Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    'Stuck' is crap, if only for the botch editing/directing that allowed Amanda's 'nip slip'; I don't think Amanda would be too pleased to learn that such a craptacular piece is being sold...
    Actually she does know about it and I don't think she minds that fact whatsoever. Personally I dont care for your comments on it either. Remember the thread title here and you can't go wrong. If you didnt like it, just keep that fact to yourself.

Comment

I liked Stuck. It is a provocative piece, I probably won't watch it again though as it' not really something to sit down to for an afternoons entertainment.

I didn't notice the 'slip' but admit I wasn't really watching all that closely at that part.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
        Hey Everyone,
        Hehe, I was watching Solitudes yesterday to chelle
        I wondered if Sam's first fall, from the DHD down to Jack, was Amanda?? But would she have been allowed to the big fall from the hole Sam had made all the way to the bottom??? I know the actors did more of their own stunts in the early seasons but the way Sam fell made me think it was Amanda at the top before Sam started to fall and after laying at the bottom, but not during the big fall? What does everyone think? I agree about their clothes too.

I agree chelle I hold my copy of Stuck as special and I think I'm very privileged to have it. Its a fantastic movie. But I don't think Amanda knew Lindsay Bourne was selling it.

Julia(samcarterrules)
        Hey Julia!!! How are you sweetie??
        I think that when Sam fell the first time..it was Amanda...you can hear her say "ow" and it sounded very genuine...more like Amanda saying it rather than Sam...know what I mean??? So my impression is that Amanda did the falls herself.
        As for the second fall...the big one...I think it was Amanda all the way...I'm sure I've read or heard somewhere that it was her...that she didn't really get a stunt double til later in the series...but I could be wrong...she did ride that horse though in Emancipation!!!
        I think Amanda found out at AT4 that Lindsay had sold some copies of Stuck...but IIRC, she wasn't upset by it...a bit surprised but not upset.
        I won't be lending my copy out to anyone...like I said before...I have only watched it a few times and those that have watched it with me, I trust explicitly. So any illegal copies and downloads will never come from me. I'm just sad and disappointed that someone has put that scene on YT.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Happy Birthday FrostFox!!!!

Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
            I think Amanda found out at AT4 that Lindsay had sold some copies of Stuck...but IIRC, she wasn't upset by it...a bit surprised but not upset.
            Yeah she found out at AT3. I remember her saying she it wasn't available when someone asked and these hands where hesitantly put in the air to the sounds of "I/we've got it"

She then asked us and was told Lindsay was selling it. She was fine with it and discussed it a bit.
            sigpic

Comment

Rocky, I was typing an error I meant CAMEO. A (sometimes) appearence in a show or movie. (I think Hitchcock started this).

For the link, go to that site. If needed select English. Than Nominees, go way down, bottem of the page, you see search, typ in "Tapping" than search, than on her name, and yes again at the bottem of the page you can click vote. Enter your e-mail addy, you get a mail from them asking to confirm your vote.

I hope to get more Amanda dreams, I think I had one a few days ago but can't tell ya what they we're about. Bad memory lol

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Stuck would be perfectly suited as a stage play. Since it's basically one set all through. I do think the writing needs to be tweaked a bit, tightened up and the like. You could definitely tell that it was a 'three day shoot' or whatever it was.

If i was producing it on stage i would almost consider them starting the sex scene...intermission, then come back with it just over. less emphasis on the sex and more on the emotions of those involved. give it a little more feeling and heart

Having watched it, yeah, it's a total 180 from anything we've ever seen amanda in, so i think that's why she did it, to do something different. But i can also see why it's not gone anywhere (compare it to sanctuary, which is also a very non-sam role...sanctuary was made for a broad appeal so it's getting on the network, stuck is more nitch and it shows)
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think that when Sam fell the first time..it was Amanda...you can hear her say "ow" and it sounded very genuine...more like Amanda saying it rather than Sam...know what I mean??? So my impression is that Amanda did the falls herself.
                  As for the second fall...the big one...I think it was Amanda all the way...I'm sure I've read or heard somewhere that it was her...that she didn't really get a stunt double til later in the series...but I could be wrong...she did ride that horse though in Emancipation!!!
                  I won't be lending my copy out to anyone...like I said before...I have only watched it a few times and those that have watched it with me, I trust explicitly. So any illegal copies and downloads will never come from me. I'm just sad and disappointed that someone has put that scene on YT.
                  I heard or read somewhere, cant remember which now, but Sam's last major slide down the ice was unplanned and all AT. She was just supposed to carefully scoot herself down toward the bottom to where Jack was, but being the clumsy that she is in real life, AT took a very dramatic fall instead. After they stopped filming and ascertained that she was okay afterwards, besides some bruising of course, they decided to keep the scene in as is...hehe.

