Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    That's what I liked about Macgyver as well, he was a rather modest hero who hated guns and used his intelligence to save the day on a fairly regular basis. What's not to love?
    Seems like a nice guy to hang out with too, unlike James Bond who seems like a bit of a prat.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      Perhaps it then depends on when one started watching MacGyver? Because sometimes I can turn on the tv and see a fairly old tv show that I've never watched and go "I don't get it?" or "this looks silly". But I was first watching Mac when I was very little, somewhere around 5 years old. I still remember it was on on a Friday night, and so because my dad got me at weekends, we'd watch that followed by Magnum PI. So I can still watch MacGyver now because I've got that attachment to it. It'd be like in ten years time, still having a place for Stargate SG1.
      Totally agree on this. If you didn't watch any 80's show back then you wouldn't *get them* now.
      The way they shot shows back then is old-fashioned at best. Compare Hill Street to The Shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Amanda is soo awesome...she raised $19,600 for the North Star Montessori School Elementary School in Vancouver...holy cow!!!! That's totally wicked!!
        Amanda's awesomeness!
        So...while I wish I could comment on the story, the dang thing won't accept my user name...is it the same as in the forums or do we need a totally different name/registration for that??
        Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        woooo hoooo!!

(you need a new name and thinger)

Yeah, that's amazing , go Amanda . Like I said in the comment box at that link, I've always wondered how much Amanda's really worth. 20 thousand is good, but it's still too damn cheap if you ask me .

(((Amanda)))

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ROX, TITTAMIIRE AND STRIX!!!

Wow, that's a lot of cake.
          What she said

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            Hi guys, just dropping off my question of the day . I thought about this last night and I've been thinking about it a lot. Remember when I asked y'all what you guys were like back in 97 before Stargate and Carter and all that? No, this isn't the question , but I was thinking about that last night, and I got to thinking.

1. Back in 1997 even 96, 95 or before that, well before Stargate and Carter, did any of you ever see Amanda on any other shows as a guest or even her in commercials? You know, before she became famous, and before she made a name for herself? (Before she was crowned Queen of Sci-fi )

2. If so, what did you think of her then? Did any of you think she was beautiful, did you think she was something special and she'd one day become someone important and special to us? (like our beloved Queen )Or did you think she was just another minor actress (WHICH SHE'S NOT ANYMORE! ) and didn't give her a second thought or look afterwards?
            I saw her in a movie with Angelina Jolie called Life or Something Like It. A friend and client, Melissa Errico, was also in the cast. Not a great movie but I thought she was adorable and looked her up in IMDB. At that point I didn't have cable so hadn't ever watched Stargate—I started watching the syndicated series about the same time and recognized her of course. She and RDA immediately got me hooked. I think the first episode I saw was Spirits. Then I bought the Season 1 DVD and watched the whole thing over a weekend and I started taping the show.

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              *raises hand*

I'm with Chelle on this one.

I have seen a couple of episodes of MacGyver, though. Admittedly only a couple of years ago when I was living in France. But it's not doing anything for me.
              It was a marvelous show for its time and I still enjoy watching the DVDs. It was pretty nonviolent--he didn't use guns and the stories were good. And it's always a pleasure to watch RDA. The stories weren't as "sophisticated" I guess you could say but many of them were about environmental problems and about kids and their problems. I thoroughly enjoyed the series.

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                It was a marvelous show for its time and I still enjoy watching the DVDs. It was pretty nonviolent--he didn't use guns and the stories were good. And it's always a pleasure to watch RDA. The stories weren't as "sophisticated" I guess you could say but many of them were about environmental problems and about kids and their problems. I thoroughly enjoyed the series.

donamac
                Gee...when you put it that way...nup!!...still not swayed!!
                It's not that I have anything personal against it but I'm just not entertained by it. Call me a fussy old cow but that's just me.
                I'm off folks...I had a rather eaely start today and I'll be up early again tomorrow so I kinda need some sleep,
                Take care and stay safe! (((Samandans)))
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I saw her in a movie with Angelina Jolie called Life or Something Like It. A friend and client, Melissa Errico, was also in the cast. Not a great movie but I thought she was adorable and looked her up in IMDB. At that point I didn't have cable so hadn't ever watched Stargate—I started watching the syndicated series about the same time and recognized her of course. She and RDA immediately got me hooked. I think the first episode I saw was Spirits. Then I bought the Season 1 DVD and watched the whole thing over a weekend and I started taping the show.

donamac
                  I saw that, but of course I was watching it because of Amanda. Very cute and funny, not taking herself to seriously. Tiny role, but she certainly brought life to it
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I saw her in a movie with Angelina Jolie called Life or Something Like It.
                    Interesting!!! thnx for the info.
                    Spoiler:
                    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                    (YEAR 0 - 100)
                    "O thou Sun,
                    send me as far over the earth
                    as is my pleasure and thine,
                    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                    but never hear anything of bad ones,
                    nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

if you want to comment on the main website, you need to make a whole new registration. now if you want to use your current username, that's fine, you just need to make a new account there.

and yeah, it has chilled out some of the nastiness. things were beyond vicious on the comments section. you really got to see the dark and nasty side of people
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          Gee...when you put it that way...nup!!...still not swayed!!
                          It's not that I have anything personal against it but I'm just not entertained by it. Call me a fussy old cow but that's just me.
                          I'm off folks...I had a rather eaely start today and I'll be up early again tomorrow so I kinda need some sleep,
                          Take care and stay safe! (((Samandans)))
                          MacGyver rocks! Coolest hero ever
                          Who else stops toxic waste or some sort of acid (hey it was a long time ago!) with chocolate!?! Huh!?! The man ruled and still rules
                          Last edited by kes; 19 February 2009, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Totally off topic here, but I was flicking through pics from last night's Brit Awards and saw this picture of 21 year old Florence Welch. Did make me blink for a second.

Link to MSN's picture gallery
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I've been watching "The Mentalist" this season. For those who watch it: What do you think a meeting between Patrick Jane and Sam would be like? What about with Magnus?

Comment

ooh, i'd LOVE to see patrick Jane and Magnus

she'd mop the floor with him, after he got in a few zingers of course
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X