No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes i forgot to add that to my post!!! Very awesome drawing you did there, awesome stuff... if only i could draw that realistic, mine always turn out looking too cartoony... not the best thing! None-the-less! But that is a GREAT drawing of yours... i think you've even inspired me to draw more!

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post
      Ah yes i forgot to add that to my post!!! Very awesome drawing you did there, awesome stuff... if only i could draw that realistic, mine always turn out looking too cartoony... not the best thing! None-the-less! But that is a GREAT drawing of yours... i think you've even inspired me to draw more!
      Thank you!

And cartoony isn't necessarily a bad thing. When you draw, you should play up your strengths, especially when it comes to the style of the drawing (though you should still work on your weaknesses, but you don't have to share those drawings ). When you start a drawing, decide in advance that it will be a cartoon style and just go with it.

And really, just draw and draw. I've been doing portraits since I was in Junior High (so about 15 years now) and I recently found some early ones that I thought were crap! But really, considering how old I was at the time and how untrained, they weren't bad And I've gotten better since then.

And that is very cool that you are inspired. I think that's the best compliment I can get Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
        Thank you!

And cartoony isn't necessarily a bad thing. When you draw, you should play up your strengths, especially when it comes to the style of the drawing (though you should still work on your weaknesses, but you don't have to share those drawings ). When you start a drawing, decide in advance that it will be a cartoon style and just go with it.

And really, just draw and draw. I've been doing portraits since I was in Junior High (so about 15 years now) and I recently found some early ones that I thought were crap! But really, considering how old I was at the time and how untrained, they weren't bad And I've gotten better since then.

And that is very cool that you are inspired. I think that's the best compliment I can get Thank you!
        Anytime, never pass uop a compliment right? Heehee, and thanks for the advice! I'm just going to find where i have some of my sketches uploaded so i can show you them, but yeah cartoony... when it comes to doing faces and what not, i just give up and go with cartoon style.... which is what i did with the pic i drew and sent to Amanda!

I love my art, i've been doing art since Primary School, but i'm too much of an abstract artist so to draw realistic is difficult, so it takes a LOT of effort, but i can do it, just whether i can be bothered or have the will to make myself is another question of course! I honestly wish i spent more time at school doing realistic drawings and portraits as well as my abstract ones, but meh, i didn't...

Anyway, found where i uploaded them and here are a few: Just my Amanda ones! (Spoilered for size)
        Spoiler:

Just something i did in Paint!

Ah, this one is a sketch i did and then used PhotoShop to edit!

Here's the original of the one above!

This one i have posted on here before but is prob one of my best so.... Here it is again!

This is what i sent Amanda...

Most of the stuff i do now though is computer based so, wallpapers and avatars, banners etc.... anything with colour!!!

Comment

Anyway, it's getting... ah, early here and i have to work later this morning, so i am going to head off now, lay down with the latest Stargate novel i'm reading and wait until i fall asleep.... Have a good... ah, day/night/afternoon.... the whole lot! Back sometime today! Tootles!

Comment

I made some Weir and Carter sigs for supporting Atlantis. You can use them, but I would love if you credit me

Last edited by RepliCartertje; 17 September 2007, 08:43 AM.

Comment

love the artwork you people do. My "artistic" ability stopped at the stick figure stage.

Comment

lol

know the feeling
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                  Thank you! I actually used to be very heavy-handed with the eyes as well, but I've learned to back off. They are also the feature that I start with. Back in junior high and high school I wouldn't even bother to do a rough layout at all, just dove right in - their left eye, then the nose and then the right eye. I still draw in that same order, I just am smart enough now to lay it all out first before I get into the detail.

Thank you! I do hope that I can make the time to draw more. i just need to change my habit of needing to finish it in one sitting - I was better with this one - it was done over the course of 4 days.
                  I agree the eyes are the easiest thing to start with because then the cheekbones and nose and eyebrows just frame to them... And if you get the eyes right then there's a better chance of the structure of the face being correct and in essence easier to draw... I find that how you described that you did it, is exactly how I draw...
                  And it's hard to walk away from a drawing once you start... but when you do, agreed that you see more of the final picture before it's done... and feel more relaxed while drawing?
                  Last edited by ~Sarah~; 17 September 2007, 11:07 AM.
                  sigpic
                  awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                    I agree the eyes are the easiest thing to start with because then the cheekbones and nose and eyebrowns just frame to them... And if you get the eyes right then there's a better chance of the structure of the face being correct and in essence easier to draw... I find that how you described that you did it, is exactly how I draw...
                    And it's hard to walk away from a drawing once you start... but when you do, agreed that you see more of the final picture before it's done... and feel more relaxed while drawing?
                    I am just such a perfectionist that I don't like leaving a drawing until it starts to take form and actually look like something. Then when I have the features done I don't like to leave it as a set of formless features or a hair-less head. Then when I get the hair done I don't like leaving it a floating head, so I have to do the neck and shoulders. It's a vicious cycle.

I have learned to accept that drawings happen in stages and that it's OK to walk away from it when you only have an eye and half a nose.

Maybe I'll take some pictures of my process some time.

Comment

Hey y'all ! I just passed by to tell ya how I am and the latest comment about the Amanda/David interview and the message on Amanda's website.

I'm OK, had a nice weekend.

The interview: it was a good interview, lots of good question and ... humor! (Thank you Amanda). Amanda looked so beautiful, you really think you'd be talkin' to a 32 year old. Or 28 year old even lol. David, well I had the overall feeling he didn't said so much, I think talking wise, Amanda did a bigger part. But yeah there' a great team and I can't wait to see some McKay-Samantha scenes.

I hope the Atlantis fans will like Amanda and when they see Sam in Atlantis, they know, "Sam's melting the iron while it's hot". They see that Sam takes decision on the right moment. They see an understanding, listening Sam, not always as "Commander" but also as a friend.

--

The news at her site. It's great to hear from her again, and that everything in the family is going great. OK she'll prolly be exhausted after work, but a wonderful, sweet and FUNNY Olivia will give her and her a good time in: relax and enjoy land.

Hope to post more in time

Greets and see you soon,

Daivy

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

I am going to jump on the support bandwagon with my own sig banner. Please give credit if you use it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                          love the artwork you people do. My "artistic" ability stopped at the stick figure stage.
                          Still better than mine.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Happy
                            Birthday
                            ReganX!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday ReganX!!

Hope you're having a wonderful (potentially fic-filled) day!

Comment

Happy Birth-Day Regan-X

Whose's Regan-X?

Comment

Working...
                                X