Happy Birthday FrostFox!!!!

Happy Birthday from me too! Hope you have a splendid day and do something totally fun to remember it by...no matter what it may be!

I've been going through some screen shots of Ripple Effect and thinking of doing a few more photoshop icons. I have always loved ep's with AU and *bounce* always love seeing Janet again...even though I think more scenes of her and Sam should have been written into this particular ep. Ah well. Think I'm gonna have to dig up the dvd later too...well after some more swimming. All these pic are making me want to watch it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                    It doesn't really bother me that Woosley is taking over. I knew he was coming in and I like the actor that plays him. It's HOW they did it that bothers me. Robert Picardo is still a great guy ... it some of the decisions that TPTB made that has me confused and displeased.
                    This is exactly what I think of it, oh and they wya the brought it + somebody here made me realise it was HUMILATING for the character and well a bit for the actress. Amanda knows she did a good job, in playing Sam in Atlantis (the other cast members accepted her) and in playing Sam in general.

But I give Woolsey a change, nothing against the actor. I see RP as a big name in SCI FI. I'm glad Stargate / Stargate - Atlantis can come up with some big names from time to time. Or easy to recognised guest actors. Of course Amanda became a big name. When are you finally gonna give her an oscar, gone with the "Americans only" approach there. Here an Oscar is way more famous than a (Leo? Anyway the Canadian variant) I bet not a lot of people here heard of it.

Sam / Helen / Amanda, we don't give up on ya, never. Not even if you'd (Amanda) become a hospital nurse, cause your good hearted ness is the reason patients will leave the hospital 1 day earlier than doctors predicted.

Comment

Happy BirthDay FrostFox

Comment

So, watched Search and Rescue...and for the first forty-two minutes I'm like 'oh cool, Sam's rockin' this eppy'. BTW, did anyone else noticed all her awesome 'hero-shots'? I even went back to the opening credits to see who was directing, because somehow it didnt seem like their usual shooting style (not that I'm complaining!)

Anyway, forty-two minutes in and then I'm left mouth agape as this amazing character gets treated like trash and made to look incompetent. Not happy. Not Woolsey's fault, I think he'll be interesting to watch....but I'd like to throw cold spaghetti at whoever came up with that scene.

The last 60 seconds aside, great episode for Sam. She was calm, confident, capable, handled herself and her people extremely well... Snaps for Sam! (Sorry, I'm going through a 'legally blonde' phase!)
                        Royal Page of Samanda
                        "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          I heard or read somewhere, cant remember which now, but Sam's last major slide down the ice was unplanned and all AT. She was just supposed to carefully scoot herself down toward the bottom to where Jack was, but being the clumsy that she is in real life, AT took a very dramatic fall instead. After they stopped filming and ascertained that she was okay afterwards, besides some bruising of course, they decided to keep the scene in as is...hehe.
                          If you watch and listen to her...you can almost hear the pain in the bumps she hits...you wouldn't get that from a stunt person...but it just added to the authenticity of it. Poor Amanda...the things she's done for her art...ouch!!! Makes you appreciate her more for it though!!
                          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          Stuck would be perfectly suited as a stage play. Since it's basically one set all through. I do think the writing needs to be tweaked a bit, tightened up and the like. You could definitely tell that it was a 'three day shoot' or whatever it was.
                          If i was producing it on stage i would almost consider them starting the sex scene...intermission, then come back with it just over. less emphasis on the sex and more on the emotions of those involved. give it a little more feeling and heart
                          Having watched it, yeah, it's a total 180 from anything we've ever seen amanda in, so i think that's why she did it, to do something different. But i can also see why it's not gone anywhere (compare it to sanctuary, which is also a very non-sam role...sanctuary was made for a broad appeal so it's getting on the network, stuck is more nitch and it shows)
                          Oh I agree...it would be fabulous as a play. And it won't appeal to everyone...I understand that...but I certainly wouldn't call it "crap"...I think I got something out of it that I totally didn't expect...I really enjoyed it for what it was.
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I think Stuck would make a great one act play, with the script tightened up. I could definitely see it doing the rounds of the fringe festivals.
                            Royal Page of Samanda
                            "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Wow I didn't know that, Amanda whump, ouch, but WTG Amanda!! its a great scene.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X