Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
    Since I had some time today and so many have requested more video of Amanda.....

Amanda and JR Bourne...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt4llY4lJRY
    THANKS!

We would be happy with anything you would like to share. Everything you have in other words.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      guys, this is an example of something we shouldn't be doing. In this precise example, the leaked episodes, it's ok, BUT, normally, do NOT admit that you download. Do not speak about doing it here - unless it's from a legal source like unbox or itunes

Why do we do this???

cause the mpaa has been known to lurk on sites liek this, writing down the id's of folks that fess up then chasing htem down and using them to shut down the download sites.

What we Don't want to happen, we do NOT want this site, as in gateworld, to be embroiled in some legal mess so, do not discuss illegal downloading here, do not admit to doing it and please, do NOT ask for or distribute the addresses via the gateworld system
      Sorry. Other folks were talking about seeing them, so I thought it was ok.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

in this case, it is.

And later on it's ok to talk about seeing the episodes...but if you download them, dont' tell us that you have. We don't need to know HOW you've seen them. Just leave that pesky detail out of it.

we just don't want anyone getting in trouble
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          in this case, it is.

And later on it's ok to talk about seeing the episodes...but if you download them, dont' tell us that you have. We don't need to know HOW you've seen them. Just leave that pesky detail out of it.

we just don't want anyone getting in trouble
          I had just removed some pesky details. Guess I read your mind.
          William Shakespeare

Anon

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i'm more touchy/feely, so i usally end up as daniel or janet or sam.

sally
            Yeah me too expecially Sam and Jan

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
            Sweet costume very nice indeed!

Awesome...who wouldn't be happy working with Amanda Tapping and Jewel Staite all week though *g*
            Yeah it sounds like something id dream about

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
            Good morning all
            Just wanted to pop in and wave HI before I scurried off to work for the day.... See you all tonight... or soon
            Have fun
            *waves back*

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
            Adrift spoilers!!!!

Spoiler:

cool thanks

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
            I also made 2 banners to support Samantha Carter in Atlantis, you can use them however you like, I do prefer if you do use them to credit me Although I will not hunt you down if you don't

Hope you like them, not my best I agree, but I still hope some people will enjoy them
            I think there beautiful.
            sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

So, thanks to all those that poked me this week, I actually did a drawing!

I'll probably go back and tweak it a bit more, but here you go!

Click to embiggin

Comment

OMG!!!! How big was that TV???
                it's a five year old 36"...mahousive! and free....

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Hey Everyone,

How is everyone today?

I wasn't online yesterday, I missed you all so was catching up on posts, I loved the interview with AT and DH it was great, they look like they work well and have a good laugh together, it was nice also to hear Amanda laughing and not trying to hide it, I love her laugh its cool Thank You to who ever posted the link (sorry I don't remember who it was )

And Julia I'll e-mail my photo ASAP

I have a bit of OT news that I wanted to share with everyone if that's OK, I'll put it in spoilers so folks don't have to read

Spoiler:

I play a game called BOCCIA, its based on indoor Bowls but adapted for people with sever disabilities (mostly people with Cerebral Palsy, which is what I have) it can be played just as a hobby or for competitive competition right up to Paralympic level, anyway I played in my very first club level competition (which is the first level) yesterday and I won a bronze medal I was so surprised b/c I didn't think I'd get anything b/c the standard is so high I was so pleased, so thought I'd share it here

So that's why I wasn't OL yesterday, did I miss much?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                Wheeee congratulations! Well done you

Since I had some time today and so many have requested more video of Amanda.....

Amanda and JR Bourne...

Sweet video, those two are so cool together, really enjoyed that, thanks JanSam!

I also made 2 banners to support Samantha Carter in Atlantis, you can use them however you like, I do prefer if you do use them to credit me Although I will not hunt you down if you don't

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/7...titled1fy9.jpg

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/5...titled2af6.jpg

Hope you like them, not my best I agree, but I still hope some people will enjoy them
                very pretty banners Eve *oohs and aahs*

Spoiler:
                that does help my fears.

i just don't want some 'thing' being said that'll only add fuel to the fires of the anti-sam-on-atlantis ppl. they're looking for even a hair out of place so they can say 'see!!'.

on another note, but still related to sam/amanda coming over to atlantis --

amanda said, in her amanda-david interview, that she was 'painfully aware that she has a lot to prove'... this is sad to hear. i thought it was sad when ben browder said (for s9) that, because he was lead, it would be on his shoulders whether the show made it or failed (not his exact words). i *totally* disagree with this. writing, period, has the number one influence on whether a show makes it or fails. to me at least.

but i think amanda's got a lot of supporters with the cast and ptb, so GOOD.

sally
                I agree with you, there is so much more to a show than the actors and usually the characters are the product of the writers rather than the actors (assuming the actors are competent, which we know the Stargate actors are) and I'm with you, the writing makes a huge difference to me too.

