Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    why don't we just change the name of this thread already?
    everyone is only having a laugh, there will be more amanda stuff to talk about when sanctuary returns
    Last edited by chrono trigger; 06 April 2011, 05:58 AM.
    sigpic
    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
      Be careful what you wish for!

Spoiler:
      What do you do with a wombat?

Spoiler:
      You play wom with it!

Told ya!

Mumsey
      Thanks for the laugh (and the groan!)

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        Hey, what have I told you about giggling?
        Now you sound like Jack.

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
        You mean things like the "Amanda Tapping, Goddess of the Giggling Wombats" thread?

Way back in my X-files forum days I was in something called "The Order of Saint Scully the Enigmatic". I think Helen could easily command such a title.

Also wanted to throw this in here, one of my favorite Helen lines (she does have some good ones!). This is from Kush (1x05)

Magnus: And if the gods are smiling, I'll find some tea and make us all a pot.
        Later... Oh, please tell me that that is tea.
        Will: Gods are on vacation, it's coffee.
        Magnus: Pass
        Will: Come on, it'll keep you warm.
        Magnus: I have standards, Will. Drinking coffee - far below them.
        Giggling Wombats. That works.

You were a member of the order? I never joined the order, but I did participate in two or three Scullythons. (I still have the T-shirts )
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

@amandatapping Pack your script!! xo the boss lady! RT @RyRobbins: Hmmm... have to be at the airport in about 11 hours. Perhaps I should start packing...

He'd better listen to that boss lady.

Edit: @RyRobbins @amandatapping it's right between my underwear and my snorkeling mask.

Last edited by Rocky89; 06 April 2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
            You were a member of the order? I never joined the order, but I did participate in two or three Scullythons. (I still have the T-shirts )
            OT in spoilers!
            Spoiler:
            I don't know if there was anything official about being a member but I talked with that group for a while. Somewhere I still have the Ten Commandments of Saint Scully. I have the NF shirt with the alien that Gillian designed, and one of the Scullython shirts. I love it because on the back, it reads "Not everything is about you, Mulder." Poor thing has holes at this point, so I use it for a sleep shirt. The Order was definitely epic in its own way.

ETA: I had the name wrong! I must do penance. *hangs head in shame* Here is the link to the Abbey. I have to go visit. It has been many years since my last confession.
            Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 06 April 2011, 08:41 PM.
            Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
            Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              @amandatapping Pack your script!! xo the boss lady! RT @RyRobbins: Hmmm... have to be at the airport in about 11 hours. Perhaps I should start packing...

He'd better listen to that boss lady.

Edit: @RyRobbins @amandatapping it's right between my underwear and my snorkeling mask.

i laughed so much at that!!
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                i laughed so much at that!!
                Within an hour of Amanda tweeting that, fans said they were making icons and/or gifs of Amanda saying that. I love how when Amanda says a certain thing, fans find something to do with it, like her "it's so not superhero" line.

Comment

O'Neill, is this the place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-O.
                  Yes Teal'c you said you wanted to go, so here we are.

Spoiler:

Carter is that you?

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:

Carter is that you?

I'm not the greatest fan of jello...but I do like what its being served on.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Spoiler:

Carter is that you?

Carter's secret life!

Comment

Oh my... speaking of Carter, or at least looking at her I have a serious question here. Why in all the fanfic does Sam have a reputation as a bad cook? We know she can make a souffle, so what gives?

Is it because she bought Cassie a cake instead of baking one? That just proves she's busy... not that SG-1 is ever busy or anything.
                        Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                        Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Oh my... speaking of Carter, or at least looking at her I have a serious question here. Why in all the fanfic does Sam have a reputation as a bad cook? We know she can make a souffle, so what gives?

Is it because she bought Cassie a cake instead of baking one? That just proves she's busy... not that SG-1 is ever busy or anything.
                          It fits the stereotype of the career minded, non-domestic woman.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Maybe it's because she's awesome at making souffles, but lousy at baking cakes?

Comment

Because some people take what Sam said to Turghan in Emancipation literally rather than as a captive being non cooperative.
                              -

Comment

she does say in emancipation (s1, ep4) she is a bad cook if i remember correctly
                                sigpic
                                The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X