Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
    Oh, so not fair!! She's 3 years older than me, and how young and pretty does she look there? I can't even be catty and imply that it's plastic surgery, as I know darn well that Amanda would never do that

I just popped on here to leave some green for SamJackShipLover, who I know from another thread *waves, hi honey*, and had a snoop around. She looks fab!!!!!
    Really? And you know that how??? I think it's interesting she looks so much better now than she looked all those years ago when she was so young. She must be one of those lucky women who look better as they age
    Last edited by silly sally; 17 March 2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Sanctuary - SciFi Wire: Amanda Tapping teases Sanctuary season two/Stargate movies:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....4&postcount=25

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        Woo-hoo for majorsal!

Her hoping paid off.

Amanda WAS at the SciFi Channel Upfront All Star party in New York City today!

Spoiler:

Syfy's Mark Stern, Amanda, Robin, and Syfy's Dave Howe

Mark Stern, Syfy's Bonnie Hammer, Amanda, Dave, Robin

Thank YOU, majorsal, for all your dedication to Amanda and Sam and Helen!
        Cool, thanks for the pictures! And props to majorsal as well for her hoping!

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        I've just read Amanda's interview in the most recent issue of The Official Stargate SG-1 / Atlantis Magazine (I predict a change of that title when Stargate: Universe comes around) and it was just a joy to read! Brilliant! I am just so very overjoyed that Amanda may make an appearance in the Stargate: Atlantis movie! I can see it now (the following is pure speculation and daydreaming on my part but contains references, that some may consider spoilers, for the S5 finale Enemy at the Gate) -

Spoiler:
        Colonel Samantha Carter, commanding the USS General Hammond, swooping in from hyperspace to defend Atlantis whilst it travels back to the Pegasus Galaxy!
        That would be quite cool.
        Spoiler:

And since it's likely they'll be shooting the SG-1 movie at the same time, they could possibly use the GH in both movies, just briefly for SGA, but perhaps having a bigger role in the SG-1 film.

sigpic

Comment

Woo-hoo for majorsal!

Her hoping paid off.

Spoiler:
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/09/robindunneamandatapping.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/09/robin.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...indavehowe.jpg

Syfy's Mark Stern, Amanda, Robin, and Syfy's Dave Howe

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...adaverobin.jpg

Mark Stern, Syfy's Bonnie Hammer, Amanda, Dave, Robin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...mandarobin.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ndatapping.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Morjana. As usual, you rock!

Found another report about the Spotlight Awards Gala. It has a funny quote from AT's speech.

The Woman of Vision award was presented to actor/producer Amanda Tapping (Stargate) for her work as Executive Producer and star of the ground-breaking series “Sanctuary” which she and her team were able to bring from a web-based program to a network program. Amanda was as gracious and funny as ever, and our thanks to her for her analogy of fundraising for independent screen projects, “it’s a roller coaster which you ride slowly up and up and then it turns into a corkscrew and you spiral down and when you come out of that you’re covered with vomit and then things start to get hard.”
          Report from 2009 Women in Film Festival

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            That would be quite cool.
            Spoiler:

And since it's likely they'll be shooting the SG-1 movie at the same time, they could possibly use the GH in both movies, just briefly for SGA, but perhaps having a bigger role in the SG-1 film.
            Spoiler:
            My thoughts exactly. I imagine the same too. Sam on-board the General Hammond appearing towards the end of the Stargate: Atlantis movie but having a far more significant role in the Stargate SG-1 movie. Having them filmed at the same time would certainly help make that possible.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              I think filming starts on March 23rd. Can't remember where I heard that though.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1003

Comment

Thank you, Parsifal. I don't read that thread, I think I might have heard it on Msn, but that's probably where the info came from. So thank you.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  You should make a list! I'm way too shy to ask a question, I had thought about asking something at AT3 and just the thought made me all nervous lol (not because of Amanda, because of aaaallll the people in the room).
                  I am making a list! You'll be able to ask one at AT4 though since this time you'll know most of the people in the room.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                  What? You weren't nervous of little ole us

The pea shooters didn't have anything to do with it, did it?
                  Bad example. We are all nervous of you.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  Cool. Sounds like AT has stayed "herself" despite becoming a star. Not that it is surprising, but nice to hear.

Sam is a bit of a star at the SGC. We know Rocky Felger is in awe of her. Do you think the other scientists (crush or not) are a bit in awe? Do you think Sam is aware of it? If so, how does she handle it?
                  Depends. Some will be like Felger and be in awe. Others will have egos like Rodney and be jealous. Personally, I think Sam is pretty oblivious to any hero worship and/or crushes. She seemed to be unaware of how Felger felt (well, at least until she saw the Stargate Barbie doll ), didn't know Lt. Simmons had a crush on her until Daniel mentioned it and look at her reactions to Narim's initial attention and Abu's comments.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  like what was that show at AT2? coronation place

she got to go to the set and she was as gobsmacked there as we have been at our chnaces to see the set

she's just a person like us. just has a really cool job is all.
                  Yup and lots of us probably have cool jobs it's just that no one wants to watch us do our jobs!

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  Thanks a lot for that Sally . Btw, I think you were looking forward to this- Amanda's and Kamil's interview transcript Enjoy .

I like how the part where she drops the S-bomb is written .

"...the fact that I am scaring the **** out of myself is important... I swore. Sorry" Potty mouth Amanda .
                  Thanks for the link Rocky.

Woo-hoo for majorsal!

Her hoping paid off.

Spoiler:
                  *snip*

Thanks Morjana!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  Thanks for posting Morjana!! She looks very pretty with her hair all dark again and a little black dress And is it just me or is Robin looking younger than ever? He is not that young is he?
                  He is younger than me and therefore young.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  You mean / ?
                  You are such a shipper!

Sanctuary - SciFi Wire: Amanda Tapping teases Sanctuary season two/Stargate movies:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....4&postcount=25
                  Thanks again!

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                  Thanks for the pics, Morjana. As usual, you rock!

Found another report about the Spotlight Awards Gala. It has a funny quote from AT's speech.

Report from 2009 Women in Film Festival

LOL! On the other hand, that sounds like a lot of jobs.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

The hair is dark again! Yay!

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I like her with dark hair portraying Dr Magnus but I do miss the blonde hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                        Thank you, Parsifal. I don't read that thread, I think I might have heard it on Msn, but that's probably where the info came from. So thank you.
                        Yep, I believe I passed the info on to you after reading parisfal's post

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                          I like her with dark hair portraying Dr Magnus but I do miss the blonde hair.

Both look good. I think it's nice to see a blonde go brunette for a change.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Woo-hoo for majorsal!

Her hoping paid off.

(snip photos because i'm too lazy to remove tags )

woo hoo!!

the blond's gone already

but amanda piccies!!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                              Thanks for those. Love that the dark hair is back
                              hmm, reading a few posts in a row that are glad the dark hair is back... are rocky and i the only ones that like the blond?
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                hmm, reading a few posts in a row that are glad the dark hair is back... are rocky and i the only ones that like the blond?
                                Nope, you're not alone. I prefer the blond too.

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X