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post

Click to embiggin
                *embiggens, is very impressed* that is fantastic antoa! you are talented and thanks for sharing.
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                  A reminder to those of you who are sending photos of yourselves hugging your piece of quilt for the AT3 quilt project:-

Please send the jpgs to me at

[email protected]

As high res as possible please so that I can integrate them into what I'm working on for it.

Thanks!

Julia
                  G4
                  Will be sending my pic off sometime today. Thanks again for doing this!
                  Adrift spoilers!!!!

Spoiler:

Whee...those are definitely nice! Can't wait for the season to start. I'll be totally lost on the storyline as I haven't watched much of Atlantis, but to just see AT in action once again will be cool.

Hey Everyone,

How is everyone today?

I wasn't online yesterday, I missed you all so was catching up on posts, I loved the interview with AT and DH it was great, they look like they work well and have a good laugh together, it was nice also to hear Amanda laughing and not trying to hide it, I love her laugh its cool Thank You to who ever posted the link (sorry I don't remember who it was )

And Julia I'll e-mail my photo ASAP

I have a bit of OT news that I wanted to share with everyone if that's OK, I'll put it in spoilers so folks don't have to read

Spoiler:

I play a game called BOCCIA, its based on indoor Bowls but adapted for people with sever disabilities (mostly people with Cerebral Palsy, which is what I have) it can be played just as a hobby or for competitive competition right up to Paralympic level, anyway I played in my very first club level competition (which is the first level) yesterday and I won a bronze medal I was so surprised b/c I didn't think I'd get anything b/c the standard is so high I was so pleased, so thought I'd share it here

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  Very well done! Congratz on the medal and I'm sure it's just the first of many to come.

Amanda and JR Bourne...

Awe, that's a cute vid. JR seems like such a shy guy though, very quiet. This is a bit surprising to me cos I always assumed all actors to be outgoing souls. Does this trait come across to anyone else or am I just going nuts?

Click to embiggin
                  Very nice drawing! I love her eyes the most as it's always something I personally struggle with when I draw...must because I put so much weight on them being windows into a person's soul. How well they're drawn can make or break a pic. Anyways, I really appreciate when I see other's get it perfect like you have here. Shading is pretty awesome too.

I'm off in a few hours for 10 hrs. of training *wails* so don't go too post happy today See ya all around later!

Comment

Hey Everyone

Amanda and JR Bourne...

Nice vid Jan thanks for sharing

Nice job Eve

Click to embiggin
                    Well Done its great

And a big thank you also for all the congrats and green for getting my medal

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Click to embiggin
                      This is amazing!!! You really make the greatest pictures. I love it

Err... wondering if I keep poking you, will that result in more drawings of you

Comment

Just remember the rules
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Antoa, you're a wonderful artist... that's a really good drawing.. Actually that's a really great drawing, the detail is fabulous! Keep up the good work
                          sigpic
                          awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                            Hey guys will catch up with everything tomorrow but for now just wanted to show you my pics from my movie night last night. I went as sam, there not very good cause all my make up was off and hair messy after a long night. But here they are.
                            Cool...thanks for sharing!!
                            Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Sounds like they had a lot of fun filming Trio. Joe M. made mention of all the laughter between takes and David H. had this to say on Twitter :
                            "Jewel Staite and Amanda Tapping all week...I've never laughed so much in my life! These are the classiest space hotties in the galaxy! 09:36 PM September 14, 2007 from web"
                            Yay!!! I really can't wait to see both Amanda and Jewel in SGA!!
                            Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                            A reminder to those of you who are sending photos of yourselves hugging your piece of quilt for the AT3 quilt project:-
                            Please send the jpgs to me at
                            [email protected]
                            As high res as possible please so that I can integrate them into what I'm working on for it.
                            Thanks!

Julia
                            G4
                            Do you realize how embarrassing my pics look??? OMG...so I sent you 3...one of me, one of Smiley/Janelle and one of the two of us goofing around...coz that's what we do!!!
                            Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post
                            Why do you think Sam will be great as commander of Atlantis?...
                            My answer is too simple heehee? Because she's Sam and well... yeah, thats good enough for me Why not?

