X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday Minigeek!!!
    sigpic

Comment

I have one question. Who's got the keys to the Royal Liquor Cabinet? It's almost time for a little rum in my holiday nog. Ok, I know it's before noon here, but it may take some time to locate the key. Besides, it's after 5pm in London...
      Not to mention that I'm sure someone needs to make what my family calls "booze balls"--those yummy truffle things with rum or flavored brandy...
      My sister makes them with quite a kick. I'm like Jack drinking Skaara's moonshine when I eat those. (Love Sam's reaction to that, btw--how's that for on topic? )
      (really, jckfan's ordinarily not much of a drinker.) hic!

Comment

Happy Birthday Mini!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          I can clear up the mystery over minigeek's birthdays. You see, she's been hiding something from us. Mini has Multiple Personality Disorder. She has 37 different personalities, and they all celebrate different birthdays. (Except for the twins, of course. They have the same birthday.)

The Geek is the primary personality that plays on Gateworld. One evening while she was online, the 12 year old personality known as Trevor the Naughty Boy came out and changed mini's profile to his birthday. Mini was, of course, in a fugue state while this happened, so she had no idea that any change had been made.

Mini has 27 alters here on Gateworld. For anyone else, they would be called sock puppets, but mini's personalities do not agree, so they frequently debate each other, especially on the Carter in Atlantis threads. Shockingly, only 24 of her personalities are proCarter. We don't see all of them here on Samanda because they're so busy drooling in the Thunk threads, most notably resurgamlaura in the Corin Nemec thread. Mini goes by Replicartertje, PengYn and chelle db over on the Sam/Jack love thread, and she's kiwigater on the sulky thread.

Here on Samanda, mini gets around. When she's feeling responsible and/or writing-addicted, she is Skydiver. She's Mandy when she wants to stir up trouble, and JanSam the Fugitive when Mandy's on a roll. She's obviously multitalented considering she's TracyJane the Multilingual, hastiekiddo the Screencaps Queen and NearlyCircular of birthday cake fame. She's SunKrux the Witty and Tagger the Joker, Antoa the Fangurl and Neep the Irrepressible, Alan and Agent Dark the token guys. She's our wise elder stateswomen Chopingal and donamac, Jckfan the Straightshooter, and the well-loved Deejay. Last but certainly not least, she's suse the Undefinable and Oooooooober the Inexplicable. I, scifithinker, am another's personality and not one of mini's alters.

Samanda would certainly be less interesting were it not for minigeek's personalities.

So I wish Trevor the Naughty Boy a happy birthday, and will send mini a gift certificate for a year's worth of thrice-weekly sessions of psychotherapy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINIGEEK!

Public Service Announcement: For those of you who might not know, MPD happens when a child is so severely abused that the personality shears into different parts. One personality is usually the one present when the abuse is occurring. The others are responsible for dealing with the aftermath. The personalities are of different ages, genders and even races. They each have a different skills set. One may be the social one while another is studious. One may be a brilliant violinist while the others can't play at all. One may be a frightened three year old, and another a rebellious teen. It is very difficult to treat, and the personalities may never reintegrate, even with years of treatment.
          LOL! That's awesome! But the twins could have different birthdays. Like Eileen and her twin.

Happy Birthday Mini!
          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
            Happy Birthday Mini!!!
            From me too!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
              Mini has 27 alters here on Gateworld. For anyone else, they would be called sock puppets, but mini's personalities do not agree, so they frequently debate each other, especially on the Carter in Atlantis threads. Shockingly, only 24 of her personalities are proCarter. We don't see all of them here on Samanda because they're so busy drooling in the Thunk threads, most notably resurgamlaura in the Corin Nemec thread. Mini goes by Replicartertje, PengYn and chelle db over on the Sam/Jack love thread, and she's kiwigater on the sulky thread.
              I'm not...me? I'm her?

*Runs around in circles*

I've been working in a shop all day, dealt with an insane dog at home, am officially knackered and you've given me a identity crisis! Aaaargh!

And the other personalites don't even help with the essays. Bloody cheek, I tell you.

