Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
    If you watch from the front site, the Q & A works.
    Front site?

Do you mean from Sci-Fi stream? Because I entered thru www.scifi.com/sanctuary and they didn't work.

ETA: Nope, doesn't work entering and navigating thru www.scifi.com either.

Oh well.

ETA(A): Weird, RoX's link works and she did the same thing I did. Use that one folks.

Suse
    Last edited by suse; 13 September 2008, 05:33 AM.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

RoX gave a link that works on the Sanctuary thread......once your there just let it play. Once the first one is finish there is a commercial and then the second one plays.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=5823
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
        RoX gave a link that works on the Sanctuary thread......once your there just let it play. Once the first one is finish there is a commercial and then the second one plays.

Green!
        To both JanSam and RealmofX.
        Oy. Putrid green at that.

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

how about her fear of fifth in New Order?

or how pissed she was at jack in Scorched Earth for him ordering her to make her generator a bomb?

and her annoyance at Bauer and how incompetant he was
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
            REALLY?! . Whoa, that's huge, I didn't know she's was going to NYC for a/the premiere of Sanctuary . Where did you hear this?
            ! I didn't know this!
            Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
            Oop, forgot to put the link; corrected now. Just that the Sanctuary site has been inaccessible (to me?) but here, again - (http://www.mtr.org/ny-fall-series-2008-sanctuary/).

Just sayin', hope I can sleep now so I can run for tickets tomorrow!
            Wow, how do you get tickets? It's only a few hours' drive from Toronto.... No biggie.
            Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
            AWESOME! I know the feeling.
            No kidding, I'm gonna be giddy as hell for the next 6 and a half months!
            --Kate

Comment

Some very nice screencaps from the sanctuary interviews have been posted on the Sam/AT Thunk thread.

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Are these new interviews?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

They look new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sbz View Post
                    Oh, yes, the elevator scene. I still think that's such an awesome moment when she kicks the wall and then decides to go back down.

How about some other displays of emotion (any emotion that's not romantic) from Carter? Fire and Water, of course, she grieved. Great empathy for Daniel in Gamekeeper. Uneasiness and more than a little bit of fear in Thor's Chariot and Seth regarding using ribbon devices.

I'm sure there's more. Anyone else wanna play?
                    Here's probably my top 3, at least the ones that I re-watch most often.

One of my favorite emotional moments for Sam was her conversation with her Dad in Grace. AT didn't say a lot, but I just loved her expressions as Sam listened to her father talk about how much he loved her mother. I got the feeling this was something she'd wanted to hear from him since her Mom's death, but had never been able to talk to him about even after he became a Tok'ra.

Another moment I love her conversation with Martouf about Jolinar in The Tok'ra, especially the part where she talks about feeling schizophrenic, I love the way AT's voice almost breaks when she says 'schizophrenic'. As a scientist, where much of her confidence and self-identity must come from trusting her mind, it must have been devastating to be so confused about what was going on in her head.

It's a short scene, but I think end of Divide and Conquer where Sam has to kill Martouf has to be one of the most tragic scenes in Stargate. It must have been incredibly difficult for her to grant Martouf's dying request, and the final shot of Sam sitting on the ground cradling his head was just heartbreaking. I think AT did a great job of showing the grief, pain, and confusion Sam must have been feeling at that moment.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      Yes...

1. New World
                      The cast talk about their characters and the new world of "Sanctuary."

still chuckling from Chris H's pun “has a few more gifts than the average John”

2. Amanda Tapping Q &A Part One

Amanda Tapping, star of "Sanctuary" answers fan questions from San Diego Comic-Con 2008

The interviews themselves don't have spoilers to me but the scenes shown as they talk certainly do.....I think (hey I'll admit it.....I'm a spoiler whore when it comes to Sanctuary )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        how about her fear of fifth in New Order?

or how pissed she was at jack in Scorched Earth for him ordering her to make her generator a bomb?

and her annoyance at Bauer and how incompetant he was
                        Oh i just love Amanda in that ep
                        As for Heros pt 2......Evil ep....P3X 666....I cant watch it without wanting to throw up.....but I think AT does an amazing job....Cant watch the ep though....expecially one particular scene...
                        sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

"Arthur's Mantle" was on SciFi the other evening, and for the first time I noticed something in it. At the beginning, just after Sam and Cam got transferred to another dimension, Dr. Lee comes back into the lab having gone to get coffee. He's got the coffee and a bowl of blue jello. I laughed right out loud when I saw the blue jello. I assume he was bringing it for her, and thought it was really cute and sweet of him to do that.

Comment

*sigh* it's rather ridiculous how much i lack the will power to NOT watch these things!

and isn't amanda cute? i mean REALLY cute? that woman!

we need an on-site helen smiley.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Pfft, we need like, 20 smiles.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                                "Arthur's Mantle" was on SciFi the other evening, and for the first time I noticed something in it. At the beginning, just after Sam and Cam got transferred to another dimension, Dr. Lee comes back into the lab having gone to get coffee. He's got the coffee and a bowl of blue jello. I laughed right out loud when I saw the blue jello. I assume he was bringing it for her, and thought it was really cute and sweet of him to do that.
                                Yeah, I watched that the other night too. Forgot about that scene and laughed out loud when I saw the blue jello. I'd forgotten he brought that to her. I thought that was a great scene. There was actually a couple of parfait glasses of blue jello on the table in the background. Nice touch.
                                sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Working...
                                X