Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    The photo of Jewel and Amanda (and others ) is interesting. Dr Keller has her hair out off world. I just realised I have no idea if Dr Keller is military or not.
    I don't think so. There's been no mention of a military rank in any interview or article afaik and the brief scenes we got of her in First Strike made no indication of any military background. Pretty sure she's a civilian.

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
      *blink*
      Spoiler:
      "harness test"???
      *blink blink*
      Spoiler:
      It's something to do with the gimbled set they constructed for the episode. There's a pic of it a few entries back

Also...I had seen people trying to guess what eps she is and isn't in and I believe Trio was on the list of possible "not in this one" episodes. So if that pic is from Trio...then I guess that means Carter is in Trio after all eh?
      Trio is meant to be a Carter, McKay and Keller episode, so yes she's definitely in it

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
        Spoiler:
        It's something to do with the gimbled set they constructed for the episode. There's a pic of it a few entries back

Trio is meant to be a Carter, McKay and Keller episode, so yes she's definitely in it
        DOH! I was thinking Trio instead of Harmony for some reason.

S'okay...move along now...nothing to see here.

/iz embarrassed

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
          Here's a question

How did we all find our way to GW and SAGC?

Me, I'm a spoiler addict. I read spoilers on GW for a couple of years (or more) but didn't venture into the threads. Eventually, I did venture into the threads and was totally lost. Since I really like Sam, I ventured into this thread and began to read the posts. Many of the posts had me ROTFL. It took me while to delurk and say hello. Someone asked for help on Celeeb and then I was hooked. Took me a while to get off that addiction. Although I still lurk, I'm not as shy as I once was. I read the thread almost daily (ok, daily, hubby tried to hide my labtop on vacation and I finally had to give it up).

Any other tales? Anyone?
          A friend who writes fanfic told me about GW and I've been hooked ever since. I originally started to read the Avalon attendees thread as I had never been to a convention before and wanted to get to know some folks before I left for Wells. It was so fun to meet people I'd been in touch with instead of not knowing anyone at all.

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Me too! Until I was 12, I could sit on it. I used to me creepily fast at plaiting.

Being "a child of the 50s and 60s" (hippy-ish) I had looonnnggg hair til I was in my late 30s. I wore it all different ways--mostly one long braid--sometimes a French braid but usually just from my neck down. Couldn't do it now to save my life (aside from the fact it is verrry short) but I can do kid's hair in a French braid and they love it because it doesn't get in their way. At my age now I wear it short mostly being lazy--just jump out of the shower and shake my head and put my fingers through it and it looks just fine. I love Sam's hair long and the braid is really cute. She's a playful person and it suits her.

donamac

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
              Being "a child of the 50s and 60s" (hippy-ish) I had looonnnggg hair til I was in my late 30s. I wore it all different ways--mostly one long braid--sometimes a French braid but usually just from my neck down. Couldn't do it now to save my life (aside from the fact it is verrry short) but I can do kid's hair in a French braid and they love it because it doesn't get in their way. At my age now I wear it short mostly being lazy--just jump out of the shower and shake my head and put my fingers through it and it looks just fine. I love Sam's hair long and the braid is really cute. She's a playful person and it suits her.

donamac
              Just like my mum When I see photos of her up until just before she had my twin and me (at 37), I don't recognise her! She was hippy-ish too.

that's why I love the plait on Amanda! Even with a serious expression on her face it still screams playful

I was just fighting with my computer (my foot got tangled in some cables and I nearly fell over/knocked my computer to the ground) and I thought of this:

spoilers for OT
              Spoiler:

and that made me think of Sam. Especially Entity, but plenty of other times as well. Fight eet! Fight eet!
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                DOH! I was thinking Trio instead of Harmony for some reason.

S'okay...move along now...nothing to see here.

/iz embarrassed
                I didn't think AT was in Harmony either.

And dude...

Spoiler:
                If the actors are in harnesses, I so hope he posts it.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

And dude...

