Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
    Lol. I had to do that too! But cause I had a week off work, and I'm getting worse again I'm gonna have to borrow money off ma to send cards.
    Lol...I've had two and a half weeks off work while we wait for it to snow enough to open my mountain....hopefully this weekend! Heh....it's a darn good job the pound is so strong against the dollar.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
    WooHoo!! Just make sure you email Sky and let her know!!!!!

Night all again...just got back from seeing dad in the hospital...he's looking and sounding so much better...doctor says things should only get better from now on...yay!!!
    I told him that everyone sends their best wishes and he just shook his head, looked down to his hands and was totally speechless...and that's saying something from dad...not that he can talk much anyway...the first thing affected by the cancer was his voice...he won't ever get it back the way it used to be...he kinda sounds like the Godfather! Anyway...just updated my myspace blog again and now I'm off to finish this coffee....mmmmm....coffee...is there anything it can't do?!!
    (((Thank you everyone!)))...from me and my dad....and the whole clan!!!!
    YAY! glad to hear it's good news for your Dad and for you, thats fantastic...hope he keeps going from strength to strength.

Originally posted by darla View Post
    Hi everybody!

I love to read in the Sam-Thread. Thanks very much for posting all those pictures of her.
    Since now I have only seen Tabula Rasa and The Seer via Internet, in TV season 3 has just begun (I think we're more than half year behind maybe it's because the translation takes so long).

You were talking about Sam/Amanda-dreams. I also had one:
    Spoiler:
    I was at a tv casting show called "Popstars" and I was going to sing, but... I was really nervous because I got to know the song just that day and I had a hard time to lean the english text and the melody. I also had a problem to find a good outfit. ...and time was running. I got really late to the stage and 'Oh my god' Amanda was singing and stepped into my shoes. I was so glad that I didn't have to perform and it was so nice to see her just a few steps away from me. She was wonderful and looked so pretty. Everybody was amazed.
    I don't know if Amanda is a good singer but in my imagination she was fantastic.

As I'm not an english native speaker can somebody tell me what is a "whumping" thread and a "thunk" thread and what does "squee" mean?
    Welcome to Samanda Darla! Good to hear you've enjoyed reading it...hope you have fun here and everyone else has answered your questions so I'll just say, get comfy!

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    <snip>

Nice little fic here I found.

A Christmas Wish

Warnings for Daniel/Jack ship
    Ta for the fic rec
    sigpic
    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      for the card party, i have

Donamac
      Forum name: HiSG1Fans
      Forum Name: PengYn
      (SG Gato)
      Amy
      Samcarterrules
      Tittamiire
      forum name: chelle db
      Nickname: RepliCartertje
      Celadine
      tracy jane
      Tagger
      Forum Name: dipsofjazz
      Forum name Spacegirlnz
      Forum Name: antoa315
      My forum name is: Charlie!

did i miss anyone?
      add me please.

Comment

The stargate learning curve continued...

Latest text from mom: Is Dan Shea like a twin or something? Just watched ep where they are copied as robot people. Da credits mention Dan. I thought RDA was both rolls as were da others. He is identical for an alternate... Confused again. I demand u explain now. Send email.

Yes she really did say "robot people".
        And yes she really did spell 'roles' as 'rolls'.

For once I know more than my mom!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
          add me please.
          PM or e-mail me your addy please. Unless you have already

adn celandine, sorry

i'll spell it right this time
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi Everyone,

The whole movie keeps you totally entranced...it didn't need all the Hollywood gadgets and fancy stuff to make it wonderful...it had the best script and talented actors do it...I'm totally stuck on Stuck....and I still haven't emailed Lindsay yet...but it's on my to do list!!!!
            I agree chelle I'm stuck on Stuck too, and I still need to e-mail Mr Bourne too although I'm not sure how to put my thoughts and feelings into words Oh yeah and do the Secret Santa thing too, sigh, there just aren't enough hours in the day eh

Speaking of dreams...
            Spoiler:
            I had one the other night where Amanda and Alan and Olivia came to Australia and we were all staying at a ranch style country house. In it, I wanted to get up and have a coffee but Amanda and her family were sleeping in a room adjoining the kitchen/dining rooms so I was hesitant about making any noise and disturbing them. Then I heard Olivia chatting with her mum so I thought well they're awake so I'll go put the kettle on...and there I was making my coffee and Amanda was coming out of her room with Olivia in their pj's and I asked them if they had seen the kangaroos this morning...coz the sun was just rising and there were kangaroos grazing in the front yard...Olivia got all excited and I walked out with my coffee and watched the sun rise...leaving them inside!....FCOL...what an idiot I was in my dream...in reality, I wouldn't have walked out with at least offering Amanda a cuppa or asking them to come out and see the roos...but no...I went out by myself...then this helicopter came and I woke up!!!...the weird thing was though, Amanda's hair was short again....but it was such a fun dream...if only we could record our dreams like we record tv shows...that would be so awesome!!
            Cool dream to chelle And hugs to your Dad too, I glad he's feels a bit better (((((chelle's Dad, chelle and family)))))
            Hi everybody!

