Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*New to the Thread*

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I'd like to see a scenario where Sam makes a decision that goes against what everyone else thinks is right - maybe something offworld in a dangerous scenario and the others back her just because it's her - because they honor and respect her.
    I would like to see something like that too, and maybe in Season 9 will will see her role step up into even more of a leadership role...it's amazing how many different alient technologies she understands!
    sigpic

Comment

Guess The Episode:

Rename the Episode
      Add a Caption

This is probably too easy but I really just like the shot.
      Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Guess The Episode:

http://img228.exs.cx/img228/6695/pdvd0518nv.png

Rename the Episode
        Add a Caption

Kat

Isn't taht
        Spoiler:
        Uh... the one Amanda directed... crap I always forget the name! *bangs head on table* Ressurection?
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
          Isn't taht
          Spoiler:
          Uh... the one Amanda directed... crap I always forget the name! *bangs head on table* Ressurection?
          A most excellent answer!! Give da lady a prize!!! Or a blue jello if we have one available.

I so feel like laying in bed and watching Stargate today. Hmm what episodes to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            ... well, maybe Carter is collaborating with Thor on some ingenious astrophysical breakthrough ... beamed away by the little gray men just as she was reeling in that one big fish in Jack's pond! Ha! Picture that!

Better yet, write the "missing" scene.
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

Therefore, it is with fervent gratitude and delighted admiration that we honour our Royal Storyteller and Samfic Award Winner, AstroG, in Anno Domini MMV.

Kudos to the Flame Keeper!
              Gracie

Comment

Guess The Episode:

I hate these police lineups. They always pick the short one.
                Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  Now...for this pic, I took something out (something that I thought made the pic too easy to match to it's episode)... and yet, I have a feeling that many of you will be able to easily identify the episode anyway... So here's the *real* challenge: What did I edit out of the picture?

Guess The Episode

... or create your own episode title...
                  ... or create a caption for the pic...
                  Photo from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
                  Spoiler:
                  ICON

And you took out the
                  Spoiler:
                  sandbags stacked up behind them
                  Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Spoiler:
                  ICON?

Sam: Oh, crap! I forgot to TiVo "The Simpsons," "The Apprentice," AND "Desperate Housewives." The guys are gonna kill me.
                  Correct Kat and Dancer! Great job! And extra blue jello to Kat for figuring out what I photoshopped out of the pic!

Comment

Guess The Episode:
                    http://img228.exs.cx/img228/6695/pdvd0518nv.png
                    Kat
                    Great shot, Kat!
                    Spoiler:
                    Resurrection (I know that other people figured it out before I did - but I figured it out on my own and am proud of that! ... and it took me a few moments to figure out who was between Sam and Daniel - Agent B!
                    Last edited by astrogeologist; 05 April 2005, 11:00 AM.

Comment

WOW! The SaGC Thread just passed 200 pages and 4000 posts!!

To all who have posted and participated at the SaGC

Congratulations - and thanks all around - and kudos to everyone
                      for creating such a great place to come and discuss
                      the wonderful character of Sam Carter
                      the spectacular actress that is Amanda Tapping
                      and the great show that is Stargate.
                      Photo is from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
                      Last edited by astrogeologist; 05 April 2005, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Ok well it doesn't look like I'm going to get around to doing my season eight summary or if I do it will be late...but I finally made myself sit down and vote.

My top Sam episodes

Gemini, It's Good To Be King, and Reckoning II

Gemini ...because regardless of the outcome, I like that even after eight years of trauma and loss Sam has managed to still keep her compassion and trust. Regardless of what people have said about how this episode was so unlike Sam and that she would never behave this way. I have come to believe that maybe it really was just like our old Sam: to become so wrapped up in finding an answer or unlocking the mysteries of something that she often losses sight of reality for a moment. This isn't her first time. After nearly dying in metamorphasis she still wanted to study the machine without thought of what it meant to the people on the planet. During A Matter of Time, she was absolultely fascinated by the scientific aspects of the blackhole. It took Jack direct vocal interaction to pull her out of it and realize that their were people involved. It's not that I don't think Sam has a lack of compassion or feeling in these instances, but she becomes so absorbed at times it's like she has tunnel vision and the only thing she can see is what is directly in front of her. I think this became much of the case in Gemini.

It's Good To Be King - I liked seeing Sam in charge. It may not have been a lot, but it was cool seeing her give the orders. The gun scene was sweet too.

Reckoning II - We got to see intellectual/scientific Sam figure out a way to make up for what she did in Gemini. To fix the problem she caused without any bumbling, or awkwardness. It was very cool.

As much as I loved Threads as a shipper, there was just too much of Sam being unsure of herself for me to vote for it as my favorite Sam episode. Just as Moebius I & II were great, it was not OUR Sam so I didn't vote for either of them.

Comment

Guess the Episode

... or create a new episode title of your own...
                          ... or create a caption...
                          Photo is from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html

Comment

Ok well it doesn't look like I'm going to get around to doing my season eight summary or if I do it will be late...but I finally made myself sit down and vote.

My top Sam episodes

Gemini, It's Good To Be King, and Reckoning II

Gemini ...because regardless of the outcome, I like that even after eight years of trauma and loss Sam has managed to still keep her compassion and trust. Regardless of what people have said about how this episode was so unlike Sam and that she would never behave this way. I have come to believe that maybe it really was just like our old Sam: to become so wrapped up in finding an answer or unlocking the mysteries of something that she often losses sight of reality for a moment. This isn't her first time. After nearly dying in metamorphasis she still wanted to study the machine without thought of what it meant to the people on the planet. During A Matter of Time, she was absolultely fascinated by the scientific aspects of the blackhole. It took Jack direct vocal interaction to pull her out of it and realize that their were people involved. It's not that I don't think Sam has a lack of compassion or feeling in these instances, but she becomes so absorbed at times it's like she has tunnel vision and the only thing she can see is what is directly in front of her. I think this became much of the case in Gemini.

It's Good To Be King - I liked seeing Sam in charge. It may not have been a lot, but it was cool seeing her give the orders. The gun scene was sweet too.

Reckoning II - We got to see intellectual/scientific Sam figure out a way to make up for what she did in Gemini. To fix the problem she caused without any bumbling, or awkwardness. It was very cool.

As much as I loved Threads as a shipper, there was just too much of Sam being unsure of herself for me to vote for it as my favorite Sam episode. Just as Moebius I & II were great, it was not OUR Sam so I didn't vote for either of them.
                            Great reviews and comments, Kat!
                            I downloaded and archived them into the Season 8 Sam-highlight summary list

Comment

...And here I was going back through some posts and I ran across this post by NearlyCircular... and it seemed so appropriate (and fun) for our topic of Sam in command...

--------------------

Originally posted by NC:
                              NC's creen caps and Sam quotes from Nightwalkers

Sam to Jonas: "I'm going to go talk to the Sheriff. Keep an eye on Teal'c."
                              Jonas: "Sure."

Sam to Teal'c: "Keep an eye on Jonas." (Now, that's leadership! NC )

-----------------

ROTFLOL, NC - great Sam highlight!

Comment

And here's a link to an AT interview that Chopingal just referred me to... AT says a lot of the same things that she said at the Australian convention (posted earlier in the thread). OK... just got a date ... this was shot sometime between Seasons 4 and 5.

AT's Vicky Gaberau Interview

And near the end.. she says some great stuff about women... and then there is a hilarious response when the interviewer asks her about the renovations on her house... AT says, ' Yeah. Our house was built by Papa Smurf on crack' ROTFLOL!

Last edited by astrogeologist; 05 April 2005, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X