Santuary soon!!!!!!
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      do you know how i go about checking these things? and how would i know i have to upgrade something? (and how 'do' i upgrade?)

sally

given that you're asking HOW to upgrade...my suggestion is to call a computer fixer or ask a tech savvy friend to help you.

in theory, upgrading is easy. buy a new part, unplug your pc, take out the old, install the new.

in reality there's usually compatibility issues and driver issues adn since there is a near infinite combo of hardware configurations, there is no such thing as a single suggestion to make
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        What we need to do is not let the numpties out there influence high emotions around here. They're not worth dwelling on. Both Samantha Carter and Dr. Weir are fantastic characters, both actresses are beyond reproach and beautiful people. Their fans likewise. Lets not let a few bad apples make everyone join in a fruitless feeding frenzy. Lets CELEBRATE both actresses and both characters as strong female role models.
        Couldn't green you, but well said!

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
          It is most likely due to a vid card issue or RAM issue. I know a lot of the cheaper vid cards used shared RAM, not their own dedicated RAM (mine is one of these).
          I used to have a shared graphics card, but then I upgraded. Now I have a 256MB Radeon 9550 and 512MB RAM. Does the site say anywhere what specs you should have? I think the 'Sanctuary' site just doesn't like me.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
            I used to have a shared graphics card, but then I upgraded. Now I have a 256MB Radeon 9550 and 512MB RAM. Does the site say anywhere what specs you should have? I think the 'Sanctuary' site just doesn't like me.
            Graphics card seems like it would be more than enough, but how can you live with just 512MB of RAM! I am going nuts with the 1G I have in my iMac.

Have you tried using different browsers? I am at a loss.

Comment

Graphics card seems like it would be more than enough, but how can you live with just 512MB of RAM! I am going nuts with the 1G I have in my iMac.

Have you tried using different browsers? I am at a loss.
              512 is plenty for me. I can do what I like to, so I don't worry about getting more, at least not yet. I do use IE...but I can't help it, I like it.

Comment

Just an FYI on the jittery vid issues with Sanctuary. I read over on the Sanctuary forum that the vid completely downloads before starting to play (hence the long load time - they are working on a algorithm to determine how much of it should load before playing (instead of the entire thing), so it will start sooner), so the jittering would not be due to a slow internet connection. It is most likely due to a vid card issue or RAM issue. I know a lot of the cheaper vid cards used shared RAM, not their own dedicated RAM (mine is one of these).

I hope this is helpful.

*edit* and the darkness issue can be addressed by adjusting the gamma (or color correction) settings in your video card. Usually it's set at 1.0 by default, but adjusting it to 1.8 (or even just 1.4) will help a lot.
                Hey Samanda's,

antoa I just want to Thank You! I'm not very technically minded with my PC so you're explanation really helped and now I can see what "Sanctuary" is *really* supposed to look like, there was I thinking it was meant to be literally dark lol

Ooooh! I think I just made my 500th post *happy dance*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Just popping in to show off my new sig. *preens*

Cookies to anyone who can tell me what the equation is! (Space it too funny )
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                    She looks so adorable on those pics, so sweet and innocent. I don't know why, but I love her hairdo in the early years.
                    : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
                    Geeky : Oh brother...
                    : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
                        Just popping in to show off my new sig. *preens*

Cookies to anyone who can tell me what the equation is! (Space it too funny )
                        And a very puurrty sig it is too. God bless physics. I like ones with choclate chips if you've got any.

Spoiler:
                        Shrodinger's Equation

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                          And a very puurrty sig it is too. God bless physics. I like ones with choclate chips if you've got any.

Spoiler:
                          Shrodinger's Equation

Could it be anything else?

Spoiler:

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

hey look, a cute fic
                            http://crazedturkey.livejournal.com/67572.html

teal'c thinking about sam.

short and sweet

sigpic

Comment

omg I loved it
                              This is so sweet it made me smile. I love Teal'c and Sam

Comment

me too. they're my guilty pleasure. i adore that pairing, be them friends or more.

I see so much respect between them.

it made me question talion
                                Spoiler:
                                ok, so teal'c goes on this massive jaffa revenge kick...but sam is NEVER the one to talk to him about it or to ask him to stop and i have to wonder if that's because...if sam asked him to stop, would he have? or did she not even ask because she knew it'd do no good

I can't say that i really had an issue with seeing how vicious teal'c can be. i always knew that he had the capability to be a cold bloooded killer, but i wonder at the lack of sam/teal'c scenes and if that was a simple oversight or deliberate

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X