I love to read in the Sam-Thread. Thanks very much for posting all those pictures of her.
            Since now I have only seen Tabula Rasa and The Seer via Internet, in TV season 3 has just begun (I think we're more than half year behind maybe it's because the translation takes so long).

Spoiler:
            I was at a tv casting show called "Popstars" and I was going to sing, but... I was really nervous because I got to know the song just that day and I had a hard time to lean the english text and the melody. I also had a problem to find a good outfit. ...and time was running. I got really late to the stage and 'Oh my god' Amanda was singing and stepped into my shoes. I was so glad that I didn't have to perform and it was so nice to see her just a few steps away from me. She was wonderful and looked so pretty. Everybody was amazed.
            I don't know if Amanda is a good singer but in my imagination she was fantastic.

As I'm not an english native speaker can somebody tell me what is a "whumping" thread and a "thunk" thread and what does "squee" mean?
            Welcome to Samanda darla
            Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
            chelle, great news about your dad! Does he have a DVD player? Just thinking ... you could introduce him to Stargate during his convalescence. Laughter and the beauty of Amanda would be great for his immune system.

I just re-watched The Seer and am seeing so much change in Sam/Amanda - she carries herself differently, her face is more mature, her voice has changed. Wow! It's like getting acquainted with the character all over again. I think it's great.

Here's to mature, independent women everywhere! The beauty of midlife mind and body
            !
            I noticed that change in Sam/Amanda too, I think its great too

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

"I had the craziest dream ... you and I were on an elevator."
              *snort*
              Thank you
              (I tried to green but it wouldn't let me ... so sad )

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
              Lol. I had to do that too! But cause I had a week off work, and I'm getting worse again I'm gonna have to borrow money off ma to send cards.
              Tell me about it! Ah the joys of being across an ocean from the bulk of your family and friends ... good thing they're worth it, eh?

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

Latest text from mom: Is Dan Shea like a twin or something? Just watched ep where they are copied as robot people. Da credits mention Dan. I thought RDA was both rolls as were da others. He is identical for an alternate... Confused again. I demand u explain now. Send email.

Hey, at least your mom has figured texting out!
              I've had the same mobile number for over two years, and mom *still* hasn't figured out the codes to dial me, let alone figured out texting!
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Spoiler:
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

"I had the craziest dream ... you and I were on an elevator."
                  "For some reason I just keep seeing her with spiky hair. I wish she'd take off that hat."

did you guys notice the nice comments about AT from "Chuck" on the GW main page? Another testimonial.

Comment

Fic Update - The Enemy Within

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

if it's any consolation, i haven't done secret santa either

i have an idea, just no time
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        Hi Everyone,

I agree chelle I'm stuck on Stuck too, and I still need to e-mail Mr Bourne too although I'm not sure how to put my thoughts and feelings into words Oh yeah and do the Secret Santa thing too, sigh, there just aren't enough hours in the day eh
                        <snip>
                        Heh...I'm stuck on mine too...keep sitting and waiting for inspiration that isn't coming...ah well....maybe something will drop into my mind...hopefully...I don't have a lot to do between now and tuesday so there is a lot of time.

Originally posted by ames View Post
                        *snort*
                        Thank you
                        (I tried to green but it wouldn't let me ... so sad )

Tell me about it! Ah the joys of being across an ocean from the bulk of your family and friends ... good thing they're worth it, eh?
                        <snip>
                        I have the same problem....e-cards are a wonderful thing...as is ordering stuff on the internet *g*...least I am just keeping in touch from a different country....a least it's not from another galaxy!
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Hi everybody!
                          Spoiler:

Guten tag!!!!
                          Cool dream!!! I love it when Amanda makes an appearance in my dreams....which is about 3 times now!!!
                          Welcome to Samanda Darla!!
                          chelle, great news about your dad! Does he have a DVD player? Just thinking ... you could introduce him to Stargate during his convalescence. Laughter and the beauty of Amanda would be great for his immune system.
                          I just re-watched The Seer and am seeing so much change in Sam/Amanda - she carries herself differently, her face is more mature, her voice has changed. Wow! It's like getting acquainted with the character all over again. I think it's great.
                          Here's to mature, independent women everywhere! The beauty of midlife mind and body!
                          WooHoo...that would be me...apparently I'm now middle aged....OMG...that can't be right can it???...me mature???....ahhhhhh!!!!!
                          Thank you CG...dad's coming home from the hospital today having been able to keep his fluids and food down for the first time in over a week!! As much as I would like for him to get into Stargate, he has pay tv so he's not gonna get bored too quickly...good news is that I'm pretty certain now that hubby actually likes Amanda...a lot more than he lets on...hehe!!!...oh wait...should I be worried???....nah!!!!
                          Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                          Warning, dodgy German ahead. Click to read.
                          Warnung, schlechtes Deutsch gibt's hier. Zum lesen, hierunter clicken.