Spoiler:
                  If the actors are in harnesses, I so hope he posts it.
                  Hehe, me too!
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

http://debsgategirl.livejournal.com/6647.html: Set visit to Atlantis while they were shooting some s4 stuff. Amanda is mentioned quite a bit Credit to Morjana for finding.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post
                      yeah, Sam "I'm fine" Carter.
                      That's Sam all right.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                      *giggles* I'm imagining a horrible shaving massacre when she shaves off her leg...Ba'al plants a kamikaze razor in her pack and she unknowingly shaves the whole thing off.

Don't ask me why I'm imagining that...I just am

I wonder what would happen if they were on an unexpected extended stay on a planet and she got her monthlies...hehehe, "Sir, we need to return to earth for...supplies..."

Or does she have a secret compartment in her pack stuffed with...supplies

Maybe Daniel has spares
                      you have a warped imagination. Brilliant.

And god, I love harnesses, ever since I saw my hot ex-boss in one.

And livejournal is great for fanfic, it's all there, every bloody pairing ever, (probably).

If lj was working, I'd post a link or something, but it's not so I'll just cry instead

*wah*

Last edited by rolleson; 06 September 2007, 01:10 AM. Reason: edit
                      sigpic-
                      +I thought I was a fool for no one
                      but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                        *giggles* I'm imagining a horrible shaving massacre when she shaves off her leg...Ba'al plants a kamikaze razor in her pack and she unknowingly shaves the whole thing off.

Don't ask me why I'm imagining that...I just am

I wonder what would happen if they were on an unexpected extended stay on a planet and she got her monthlies...hehehe, "Sir, we need to return to earth for...supplies..."

Or does she have a secret compartment in her pack stuffed with...supplies

Maybe Daniel has spares
                        This is a little ficlet that i wrote ages ago... I had to go back to a 2004 back up to find it... In spoiler tags for length and becasue I don't know if it's ont he net anywhere or how to put it somewhere I can link to. Anyway it is short, less than a page.

A little Alien - female understanding issues fic. no real spoilers.

It's called BULLETS - Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
                        "Major Carter, I discovered this in your pack, What kind of ammunition is this?"
                        Teal'c held up the a small bullet shaped object between his fingers examining it quizzically.
                        Carter flushed bright red and snatched the package of cotton wool from his hand "Teal'c!" she exclaimed, "Don't go rummaging around in my stuff like that."
                        O'Neill and Jackson s******ed.
                        "I do not understand, Major Carter. Did I say something amusing, Colonel O'Neill?"
                        "Nope," O'Neill struggled to keep a straight face.
                        "Then maybe you can enlighten me as to the type of weapon that uses such ammunition. I have not come across it before"
                        "Major? Would you like to explain?"
                        Carter was rummaging in her pack looking for the matches. "No sir, I do not care to explain. Here, Teal'c, matches."
                        "Thank you, but I do not still understand…"
                        "No," she said, "just leave me out of this, I'm going to bed."
                        She rose and crawled into her tent.
                        Teal'c watched her go. "Have I said something to upset, Major Carter? She appears displeased with me."
                        O'Neill smirked, "Don't worry, Teal'c, she'll get over it."
                        He tilted his head. "My initial question remains. What manner of ammunition was that?"
                        "Daniel?"
                        "Okay, I guess I can explain... It’s… a woman's thing."
                        "Yeah, a woman's thing." O'Neill agreed.
                        His head tilted again as he thought about it. "What do they shoot?"
                        "Oh for gods sake, Danny." Sam poked her head out of her tent. " It's not ammunition, Teal'c its used for soaking up blood. Now can we just drop it and go to sleep?" she disappeared again.
                        "Blood? I do not have these items in my medical kit. Are you injured, major Carter?"
                        A stifled scream rumbled from the tent.
                        "Err, well, that would be because…." Danny struggled with it for a few moments. "I don't know much about biology but, were there times when Drey-Auc would bleed?"
                        Teal'c thought for a few moments. "It is called the brec-tri"
                        "Well women on earth call them periods and some of them use those things when they're having one."
                        "I am still confused…"
                        "We're not discussing it anymore!" Carter called out. "Ask Fraiser when we get back. Topic closed. Discussion over, now go to sleep."
                        O'Neill and Jackson exchanged glances. "Did Sha-uri get PMT?" he whispered
                        "Oh yeah, Sara?"
                        "So bad I used to just stay out of the way."
                        "PMT?" Teal'c asked.
                        "I said, topic closed." she snapped from inside the tent.
                        O'Neill hushed them with his finger. "Goodnight, Major." he called sweetly.
                        Later he mouthed. "Teal'c, you got first watch."
                        "Yes, Colonel."
                        "Goodnight then."
                        Sam rummaged in the pack pulling out another of the packages that had worked free of their pocket. Her embarrassment subsiding she smiled and shook her head.
                        Bullets…
                        Last edited by Skydiver; 06 September 2007, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Harnesses... hehe.