This is all very confusing and my brain is tired and also very, very small. Can't deal. I believe that its shallow thunking time *trots off to the Jonas thread- aka 'The Happy Place'
              sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

*holds key up* Here we go *unlocks the bar for the holidays*

Anything to save me from Celine's incessant warbling. Thank goodness it's nearly over!
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

*Sneaks back*

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  I have one question. Who's got the keys to the Royal Liquor Cabinet? It's almost time for a little rum in my holiday nog. Ok, I know it's before noon here, but it may take some time to locate the key. Besides, it's after 5pm in London...
                  Not to mention that I'm sure someone needs to make what my family calls "booze balls"--those yummy truffle things with rum or flavored brandy...
                  My sister makes them with quite a kick. I'm like Jack drinking Skaara's moonshine when I eat those. (Love Sam's reaction to that, btw--how's that for on topic? )
                  (really, jckfan's ordinarily not much of a drinker.) hic!
                  Yep. Sober as a judge. Or a nun. Not medieval monks though, they were all drunk as skunks.

Of course jckfan bears no resemblance to the latter ever, ever, ever. True.

I would mini happy birthday, but now I'm really confused. Is it my birthday too? But my birthday's in a couple of weeks...or are the personalities separate enough to warrant different birthdays and therefore 27 lots of cake?Why must scifithinker mess with my head on a regular basis? Its all very strange...
                  sigpic

Comment

*hic*

I have a 17 hour flight tomorrow. I need it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, I am not going to reveal any spoilers for AOT but I will just say this. I have made it no secret that I've only ever "kinda liked" Sam as an individual character (I like her better in pairings or in a team context). SGA has actually made me like her less But, after watching AOT...

I OFFICIALLY LOOOOVE SAMANTHA CARTER!

I just thought I'd share that with the one group I knew would appreciate it. Seriously, I know some Sam-fans didn't like AOT...but coming from a completely different place...this is the first time I have really just adored the character for the character.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                        *hic*

I have a 17 hour flight tomorrow. I need it!
                        My mum isn't much of a drinker, but when flying from London to Miami with my nana often orders a vodka just to knock her out for duration

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                        Okay, I am not going to reveal any spoilers for AOT but I will just say this. I have made it no secret that I've only ever "kinda liked" Sam as an individual character (I like her better in pairings or in a team context). SGA has actually made me like her less But, after watching AOT...

I OFFICIALLY LOOOOVE SAMANTHA CARTER!

I just thought I'd share that with the one group I knew would appreciate it. Seriously, I know some Sam-fans didn't like AOT...but coming from a completely different place...this is the first time I have really just adored (in addition to respecting her).

-Stef
                        Awesome
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                          My mum isn't much of a drinker, but when flying from London to Miami with my nana often orders a vodka just to knock her out for duration
                          *ponders*

Hm.

They have vodka at duty free right?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                            *ponders*

Hm.

They have vodka at duty free right?
                            Oh, yes. Although not sure that swigging from the bottle you've put in your handluggage is quite form- might get funny looks. Neither is getting tipsy before you board the plane- you still have to have the final passport checks, and if they pick you to do a search and get you to take you shoes, etc off then it might be a problem Nope, ask for double on the plane (you'll be worn out by then anyway, what with all the airport-at-Christmas-hell thing) and hopefully drift off
                            sigpic

Comment

Fic Update.

The Enemy Within

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                                I'm not...me? I'm her?

*Runs around in circles*

I've been working in a shop all day, dealt with an insane dog at home, am officially knackered and you've given me a identity crisis! Aaaargh!

And the other personalites don't even help with the essays. Bloody cheek, I tell you.

This is all very confusing and my brain is tired and also very, very small. Can't deal. I believe that its shallow thunking time *trots off to the Jonas thread- aka 'The Happy Place'
                                You've always had an identity crisis. You just never noticed before.

Of course the other personalities don't help with the essays. That's your job.

Don't pull a jckfan and start drinking. You can handle it right now. Just take my word for it.

*licks* *slurps*

Neep, the licking has begun anew. Come out, come out wherever you are.
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Working...
                                X