No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick reminder of the names that you can vote for for our star!!

You can vote for any one of these....

Julia's Samanda
    Samanda
    Hic Comitas Regit
    Tappinator
    Blue Jello Rules

Voting ends tomorrow at 5pm (UK Time) I've given a little extra time because I am late posting the reminder. Sorry about that I meant to post it earlier but its been a busy day So if you haven't voted yet...GO PM ME QUICK!

Thanks

Julia(samcarterrules)
    Last edited by samcarterrules; 17 January 2008, 06:27 AM.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Oooh, I wonder if she's wearing the high heel combat boots
      LOL nah I've checked in a couple of pics and she wears the same boots.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky456 View Post

Hmm, if you don't mind me asking, what easter thing, and how do you know Kamil sent her the link?
        Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
        The Easter story was a Stargate SG1 story written by a whole group of us writers on Samanda, and illustrated by some wonderful Samandans as well. (I'm sure Sky knows how many!)

Julia
        G4

Here's the link to the story (Symbiosis) in case you wanted to read it. Click on special projects and it will direct you to it.

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...ripts/eFiction

The project was great fun and I hope we do another one sometime!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
          You know...I've been giving this some thought and I think that these kinds of things would be much easier for Amanda if she were to finally acknowledge once and for all that she is a blond amazon goddess and that people are of course going to feel compelled to fall before her in awe and wonder and kiss her blond amazon goddess feet.

I'm just sayin.'
          *slaps Über's hand*

You're being weird again. Whatever did Amanda do to deserve you?

BTW, that question was rhetorical.

The fan attitude that really bothers me is when people act like the actor owes them something for being a fan. I remember the vitriol thrown about when Brent Spiner and Jennifer Lien weren't doing cons. Just because they were on Star Trek doesn't mean that it was something they had to do. As far as I'm concerned, both had good reason. Brent had literally been mobbed at a con, and Jennifer was very shy. I also hate it when people say nasty things to the con guests. I knew someone who said "God, I want to <snip> you" to Marina Sirtis in an autograph line. Can you imagine how she must have felt?

Amanda seems to have a real gift for connecting with her fans. At Shore Leave, when I thanked her for an autograph after she had been signing for over two hours, she made a point of looking me in the eye when she said "you're welcome" and interrupted signing the next picture to do it.

I respect Amanda more for her graciousness and compassion than for her acting skills, which I think are tremendous.
          Last edited by Skydiver; 16 January 2008, 03:56 PM.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post

The fan attitude that really bothers me is when people act like the actor owes them something for being a fan.
            If they "owe" us anything, it's just to do the best job they can acting. AT has often said in interviews she comes to conventions to thank the fans for their support. But as you say, she doesn't "owe" us.

I think the thing that endears her to us (one of the things) is that she has stayed down to earth. I often wonder what her family thinks of all the adulation.
            "Geez, it's just Amanda. what's the big deal?"
            Or "We think she's pretty great, isn't it great that they love her?" --probably some combination.

Comment

Another Vancouver con flight story.

Becky made one of her quotes quilts for the Gatecon charity auction and she hadn't quite finished it when we left, (the binding around the edge needed hand sewing down.) So once the flight was under way, she got it out and we both started to sew from either end. We were sitting in the three seat section of the cabin and the elderly lady sitting on the other seat was saying that she didn't think she could take embroidery on the plane (it was after 911) and so was left with nothing to do. Becky, half joking, said that she had a spare needle and the lady was so chuffed that she had something to do and joined in. The binding was done pretty quickly after that. It caused quite a stir in the cabin and by the time we got to Vancouver, everyone knew about Gatecon, Stargate and the charity aspect of Sci Fi conventions. Lets hope we did the image some good on that one! I get really fed up with the hackneyed image of Sci Fi congoers all dressed up in costumes. Some of us do, and very good they look too, but it's not what we go for!

Kay aka Mumsey
              Mine of silly flight stories.
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I think my funniest story was flying to my second gatecon and i flew down to dallas to meet up with my 2 roomies. we got on the plane and low and behold, our pilot was Captain Hammond

needless to say the flight crew didn't quite get what we were laughing about
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  I think my funniest story was flying to my second gatecon and i flew down to dallas to meet up with my 2 roomies. we got on the plane and low and behold, our pilot was Captain Hammond

Hee Hee Hee. I hope I have some great con stories too.

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    I know that is what her bio says but I think she could be taller. Has anyone noticed when she stands next to other people who are 5'9" (like Claudia Black and Michael Beach) that she appears to be taller?
                    i believe i read (from amanda) that she's 5'8 and 3/4ths inches. so not quite 5'9".

