Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tagger View Post
    New York might be calling? They are on the East Coast already and I think they have a Sanctuary Panel in NY? I'd prefer flying Florida to NY over Vancouver to NY, but I have no idea what is asked of them. The more Sanctuary publicity, the better, I say.
    *Everyone realizes I may have lost what little remains of my mind. Right?* =)
    Making a quick jump in tonight!!!
    If Amanda and co are stopping over in NY, I hope they go on David Letterman or something. We get David Letterman here and I have for a long time wanted to see someone from Stargate appear on the show...so anyways...I was just thinking that if they're in NY then maybe it would be cool if they were on the David Letterman show. Ok...shutting up now.
    *you may have little remaining of your mind tagger but I have nothing today.*

Night all, take care and have fun!
    (((Samandans)))
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      If Amanda and co are stopping over in NY, I hope they go on David Letterman or something. We get David Letterman here and I have for a long time wanted to see someone from Stargate appear on the show...so anyways...I was just thinking that if they're in NY then maybe it would be cool if they were on the David Letterman show. Ok...shutting up now.

(((Samandans)))
      Let's get real out of all Stargate cast only Beau (he was on "Late Show with David Letterman", "Saturday Night Live" and Tonight Show) and Rick (he was on Joan Rivers, Tonight Show and Late Night with Conan O"Brien) will get that kind of recognition. Not to mention that Amanda has the drwback of being a canadian actor without mainstream recognition (yet )

Comment

I also posted my icons on the Sanctuary thread, but figured folks would like to see them here too. Some icon spamming, cause I've been iconing like crazy for the Ultimate Sanctuary Icon Challenge. Helen only, from a couple of promo pics. Everything is snurchable, but when used on Livejournal, please credit my LJ.

01. 02. 03. 04.

05. 06. 07. 08.

09. 10. 11. 12. 13.
        sigpic

Comment

01. 02. 03. 04. 05.

06. 07. 08. 09. 10.
          sigpic

Comment

01. 02. 03. 04. 05.

06. 07. 08. 09. 10.
            sigpic

Comment

And the last batch

01. 02. 03. 04. 05.

06. 07. 08. 09. 10.

11. 12. 13. 14. 15.

But Sam is a great character too
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Heeee!

I have a wee stargate in my belly.

Spoiler:
                Very nice Neep. I had my ears pierced when I was about 9 or 10 due to a bit of pressure of my mom to make me look (and hopefully!) act more like a girl, but I pretty much let the holes close up cos it just wasnt my thing. Kinda got in the way of all my sports and stuff.

Kudos for you though!

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                I just realized that I made it to 100 posts today. I'm a Jaffa Warrior now! Cool!

I'd just like to thank all of you guys again for making this thread so much fun to read and post in. It's quickly becoming my favorite way to take a break from studying for my classes.

And of course, thank you to Amanda Tapping for making Sam Carter such a great character, and for making Sanctuary the show I'm most looking forward to see this fall.
                Congrats and hopefully many more chatty days to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

(((Samandans)))
                  I'd even stay up to watch Letterman for that!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    Let's get real out of all Stargate cast only Beau (he was on "Late Show with David Letterman", "Saturday Night Live" and Tonight Show) and Rick (he was on Joan Rivers, Tonight Show and Late Night with Conan O"Brien) will get that kind of recognition. Not to mention that Amanda has the drwback of being a canadian actor without mainstream recognition (yet )
                    Evangeline Lilly is Canadian and she's been on all the talk shows. It just depends on what kind of attention the show gets. Lost is a mainstream hit. Hopefully, Sanctuary will get the attention it deserves and we'll get to see Amanda on a talk show.
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

i think it has far less to do with the actor's nationality and more to do with the show theyu're on.

evangeilne lilly is on a well known network blockbuster show while amanda has been on a syndicated then cable show...apples to oranges
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                        Heeee!

I have a wee stargate in my belly.

Spoiler:
                        http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5200/snapshot20080830vj9.jpg
                        Hey Neep that's really cool!
                        Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                        I just realized that I made it to 100 posts today. I'm a Jaffa Warrior now! Cool!

I'd just like to thank all of you guys again for making this thread so much fun to read and post in. It's quickly becoming my favorite way to take a break from studying for my classes.

And of course, thank you to Amanda Tapping for making Sam Carter such a great character, and for making Sanctuary the show I'm most looking forward to see this fall.
                        Congrats on 100 posts!

RE: The bold part and OT stuff...
                        Spoiler:
                        As of tomorrow I will be doing the same thing, Samanda, GW and the Sanctuary forums will be my place to relax after my days at college. Also tonight I'm going to a reading/audition at the theatre for out pantomime "Snow White And The Seven dwarfs"

Does anyone know if Amanda and crew are back in Vancouver yet? I was a little bit nervous for them. I hope if any Samanda's live near there that you guys are all safe.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          suse, go over here and look at the sanctuary poster. helen's face looks less airbrushed.

(look under 'signed promo poster')

sally
                          Yes, maybe a bit better. She didn't look like herself in that first one. I mean Helen isn't an alien.

Poor AT must be so tired what with filming & then these promo/convention trips. She's obviously extremely dedicated to the show (and fans).

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            Evangeline Lilly is Canadian and she's been on all the talk shows. It just depends on what kind of attention the show gets. Lost is a mainstream hit. Hopefully, Sanctuary will get the attention it deserves and we'll get to see Amanda on a talk show.
                            I think there is a chance... I've seen more promotion for Sanctuary than I ever saw for any of the Stargates....

For starters both Ausiello and Kristen from E Online have been mentioning the show.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Edb View Post
                              Question is, did anyone see via TV or whatever, Amanda and Company at the Tampa Bay Rays game earlier this afternoon?? Aren't there any Samandans down in Florida or nearby?? Just give us a whistle or a shout or something to let the rest of us know.
                              I was there!

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK View Post
                                I think there is a chance... I've seen more promotion for Sanctuary than I ever saw for any of the Stargates....

For starters both Ausiello and Kristen from E Online have been mentioning the show.
                                That's cool!! They so deserve to be a big hit.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X