No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey y'all I have a bit of sad news. I said a few days ago I was gonna watch the audio commentary of Affinaty, also because of the last "I do kissing - and hands close to a certain place" - scene. When I selected the audio commentaries on my disc, I noticed well in MY set the Audio commentary's "2nd" person is not Amanda . So I'm gonna watch the next episode with audio commentary (Covenant) cause Amanda is listed as Audio Commentator for this episode?

That being said, I made some careful conclusions 1) Amanda maybe was not the only person to do commentary episodes "as 2nd person" in an audio comment episode.

2) It could be a diffrence in Regions: maybe Region 1 discs has Amanda as audio voice for Affinaty and somebody else for Region 2

3) Amanda is always funny when doing an Audio commentary.

I hope when the sanctuary DVD's come out, she also included audio commentary. I love to hear her sweet voice

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      I ended up creating a slightly different account from what I have here but it is done. And I know what you mean about the viciousness in the comments....just go back to when Sanctuary was renewed for season 2 and all the hateful comments made...some were quite personal too...I hope this sorts it all out.
      I know just what you mean Chelle, the first time I went there, I was so happy to read that Sanctuary (something of Amanda's) was renewed and I went there a few more times over the course of a couple weeks because I was still so excited to see that it got picked up, just as it should be , and I kept noticing some people were leaving such mean and dumb comments . I mean, why? A lot of people were happy it got picked up, so why the rude comments. And you're right about going back to that article, I just went there, and all the comments have been deleted, even the good ones. .

I mean, that was a happy day for the fans of the show, and yet, some people started a fire that burnt out all the comments left on the article's page, and I had to make a new account to leave comments too. Even the good fans started getting into it. That's how it begins, someone says something here, someone says something there, and BOOM, everything goes out of control, and before you know it, mods have to step in. Why can't we all just get along?

Here's a question - for fun...you know how some famous actors film documentaries like going down the Amazon or what not...what kind of documentary would you like to see Amanda make??...if she were to make one that is?? Aside from anything to do with Stargate or that kinda thing.
      Me...I'd like to see Amanda go on a walk-about through the Aussie bush and eat bush tucker and learn bush mechanics!! Or something like that!!
      Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      any of the animals in danger. the whales are having probs, so are penguins. maybe it's just that part of the world that's dwindling away that's making it harder and harder for the animals to survive. i watch nature shows (on pbs) and it's sad. i could see amanda working to help their cause.
      Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      Hey Everyone,

Great question Chelle! I could see Amanda doing endangered animal, save our planet, women of the armed forces and maybe about the school where she perfected her craft in acting (although that last one might be bit personal for Amanda) but I could see her do these types of documentaries.

Julia(samcarterrules)
      It wouldn't be hard to imagine Amanda doing that . I'd love to see Amanda getting invloved with those things, she is already sorta with her Hearing Dogs benefit, so already we know that she loves animals . But yeah, I, and I think we could easily see her working towards their cause, and I'm sure she'd be just as invloved with them as she is with Hearing Dogs, and as bonus, thanks to Finding Nemo (I think ) she likes whales . Hell, she likes everything, if Amanda was an animal, she'd be a Tribble, or in her case, a Nubbin .

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

A day in the life of Amanda Tapping?

Seriously, I'd be interested in Amanda going back to her roots of acting. She had formed a comedy troupe back in the early 90's I believe it was. I think it'd be interesting for her to expound on the details of how this came about, what prompted her to get this started and the people dear to her during this time in her life when she was trying to get a foot in the 'acting door.' Might be a bit personal, but aren't documentaries like this?
      I love that idea . I'd love to see some Canadian Bio show do an episode on her , I'd love to see how she started in acting, and a little more about how she became Carter and what lead her to the role.

There's going to be an episode about Stargate on Tube Tales on the TVtropolis channel on Feb 23, so maybe well get something then .

Comment

Here's a question - for fun...you know how some famous actors film documentaries like going down the Amazon or what not...what kind of documentary would you like to see Amanda make??...if she were to make one that is?? Aside from anything to do with Stargate or that kinda thing.
        Me...I'd like to see Amanda go on a walk-about through the Aussie bush and eat bush tucker and learn bush mechanics!! Or something like that!!
        Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        A sea kayak tour of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, and maybe stop off at one of the rain forest islands off the beaten track. Lots of marine life and island flora and fauna to investigate
        Yeah, she's kind of outdoorsy so these would make sense. I'd watch. heck I'd watch if she was only narrating.

Comment

I'm looking at pictures of Amanda and...

That brown hair she has now (could it be that at AT3 she still has black hair, but on Comic Con it went lighter brown to eventually well let's the blond hair peekabooh (to appear) again? I never dyed my hair.

But.... I'm falling in love all over again

SOS SOS! I've just seen a picture and I could clearly look into her eyes, Help me guys, I'm drawning in her eyes

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Daivy View Post
            I'm looking at pictures of Amanda and...

That brown hair she has now (could it be that at AT3 she still has black hair, but on Comic Con it went lighter brown to eventually well let's the blond hair peekabooh (to appear) again? I never dyed my hair.