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                      Amanda seems to have a real gift for connecting with her fans. At Shore Leave, when I thanked her for an autograph after she had been signing for over two hours, she made a point of looking me in the eye when she said "you're welcome" and interrupted signing the next picture to do it.

I respect Amanda more for her graciousness and compassion than for her acting skills, which I think are tremendous.
                      Yeah, she made a special point to make eye contact with me, too. That's one of the things that blew me away at GABIT last year.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                        I sent a message to Samanda back in July (I think) about this.
                        Yes, I sent it to Amanda all nicely packaged up last Easter, and over the summer she told me personally that she had read it and thought it was *awesome*.
                        So rest assured that she appreciated it very much!
                        The Easter story was a Stargate SG1 story written by a whole group of us writers on Samanda, and illustrated by some wonderful Samandans as well. (I'm sure Sky knows how many!)
                        It was bound and sent to her personally by me on behalf of the Samandan writers and contributors. Kamil didn't therefore need to send her the link because she had the actual "book" in her hands, and I sat in front of her and she told me personally that she had read it and it was awesome back in June in Vancouver, so we definitely know she read it and liked it.
                        Regarding the Christmas greetings. You could ask Kamil but he is very reliable in collecting greetings and perhaps it didn't arrive, but at least you sent her an actual card so that's some compensation!
                        Hope this helps.
                        Julia
                        G4
                        Awww...thank you Julia...that is so cool!!!
                        You know...I've been giving this some thought and I think that these kinds of things would be much easier for Amanda if she were to finally acknowledge once and for all that she is a blond amazon goddess and that people are of course going to feel compelled to fall before her in awe and wonder and kiss her blond amazon goddess feet.
                        I'm just sayin.'
                        And you say it so well!!!!
                        My sense is though that Amanda is one of those types who gets it while at the same time feels truly humbled by the experience.
                        My silliness about her being a blond amazon goddess aside (although we all KNOW it's true )...I think Amanda is one of the most thoroughly down to earth people in the entertainment industry.
                        She's only human...prone to being fallible...with her own share of problems and failings just like the rest of us. It just so happens though that she has this really cool job that people recognize her for...and the right attitude and personality to recognize and understand the responsibility that goes with that really cool job that people recognize her for.
                        My term for Amanda is that she is the antidiva...about as UNfull of herself as anyone I've ever seen in showbiz...and that's why it's a real delight and honor to count myself amongst her "fans"...amongst those who can raise their hands and acknowledge my appreciation for not only the cool characters she plays, but for the cool woman behind those roles.
                        Wow...
                        Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                        I know that is what her bio says but I think she could be taller. Has anyone noticed when she stands next to other people who are 5'9" (like Claudia Black and Michael Beach) that she appears to be taller?
                        Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i believe i read (from amanda) that she's 5'8 and 3/4ths inches. so not quite 5'9".
                        sally
                        I think it has to do with camera angles and positions and shoes...but you're right Sally...I do recall Amanda saying something about being not quite 5'9!
                        Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                        Another Vancouver con flight story.
                        Becky made one of her quotes quilts for the Gatecon charity auction and she hadn't quite finished it when we left, (the binding around the edge needed hand sewing down.) So once the flight was under way, she got it out and we both started to sew from either end. We were sitting in the three seat section of the cabin and the elderly lady sitting on the other seat was saying that she didn't think she could take embroidery on the plane (it was after 911) and so was left with nothing to do. Becky, half joking, said that she had a spare needle and the lady was so chuffed that she had something to do and joined in. The binding was done pretty quickly after that. It caused quite a stir in the cabin and by the time we got to Vancouver, everyone knew about Gatecon, Stargate and the charity aspect of Sci Fi conventions. Lets hope we did the image some good on that one! I get really fed up with the hackneyed image of Sci Fi congoers all dressed up in costumes. Some of us do, and very good they look too, but it's not what we go for!
                        Kay aka Mumsey
                        Mine of silly flight stories.
                        I love your flight stories...how awesome...keep em coming!!!
                        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        Hehehe...what we need is more folks using their camera's to catch the humor!!

I'm off til much later...have to do some RL stuff...go figure!!! TTFN!!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Wow...no one posted since...well it's been ages...where are the Samandans???
                          Night guys...take care, be safe and have fun!
                          (((Samanda)))
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            Wow...no one posted since...well it's been ages...where are the Samandans???
                            Night guys...take care, be safe and have fun!
                            (((Samanda)))
                            I'll take "SLEEPING" for $200 Alex.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'm sorry...were you sleeping Über??? I didn't mean to disturb your beauty sleep...I just wanted to talk about our favorite person...and it was so darn lonely in here...still is...now I'm off to get some rest....had too much excitement for one night already!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

That's what I should be doing!!

The second part of the transcript for Amanda's interview over at Sci-Fi Talk is available now. You can get it here
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X