Spoiler:
                          Naja, hallo Darla! Wir haben so viele komische Worter hier in Samanda! Obwohl ich sicher bin, dass du schon die Erklarungen von CG verstanden hast, ich werde auf Deutsch erklaren...

Whumping - Wenn Jemand in der Geschichte verletzt wird, entwieder korperlich oder psychologisch. Normaleweise gehen diese Geschichte nicht nur um die Verletzung, sondern auch wie die anderen dieses Person pflegen.

Thunk - das kommt von dem Ton der Leute, der auf den Boden hinfallen (sie werden schwach, weil der Schauspieler so ganz gut aussieht).

Squee - ist nur der Ton wenn jemanden schreit wie ein kleines Kind (die sind so ganz aufgeregt).

Also, herzliches Wilkommen in Samanda! Viel Spass
                          Yep...what Tracy said!!!
                          And yes she really did spell 'roles' as 'rolls'.For once I know more than my mom!
                          Your mum says "da" instead of "the"??? I got nutso at my kids when they use that kinda text!!
                          Did she really "demand" that you explain??? Holy Hannah!!!!! Hehe...your mum is such a character!!!
                          Spoiler:
                          Awwww...awesome pic Tracy...it's so nice to see you back in here!! Yay...it's not the same without all the regualr Samandans!!!
                          That scene from Stuck...I could tell you something about what it reminds me of but I think I should wait til we meet at AT4...it's kinda weird and kinda funny and kinda kinky...but so totally real!! So when I watch the end of that scene I'm like looking at hubby and say "Don't even think about it...I'm way quicker than you think"!...I'll leave it at that shall I!!!
                          Neither have I...and now my holidays are almost over I haven't done anything I was supposed to so tonight and Sunday I'm going to be very busy!!!!...I need to do the secret Santa for Samanda and the ship thread, my Chrissy cards, Chrissy letters, parcels to friends overseas, email Lindsay Bourne, email others who I haven't spoken to for a while...I'm meeting up with a fellow shipper tomorrow in town...so I'm kinda burning the candle at both ends...oh and then I have to go see dad and my brothers...and then sort out the bills with the few dollars I have left...the joys of parenthood...the joys of life!!!!...it's all good...I'm not complaining...feel free to kick me in the ass if I do!!!
                          So I'm going to go now and get the grommets from school then take Tom to guitar lessons then cook dinner, ring mum, ring brothers...again...write letters...that's the hard task...if I get the letters done tonight then I'll be happy!!!
                          Nighty night everyone...take care, be safe and have fun!!!!
                          (((Samandans)))

Thank you for keeping me sane...in all honesty, Samanda and the ship thread have really been a godsend for me...thank you all!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

heh...the process of reversal begins.

Spoiler:
                            ooh...very pretty! Even knowing the scene I still can't help but admit how awesomely beautiful AT is here. Those eyes and smile just melt me. Thanks for sharing!

Neither have I...and now my holidays are almost over I haven't done anything I was supposed to so tonight and Sunday I'm going to be very busy!!!!...I need to do the secret Santa for Samanda and the ship thread, my Chrissy cards, Chrissy letters, parcels to friends overseas, email Lindsay Bourne, email others who I haven't spoken to for a while...I'm meeting up with a fellow shipper tomorrow in town...so I'm kinda burning the candle at both ends...oh and then I have to go see dad and my brothers...and then sort out the bills with the few dollars I have left...the joys of parenthood...the joys of life!!!!...it's all good...I'm not complaining...feel free to kick me in the ass if I do!!!
                            So I'm going to go now and get the grommets from school then take Tom to guitar lessons then cook dinner, ring mum, ring brothers...again...write letters...that's the hard task...if I get the letters done tonight then I'll be happy!!!
                            Nighty night everyone...take care, be safe and have fun!!!!
                            (((Samandans)))

Thank you for keeping me sane...in all honesty, Samanda and the ship thread have really been a godsend for me...thank you all!!
                            LOL I'm exhausted just reading what you've got on your plate. whew!

A bit of my own ot...had a little dinner with a very lovely girl tonight. Wouldnt call it a date as we're just getting to know each other but it was wonderful just the same. I'm still basking in the fun time I had.

And now I have a dilemma..continue writing for my Secret Santa or veg out with a bit of stargate tonight..er, this morning. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

You are already one step ahead of me I don't have an idea and also not really time all I know is what programma I'll use to make my secret Santa, so that already is somehting right

But still about 16 days so...time enough me thinks

Comment

I have got to start my christmas shopping this weekend and i still dont know what get it's so hard to decied these day's and i've got to do christmas card's to send to family over sea's

Also i have done the next part of my web 9 part 6 and THE TRUE SCIENCE OF STARGATE is on ,on saterday yay i cant wait to see it

I soooo wanna meet Amanda i wish i was going to AT3 but ive already stared saving for AT4
                                sigpic
                                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Working...
                                X