But.... I'm falling in love all over again

SOS SOS! I've just seen a picture and I could clearly look into her eyes, Help me guys, I'm drawning in her eyes
            (((daivy)))

have you visited the 'sam/at thunk thread'? i think you'll like it. love it actually.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

NC

Comment

The nominations for the 2009 Sanctuary Fanfiction Awards close in just over 30 hours. If you still want to nominate a story, please contact the team at [email protected]

Categories are:
                Helen
                Will
                Ashley
                Recurring Character
                Webverse
                Best Original Abnormal
                Angst
                Action
                Romance
                General

Nominations close at 11.59pm Sunday 22nd February 2009
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

The nominations for the 2009 Sanctuary Fanfiction Awards close in just over 30 hours. If you still want to nominate a story, please contact the team at [email protected]

Categories are:
                  Helen
                  Will
                  Ashley
                  Recurring Character
                  Webverse
                  Best Original Abnormal
                  Angst
                  Action
                  Romance
                  General

Nominations close at 11.59pm Sunday 22nd February 2009
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    if you want to comment on the main website, you need to make a whole new registration. now if you want to use your current username, that's fine, you just need to make a new account there.

and yeah, it has chilled out some of the nastiness. things were beyond vicious on the comments section. you really got to see the dark and nasty side of people
                    Glad to hear it has calmed things down. It was pretty nasty. I even e-mailed Darren about one comment that was totally inappropriate and he deleted it. How sad some people get their jollies that way.

Originally posted by kes View Post
                    MacGyver rocks! Coolest hero ever
                    Who else stops toxic waste or some sort of acid (hey it was a long time ago!) with chocolate!?! Huh!?! The man ruled and still rules
                    Makes me love him more!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    I've been watching "The Mentalist" this season. For those who watch it: What do you think a meeting between Patrick Jane and Sam would be like? What about with Magnus?
                    Sorry, haven't seen the show but the lead actor (Simon Baker?) is awfully cute.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    Happy Birthday Sg-1fanintn
                    From me as well and birthday greetings to Chevron Seven.

Actually, RDA did a series on rivers. Saw the one about the Yangtse. Very interesting.

arctic polar bears?
                    She could go to Churchill (polar bear capital of Canada, where we keep Mandy, although it is quite sad when she gets hungry and wanders into the town dump). Ewan MacGregor (from Star Wars) did a special there.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

From me as well and birthday greetings to Chevron Seven.

From me too

She could go to Churchill (polar bear capital of Canada, where we keep Mandy, although it is quite sad when she gets hungry and wanders into the town dump). Ewan MacGregor (from Star Wars) did a special there.
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

aahoooh, you're in trouble now!!!!!

mandy's gonna come and get ya
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

aahoooh, you're in trouble now!!!!!

mandy's gonna come and get ya

Be afraid, be very afraid
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Juts dropping in to say I got my gold pass ticket to Armageddon...Amanda's coming!!!!!! OMG...this is absolutely awesome!! I'm going to have to start writing down all thew questions that pop into my fron when I'm at work...I do my best thinking when I work...OMG!!! I'm just a little bit happy right now!!!
                            (((Samandans)))
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

But, in the meantime, another big announcement: I was exchanging emails with the lovely Amanda Tapping and I asked her whether she might be interested in doing a fan Q&A. Well, I’m happy to report that she’s more than happy to visit with us. And with production on Sanctuary’s second season poised to begin soon, she has a rare/brief window of calm before the inevitable storm. So…

If you’ve got questions for Amanda Tapping, start posting. But please avoid duplicating questions that have already been asked. Be concise and let’s avoid burying Amanda under the inevitable avalanche of well-wishes and meandering queries.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-announcement/
                              sigpic
                              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Juts dropping in to say I got my gold pass ticket to Armageddon...Amanda's coming!!!!!! OMG...this is absolutely awesome!! I'm going to have to start writing down all thew questions that pop into my fron when I'm at work...I do my best thinking when I work...OMG!!! I'm just a little bit happy right now!!!
                                (((Samandans)))
                                That's really good news Chelle, I'm really happy for you . Now you get to meet Amanda not once, but 2 times this year . But when am I going to meet Mrs. Tapping?

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                But, in the meantime, another big announcement: I was exchanging emails with the lovely Amanda Tapping and I asked her whether she might be interested in doing a fan Q&A. Well, I’m happy to report that she’s more than happy to visit with us. And with production on Sanctuary’s second season poised to begin soon, she has a rare/brief window of calm before the inevitable storm. So…

If you’ve got questions for Amanda Tapping, start posting. But please avoid duplicating questions that have already been asked. Be concise and let’s avoid burying Amanda under the inevitable avalanche of well-wishes and meandering queries.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-announcement/
                                Thanks so much Jumper for posting this . Oh boy, what do I ask Amanda? *squee*

What 'bout?

Amanda, why are you so damn awesome?

Btw, every word Joe said in the box below the pic of him and Amanda, is probably every word I would have used . .

Comment

Working...
                                X