If ya hadn't noticed... i'm a little hyper....-er than normal
                            A little hyper?? You are always hyper...er than normal...and I luv you for it all the same!!! (((Smiley)))...we need to catch up again soon!!! Buzz me!!
                            Hey Everyone,

Spoiler:

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            Oh wow!! WTG Julia!! Congratulations!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you think Sam will be great as commander of Atlantis??
                            1) She is a wonderfull AF officer, who follows the rules, but also knows that sometimes you have to bend them
                            2) Because she's Sam Carter, and when it comes to getting the job done, she's the woman.
                            3) She promotes teamwork when it comes to solving a problem.
                            4) Because she has a good heart. Sam's morals and empathy combined with her curriculum vitæ = nice mix!
                            5) Because she knows when to let those serving under her do their thing, and gives them room to be brilliant as well.
                            6) because she's a hot babe *and* can out smart even einstein while multi-tasking to put any multi-tasker to shame.
                            7) she has experience - she understands military strategy and she also understands scientists.
                            8) Because she also understands O'Neill...
                            9) She learned from the best, both leaders and teammates (Hammond, J, DJ, T).
                            11) As any good leader understands, she empowers and motivates others to be the best they can be.
                            12) After blowing up a sun, walking on water, and keeping Siler out of too much trouble for 10 years, the Pegasus Galaxy will be a piece of cake
                            13) Because she's Sam and well... yeah, thats good enough for me
                            14) Because Samantha Carter is a national treasure...the eighth wonder of the world who is way smarter than McKay and she's the bee knees!!! What more could you want!!!

Amanda and JR Bourne...
                            OMG...that was awesome...I was on the floor...keeping the kids awake with my hysterics...they are so awesome together...Amanda is just brilliant!!!! Thank you JanSam for sharing....anymore????
                            They are beautiful Eve...well done!!
                            on another note, but still related to sam/amanda coming over to atlantis --
                            amanda said, in her amanda-david interview, that she was 'painfully aware that she has a lot to prove'... this is sad to hear. i thought it was sad when ben browder said (for s9) that, because he was lead, it would be on his shoulders whether the show made it or failed (not his exact words). i *totally* disagree with this. writing, period, has the number one influence on whether a show makes it or fails. to me at least.
                            but i think amanda's got a lot of supporters with the cast and ptb, so GOOD.
                            sally
                            I have to admit that I felt for BB and CB when SG1 was canceled...that must have been tough on them as well.
                            I kinda feel weird about Amanda feeling "painfully aware that she has a lot to prove" because that to me says that she feels that the onus is on her to make the show succeed. If Atlantis doesn't get renewed for season 6, you can bet that someone is gonna be pointing the finger at Amanda and that isn't fair...I'm confident that Atlantis can only get better with Amanda on the set...I agree with you Sally...it's the writing that makes or breaks the show...Amanda is such a wonderful actor...she has nothing to prove in my eyes!!!

Click to embiggin
                            WooHoo...well done Amanda...that's stunning!!!

So...did I just get to the end already??? Dang...and I always have so much fun here!!! Won't be on til Wednesday as Tom has his school production tomorrow and I have no idea what time it finishes so I'm guessing it'll be a late night for all. He's so excited...I sewed his costume last night...he's a dog!!! He's really shining at the moment...he's been totally enthralled with the production and the poetry competition...such a change for Tom!!
                            Anyhoo...gotta choof...dishes need doing and it's late.
                            Night night all, take care, have fun, be safe and hug your loved ones!!
                            Thank you all for the wonderful pictures and links to all things with Amanda!!
                            (((Samanda)))
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Welcome back SmileyGidget! *gives your computer swift kick*
                              Thanks, and your kick must have helped because it decided to load for me today! How exciting! Heehee, thanks again, lets hope it doesn't happen again!!

*kicks your computer for you* welcome back! I hope you get to stay.
                              Thanks to you as well, with your combined strenght you fixed it.... for the moment anyway! Thank-you very much! I hope i get to stay too, else my computers gonna get more than just a swift kick, i can tell ya that... *eye's baseball bat in corner*

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              Do you realize how embarrassing my pics look??? OMG...so I sent you 3...one of me, one of Smiley/Janelle and one of the two of us goofing around...coz that's what we do!!!

A little hyper?? You are always hyper...er than normal...and I luv you for it all the same!!! (((Smiley)))...we need to catch up again soon!!! Buzz me!!

