Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vball2003_1999 View Post
    Lol, probably! Gah, your Janet sig makes me so sad. I would have loved to see so much more Sam/Janet friendship, I felt like there were so many moments that called for it. Especially with Janet raising Cassie on her own, she probably needed a friend to call upon.
    There were more Sam/Janet scenes, but most of them didn't make it to the final cut, cause they didn't "further the story" That's why I love fanfic so much. It shows what the episodes leave out.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      Hi Edb! Welcome to Samanda! I'm so glad you came out of lurkdom. Each new voice adds a new perspective, a new story, and changes the face of Samanda forever. I love the way the community is enriched by what each new member brings to the thread, and wish that every "lurker" would join in!

We don't bite!!!

Well, maybe Jan and Mandy do, but they've got a special condition.

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
      TJ....I might be very jet lagged but not enough to let you get away with that....

***Smacks TJ***

Welcome Edb!!! And your safe....Mandy's not awake enough to bite.
      *wakes up enough to respond*

Now you see, you have to worry more about JanSam's smacking, than me biting anyone.

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
      ***hold ups shiny object***

must distract PengYn from warning the newbies.

**pats PengYn**
      Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      ^^Just doing some correcting

Ooh shiny!
      PengYn...look away from the shiny object.

Good now that I have your attention, you seemed to have survived AT3 fine, without any bites (well from me anyway )...I however did get tackled by a certain Penguin

Oh and welcome to the thread Edb
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

To be honest, I doubt AT4 would be in August...

Firstly, by pushing it back to November time again, the G4 will give themselves more time.
        Ah,time. That most precious commodity which disappears into the ether...truth is WE don't have a date set for AT4 so hang fire on the speculation peeps.

Secondly, on purely budget related issues, it is cheaper all round to do something in November than in the summer months. Hotels are cheaper, flights are cheaper... it brings the costs down and allows the G4 to do more spectacular stuff.
        More spectacular?? Eek please give us a break......no pressure then...how much more do you guys want???? No, actually don't answer that!

I have a feeling the budget would have been very tight this year if it weren't for the first part of Amanda's trip being covered by Fox.
        [blinks] Okay I don't know where you heard something like that but I can assure you FOX did not contribute to GABITs costs for bringing Amanda over for AT3 in any way. They were however kind enough to donate some goodies for the charities at AT3.

And it's not just a case of it being cheaper to accommodate Amanda. By having the event when prices are cheaper, they are going to attract more attendees as well.
        You would think so but experience has shown us, no matter what time of year there will always be people who can and can't make it. In the end we have to consider three criteria. Most important is
        Amanda....
        her preferences and availability are key.

Next,
        The G4 and Staff. GABIT doesn't function without us so if we can't make it it's not gonna happen.

Venue.
        Availability.

At the end of the day... you can't please everyone all the time and you can't please some people any of the time. So we have to ensure Amanda can come and we can do the Event and hope enough other people will be willing and able to come along for the ride.

I could be seriously wrong, but I have a gut feeling of an autumn / winter date rather than late summer. What with money issues and competing with the "big" cons, I don't think Gabit would do it.
        We do our thing, our way, that's why we have survived two postponements, and now have three very successful events under our belts. We are thrilled that Amanda wants to do AT4 and that we can start planning it for 2009.
        However, we all have some other projects we need to concentrate on between now and September so as much as you'd like more information, it's not going to be forthcoming for a while. They say patience is a virtue. Please be virtuous!

*waits for the G4 to come in and stomp all over her theory*
        Stomp? We don't do stomping, more like a gentle course correction.

hugs
        Becky, Julia, Kay & John
        G4

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          PengYn...look away from the shiny object.

Good now that I have your attention, you seemed to have survived AT3 fine, without any bites (well from me anyway )...I however did get tackled by a certain Penguin

Now does that sound like something I would do!?

don't answer that

Jan and Mandy brought me a polarbear which I had to carry around the entire Saturday because I was too lazy to take it back to my room. So after Amanda told her story about the Arctic and the way the polar bears cover the eyes so that you can't spot them, some of us took a few pictures during "over tired" time of Jandy playing peek-a-boo ready to pounce on eager explorers... admittedly most of them were just eager because the bar was several feet away.

sigpic

Comment

Now you see, you have to worry more about JanSam's smacking, than me biting anyone.
            Mandy's bites aren't fatal. She has her shots. hehehehehe

suse
            very happy her 2nd suitcase finally arrived home
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
              Mandy's bites aren't fatal. She has her shots. hehehehehe

suse
              very happy her 2nd suitcase finally arrived home
              Glad you received your suitcase and hope it was all in one piece.

I just noticed your avatar. Is that the Swedish Chef from The Muppets? If so, he is(was) my favorite Muppet! I just love him. Him and the two old guys on the balcony......LOL! Hadn't thought of them in years Very cool avatar

Who do you suppose is Sam's favorite Muppet?

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                **snipped**

We do our thing, our way, that's why we have survived two postponements, and now have three very successful events under our belts. We are thrilled that Amanda wants to do AT4 and that we can start planning it for 2009.
                However, we all have some other projects we need to concentrate on between now and September so as much as you'd like more information, it's not going to be forthcoming for a while. They say patience is a virtue. Please be virtuous!

Stomp? We don't do stomping, more like a gentle course correction.

hugs
                Becky, Julia, Kay & John
                G4
                Other projects that would be more important than Amanda??

Virtuous??? No, probably not...patient I might be able to pull off just because you asked so very nicely
                sigpic

otoole/Erin

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                  However, we all have some other projects we need to concentrate on
                  Hmmm, could that be Getting Amanda Back In Toronto aka GABITo
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

That would actually work as she was raised there. And I'd go as right now we are so close to parity dollar-wise and it's a relatively close and easy plane trip.

Not a chance though.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      they're danged if they do and danged if they don't no matter what they choose. do it after school starts and they'll be deluged with 'but taht's not fair, i go to school and can't come because of that'. there's also the weatehr to consider. IIRC, one reason AT3 was in may was because - at AT2 - Amanda wanted to have a con when the weatehr was nicer rather than in november.

At the end of the day, Amanda's schedule and what the hotel has open will govern the dates far more than affordable air fare or convenience
                      Yeah... I'm hoping one day an AT event will be planned when I can come...but I'm not getting my hopes up.
                      Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      Maybe TPTB can't understand either?

Comment

No, I believe it's Get Amanda Back In Texas.

Comment

how about
                          Get
                          Amanda
                          Back
                          In
                          Topeka

(or actually in it for the first time )

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                            No, I believe it's Get Amanda Back In Texas.
                            Get Amanda Back In Tidewater*.

*Tidewater: An area of Virginia very near the ocean - Norfolk, Hampton, Portsmouth - the names are right at least.

Yeah, I know it's a stretch. But I *made* it fit, dagnabit!

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              how about
                              Get
                              Amanda
                              Back
                              In
                              Topeka

(or actually in it for the first time )

For a few regulars on this thread:

Get
                              Amanda
                              Back
                              In
                              Tennesee

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

That should be doable. Don't a couple of G4 folks travel to Canada regularly? And no passport woes for Amanda.

I think that should be the next locale!
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X