Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be dense, but...

how do you all know when member's birthdays are?

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
      Happy Birthday, LadyJeep! I hope you have a wonderful day!

I found an essay that may interest some of you --the author talks about, super-heroines, clothing, and of course Sam Carter (oh, and Emma Peel of course):

http://romancebandits.blogspot.com/2...king-butt.html
      OOh thanks for that I did indeed find that an interesting read *g* YAY Sam kicking ass. I do feel fortunate being of the generation that had such great female role models rattling around.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
      Thanks for the good vibes, everyone. I got the job, so I'm now a permanent teacher in Dunstable.... whooooot! I start after Easter, so not far away!

There were about 23 applicants for a maximum of four teaching posts! Amazing!
      Woo well done! Those good teaching jobs are much sought after (as oppossed to the lousy ones) the last job my mum applied for there were over four hundred applicants for four teaching posts *blink blink* Good luck with your new job!
      sigpic
      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Off-topic video, but well worth watching if you haven't seen it. I thought you all might be interested. Maybe not so OT as I could see AT giving a similar inspirational lecture.

Comment

Have a wonderful birthday LadyJeep
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
            Sorry to be dense, but...

how do you all know when member's birthdays are?
            we do have a list, but go to the forum main page and scroll to the bottom

there's a list of the day's birthdays
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              we do have a list, but go to the forum main page and scroll to the bottom

there's a list of the day's birthdays
              What!!!!

Jan keeps telling me it's her ESP

Oh and Happy Birthday TJ and congratulations Lady Jeep

or was that the other way around
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                What!!!!

Jan keeps telling me it's her ESP
                Yeah, thanks, Sky ruin my fun

Happy Birthday LadyJeep!

And Congrats TJ .....never doubted you'd get it!

sigpic

Comment

hey look, it's a fic
                  http://community.livejournal.com/sg1...hon/17238.html

and sorry Jan
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    hey look, it's a fic
                    http://community.livejournal.com/sg1...hon/17238.html

and sorry Jan
                    Apology accepted since you come bearing fics.

Of course no way I'm going to get through all those SG fics for the awards by the deadline.....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                      Happy Birthday, LadyJeep! I hope you have a wonderful day!

I found an essay that may interest some of you --the author talks about, super-heroines, clothing, and of course Sam Carter (oh, and Emma Peel of course):

http://romancebandits.blogspot.com/2...king-butt.html
                      Very interesting, thanks for posting!

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                      Thanks for the good vibes, everyone. I got the job, so I'm now a permanent teacher in Dunstable.... whooooot! I start after Easter, so not far away!

There were about 23 applicants for a maximum of four teaching posts! Amazing!
                      Congrats!! Great job!!

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                      Off-topic video, but well worth watching if you haven't seen it. I thought you all might be interested. Maybe not so OT as I could see AT giving a similar inspirational lecture.

Fantastic video. I watched part, then re-started it and had my daughter watch, too.

I cried at the end, though.

Quite a guy.
                      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                      Quint Studer

Comment

Happy Birthday LadyJeep!!

So, it's Wednesday afternoon and I have finished uni for the week. I am so tired, especially since I had 5 hours of back to back classes today.

((Samanda))
                        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                          Happy Birthday LadyJeep!!

So, it's Wednesday afternoon and I have finished uni for the week. I am so tired, especially since I had 5 hours of back to back classes today.

((Samanda))
                          Five hours is hardcore! I hope they were good classes at least!

Comment

Squeaking in under the (East Coast) wire...
                            Originally posted by Alan View Post
                            Happy Birthday,
                            LadyJeep!!!
                            suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes!!! Just getting in from celebrating and had a great time.
                              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                              Hic Comitas Regit
                              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_Izzy View Post
                                Five hours is hardcore! I hope they were good classes at least!
                                Very hardcore. But very entertaining. My media lecturer has like ADHD or something. The entire time he was talking he was bouncing a stress ball around, and used it as a pointer (throwing it against the screen and stuff) and pretending to be a bowler for a cricket game and stuff. And one person came in late, and he threw the ball in their direction. It didn't make it. Instead it whacked someone else in the head and landed back in his hand. Big LOLZ from the class.
                                Originally posted by LadyJeep View Post
                                Thanks everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes!!! Just getting in from celebrating and had a great time.
                                Glad you had a good time. Hope you're not too sober drunk.
                                sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                                "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                                My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X