Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
    Thanks for the good vibes, everyone. I got the job, so I'm now a permanent teacher in Dunstable.... whooooot! I start after Easter, so not far away!

There were about 23 applicants for a maximum of four teaching posts! Amazing!
    Congrats! Does this mean Ames can spend more money at AT3?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

What would Sam's greatest achievement out of a lifetime of great achievements be? *ponders*
      Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Well I think Sam would think of the bonds with her team.
      In career terms, Sam's saved the world so many times, I don't know if I could narrow it down. Maybe her figuring out the Gate in the first place.

That would be a very hard question for Sam... I agree with Jckfan the personal achievement would be the close bond with her team. Getting to know her father as a friend... their relationship sounded rather rocky in her youth.

Professional achievements: lol wow there are so many... the gate would certainly be top of the list because without it SG-1 wouldn't have been formed. I think another great moment was blowing up a sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I just heard.. Project Hugs is on its way.

Ok, so we've never heard that name before, i just made it up

anyway, it was originally meant that all the notes of encouragement would be e-mailed to Amanda, but sooooo many lovely notes poured in that it was decided that they would be mailed to her since - on a computer screen - it'd just be kinda ponderous to read. (the whole collection came out at over FIFTY pages of notes from all over the world)

So, your lovely notes should be reaching her sometime next week or so, depending on the efficiency of hte postal system.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to send in something.

Without you guys, this woulda been a very short little thing
        Thanks so much for all your work on this project!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
          Hey everyone,

Did anyone in the UK read their Sky magazine this month? It says their showing the AoT movie on Easter Monday, can they do that when it won't even be released in the UK yet? I thought it was supposed to be DVD release only? Unless I've read the magazine wrong or something.

Julia(samcarterrules)
          Nope. You read it right. It looks as though Sky 1 is showing it at 9pm on Easter Monday. We shall see. The synopsis is correct, so I don't think they have it wrong.

Mumsey
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Congrats! Does this mean Ames can spend more money at AT3?
            Ummmm.... no. This just means we don't have to cancel our charmed tickets

In seriousness, Amy's just had a huge expense, seeing as she's kinda, sorta been..... politely asked by the government... to go back to Canada.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

In seriousness, Amy's just had a huge expense, seeing as she's kinda, sorta been..... politely asked by the government... to go back to Canada.
              Persona non grata, huh? Well you're always welcome here, Ames.

Comment

I tried to tell her not to Stalk Amanda while Amanda was in town...but she woudn't listen to me. *for the sarcastically challenged, I'm just teasing Amy I know she wouldn't stalk Amanda or anyone.

Sorry to hear this TJ & Ames. That kinda bites. *hugs TJ & Ames*
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Thanks so much for all your work on this project!
                  sweet I hope Amanda feels the love. oh my God just saw this on the shipper thread major spoilers for Continuum -Dont say I didn't warn you

still okay well here it is

Let the speculation begin!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

What would Sam's greatest achievement out of a lifetime of great achievements be? *ponders*
                    She's managed to work with Rodney without punching him in the nose

Or maybe

She punched Ba'al in the nose and lived to tell about it

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                      I remember Fame the series. It was at the time a wonderful little show.
                      Debbie Allen, Nia Pepples, Lori Singer, ...etc. Loved the movie that started the series also.

I can see Sam watching a episode or two just for her type of fun. The dance moves, giving various explaintions of mass and lift. Amanda may have watched it just to take a look.
                      I can't picture 'Sam' watching it, but definitely could see Amanda watching the show.

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
                        sweet I hope Amanda feels the love. oh my God just saw this on the shipper thread major spoilers for Continuum -Dont say I didn't warn you

omg *stares in shock*
                        The expression on her face is so emotional.

I just watched Amanda's appearence on Extra. Shes too awesome, and her hair is so gorgeous!! *hugs*

Comment

oy I saw the scrambled pic last night and I said I wouldn't look, because I didn't want to be spoiled.. lol that lasted less than a day Thanks for the pic!

Spoiler:
                          I'm not sure what it means... He was shot in the shoulder not in the heart, so perhaps he isn't dead. It's also an alternate time movie so perhaps that is one of the reasons they have to go back to save Jack. And besides Daniel has died about every other season and made it back ... so if Jack is dead he will not be for very long

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                            Nope. You read it right. It looks as though Sky 1 is showing it at 9pm on Easter Monday. We shall see. The synopsis is correct, so I don't think they have it wrong.

Mumsey
                            That's so cool, I can't wait to see it I'll probably still buy the DVD when its released.

OK, I failed, I looked at the spoiler! *feels bad* but......OMG!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

These are definitely great achievements :

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                              That would be a very hard question for Sam... I agree with Jckfan the personal achievement would be the close bond with her team. Getting to know her father as a friend... their relationship sounded rather rocky in her youth.

Professional achievements: lol wow there are so many... the gate would certainly be top of the list because without it SG-1 wouldn't have been formed. I think another great moment was blowing up a sun.
                              Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                              She's managed to work with Rodney without punching him in the nose

Or maybe

She punched Ba'al in the nose and lived to tell about it
                              there are so many so how do you pick one?

Oh! Flying the asteroid through earth was super cool and saved the Earth yet again.

*adds to list*
                              *goes off to think up some more*
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                                HI EVERYONE!(WAVES)

OT:Tommorow is going to nervis day for me i have a job interview i'm a little scared but i'm thinking positive i hope i've prepared right for it if i get to nervis i'll just think about Amanda,Sanctuary, Atlantis & Sg-1

Wow, sounds like Job Central lately - good luck to you hm, and congrats to you, TJ, on the teaching position!

The photo of Jack in Continuum made me think that
                                Spoiler:
                                he was shot in the head the way the blood is pooling which of course would make it even worse
                                ... I just hope that Amanda is able to commit to future movies!

As much as I support her new direction, there is a part of me that can't quite believe she is hanging up her combat boots and vacating her trailer at Bridge. Sigh, sob, so gonna miss Sam Carter.

And the lifetime achievement award goes to Sam Carter for ... great question! I still think of blowing up a sun as one of her sterling moments but that's already been said. This gives everyone a chance to go back to their boxed sets and re-watch some of the old eppies.

Here's another question for Samandans. Now that Sam is leaving, how will you get your daily dose of Sam?

For me: 1) boxed sets
                                2) reading Stargate fanfic, esp. Samfic
                                3) writing Stargate fanfic, esp. Samfic
                                4) coming to the Sam thread which, I hope, goes on and on and on even if Sam doesn't.

Are there other ways to keep Sam around? Please jump in here and share them!
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 28 February 2008, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X