Heh.

There's a video on youtube of me in a harness
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                            This is a little ficlet that i wrote ages ago... I had to go back to a 2004 back up to find it... In spoiler tags for length and becasue I don't know if it's ont he net anywhere or how to put it somewhere I can link to. Anyway it is short, less than a page.

Spoiler:
                            "Major Carter, I discovered this in your pack, What kind of ammunition is this?"
                            Teal'c held up the a small bullet shaped object between his fingers examining it quizzically.
                            Carter flushed bright red and snatched the package of cotton wool from his hand "Teal'c!" she exclaimed, "Don't go rummaging around in my stuff like that."
                            "I do not understand, Major Carter. Did I say something amusing, Colonel O'Neill?"
                            "Then maybe you can enlighten me as to the type of weapon that uses such ammunition. I have not come across it before"
                            Carter was rummaging in her pack looking for the matches. "No sir, I do not care to explain. Here, Teal'c, matches."
                            Teal'c watched her go. "Have I said something to upset, Major Carter? She appears displeased with me."
                            He tilted his head. "My initial question remains. What manner of ammunition was that?"
                            "Daniel?"
                            "Oh for gods sake, Danny." Sam poked her head out of her tent. " It's not ammunition, Teal'c its used for soaking up blood. Now can we just drop it and go to sleep?" she disappeared again.
                            "Blood? I do not have these items in my medical kit. Are you injured, major Carter?"
                            "Err, well, that would be because…." Danny struggled with it for a few moments. "I don't know much about biology but, were there times when Drey-Auc would bleed?"
                            "Well women on earth call them periods and some of them use those things when they're having one."
                            "I am still confused…"
                            "We're not discussing it anymore!" Carter called out. "Ask Fraiser when we get back. Topic closed. Discussion over, now go to sleep."
                            "Oh yeah, Sara?"
                            "PMT?" Teal'c asked.
                            "Yes, Colonel."
                            "Goodnight then."
                            Sam rummaged in the pack pulling out another of the packages that had worked free of their pocket. Her embarrassment subsiding she smiled and shook her head.
                            Bullets…

That's funny.
                            sigpic-
                            +I thought I was a fool for no one
                            but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Hi!

I just saw the ATLANTIS SET TOUR man im so jelouis what id give to meet AMANDA

Season 4 is looking good i love the pics and i know i say this alot but Amanda looks great i cant wait for atlantis to start yay! and im looking forward to SANCTUARY season 2
                              sigpic
                              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

Spoiler:
                                "Daniel?"
                                "I am still confused…"
                                "Oh yeah, Sara?"
                                "PMT?" Teal'c asked.
                                "Yes, Colonel."
                                "Goodnight then."
                                Bullets…
                                Thats an entertaining read, funny and right on topic..thanks for going back all that way to find it and share it! hehehe
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X