why not give the cat to someone else?
          I'm sure Nareem gave Schroedinger a good home...I mean, Schroedinger made himself at home at Nareem's place.

Comment

Time for a big SQUEEEE!

Of topic though, sorry.

Spoiler:

Is happy bunny.

FF
            Congrats on your nomination FF!! I definitely think you could find space to squeeze in a third Hugo as well. *crosses fingers for you*

Comment

Hi guys, just dropping off my question of the day for all you good people.

If you got the chance to spend the day with Amanda, and you could have anything you want happen, what would you do? Take her to a theme park, go fishing, go through a hike in the woods?

Anything you want .

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                I might be delusional but I think I know who you would rather have a BBQ with.

Spoiler:
                [URL=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=threads2034.jpg][IMG]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/91/threads2034.jpg[URL]

Happy Birthday, jckfan!
                smiles dreamily

Comment

Time for a big SQUEEEE!

Of topic though, sorry.

Spoiler:

Is happy bunny.

FF
                  congratulations. that's fantastic
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

If you got the chance to spend the day with Amanda, and you could have anything you want happen, what would you do? Take her to a theme park, go fishing, go through a hike in the woods?

Anything you want .
                    go for lunch with her, go shopping, then have dinner together. just basically hanging out and talking about *everything* and anything.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      Anything you want .
                      Hmmm...anything I want hey??? Well I'd probably be inclined to just sit and chat with her. But I'm not sure about all day though. I'd feel guilty about taking up her time. Of course if she wanted to sit and chat all day then that would be perfectly fine with me.
                      And maybe we'd goof around with our camera's and take really goofy pictures of our day together. I mean really goofy!!
                      But really, what I would love to do is just get to know her and let her get to know me too. It would fun.
                      I know...I'm boring...but I don't like shopping and when I go walking I don't like to talk too much as I try to concentrate on keeping my breathing even and theme parks are just too crowded. Fishing is great but I prefer to do that with hubby and the kids.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I'd like to go to the set and watch a few hours of filming.Then maybe lunch. Maybe bring a couple friends along.That would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                          I'd like to go to the set and watch a few hours of filming.Then maybe lunch. Maybe bring a couple friends along.That would be perfect.
                          Could I be one of those friends? I promise to behave.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool to have the members of Samanda go to the set and watch for just a day and have lunch with the cast and crew. A girl can only dream can't she!?
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i would love to hang out at the set and just watch the magic happen. see the real people behind the magic

jsut sit in a corner and watch
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Time for a big SQUEEEE!

Of topic though, sorry.

Spoiler:

Is happy bunny.

FF
                                This is absolutely a big deal. Congratulations and good luck.
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Working...
                                X