Why do you think Sam will be great as commander of Atlantis??
                              1) She is a wonderfull AF officer, who follows the rules, but also knows that sometimes you have to bend them
                              2) Because she's Sam Carter, and when it comes to getting the job done, she's the woman.
                              3) She promotes teamwork when it comes to solving a problem.
                              4) Because she has a good heart. Sam's morals and empathy combined with her curriculum vitæ = nice mix!
                              5) Because she knows when to let those serving under her do their thing, and gives them room to be brilliant as well.
                              6) because she's a hot babe *and* can out smart even einstein while multi-tasking to put any multi-tasker to shame.
                              7) she has experience - she understands military strategy and she also understands scientists.
                              8) Because she also understands O'Neill...
                              9) She learned from the best, both leaders and teammates (Hammond, J, DJ, T).
                              11) As any good leader understands, she empowers and motivates others to be the best they can be.
                              12) After blowing up a sun, walking on water, and keeping Siler out of too much trouble for 10 years, the Pegasus Galaxy will be a piece of cake
                              13) Because she's Sam and well... yeah, thats good enough for me
                              14) Because Samantha Carter is a national treasure...the eighth wonder of the world who is way smarter than McKay and she's the bee knees!!! What more could you want!!!

So...did I just get to the end already??? Dang...and I always have so much fun here!!! Won't be on til Wednesday as Tom has his school production tomorrow and I have no idea what time it finishes so I'm guessing it'll be a late night for all. He's so excited...I sewed his costume last night...he's a dog!!! He's really shining at the moment...he's been totally enthralled with the production and the poetry competition...such a change for Tom!!
                              Anyhoo...gotta choof...dishes need doing and it's late.
                              Night night all, take care, have fun, be safe and hug your loved ones!!
                              Thank you all for the wonderful pictures and links to all things with Amanda!!
                              Heehee, i remember those photo's, OMG, classic! that was so much fun that night, oh so entertaining... we just couldn't stop laughing enough to get any real decent photo's, but we did get some goodies, thats one good thing! I totally gotta get those photo's off you next time i'm over, and i'll give ya birthday photo's at the same time... fair?

Heehee, i know i am, its who i am... gooosh, could you image me not hyper? My God, i'd be like... normal.... *shock horror* Scary thought that one! Banishing it right now... but i was REALLY hyper the other night, so hyper that i could've probably come up with a list of things to add but my mind doesn't think that logically when THAT hyper!

And yeah we need to catch up, it's been over TWO weeks!! and that a lot considering we'd seen each other every week before.... weird huh? goes from once a year to once a week, then two go by and we're crazy missing the fun we have with each other huh? At least we've got the show coming up, that'd be heaps of fun too! But yeah, see if we can catch up sometime this week... er, up to you though! Contact ya soon!

Oh oh and say good luck to Tom for me! Sure he'll be awesome tomorrow night! eh.... Tonight i spose that is! Tell him i say that though, and Hi to him and Niki and your hubby too Heehee! Oh and i just sent you a msn message, about the fan i brought today, sooo awesome! Mine currently has just 'Amanda Tapping' flashing on it!
                              Last edited by SmileyGidget; 17 September 2007, 06:47 AM. Reason: Fixing some mistakes!

Comment

*embiggens, is very impressed* that is fantastic antoa! you are talented and thanks for sharing.
                                Thank you Apparently 'embiggins' is a Simpsons reference and I didn't even realize it until I used it in another forum.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Very nice drawing! I love her eyes the most as it's always something I personally struggle with when I draw...must because I put so much weight on them being windows into a person's soul. How well they're drawn can make or break a pic. Anyways, I really appreciate when I see other's get it perfect like you have here. Shading is pretty awesome too.
                                Thank you! I actually used to be very heavy-handed with the eyes as well, but I've learned to back off. They are also the feature that I start with. Back in junior high and high school I wouldn't even bother to do a rough layout at all, just dove right in - their left eye, then the nose and then the right eye. I still draw in that same order, I just am smart enough now to lay it all out first before I get into the detail.

The shading technique I developed in my undergrad years - I was tired of smudging and cross hatching just never looked right for me, so I just took off the cross

Well Done its great

And a big thank you also for all the congrats and green for getting my medal

Julia(samcarterrules)
                                Thank you! And congrats to you!

Possibly, but like I said on the S/J thread, I do want to eventually widen my subject matter a bit and put together a portfolio I was thinking of trying some self portraits. I do love drawing AT though Maybe some suggestions or requests might motivate me too - no screen caps (they don't have enough detail) and no huge toothy grins (I can never get them to look right!).

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                                Just remember the rules
                                First rule of *poke* Club is don't talk about *poke* Club?

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                                Antoa, you're a wonderful artist... that's a really good drawing.. Actually that's a really great drawing, the detail is fabulous! Keep up the good work
                                Thank you! I do hope that I can make the time to draw more. i just need to change my habit of needing to finish it in one sitting - I was better with this one - it was done over the course of 4 days.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                                WooHoo...well done Amanda...that's stunning!!!
                                Thank you! I am glad you liked it

And thanks to everyone that dropped me some green. It's great to know that my efforts are appreciated and it really does motivate me to do more!

Comment

Working...
                                X