Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    that's what i need to do to read the ending.

i never read online i always read offline, so i c/p a lot of fic into word to read at my leisure. the 'bad' thing about symbiosis is that it's so many chapters that it takes a while

maybe if we beg kamil he might put it up on the site in one chunk some day

I tend to do that with long fics...c/p them into word but if it is a short one I read them online. Also depends where it is storaged. I don't like FF.net but I love reading at LJ.

It also depends on who wrote it and if I need my dictionary a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      I'm sure it'd be something similiar on Firefox, but I'm at work and can't check what it is
      Just checked. It's view > text size > increase
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

AD, since you're at work, I'll take a medium sized decaf Latte please

Tracy, in firefox you can also use <cntrl> + / - to increase or decrease the text size while you are in the browser window. Swap out the <cmd> key if you use a MAC.

mg **

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Ctrl + is my friend!

I'm going to write some of these things down for Don. I'm quite cheeky and forward usually (apart from when there are heaps of strangers my own age, then I'm painfully shy) but I do tend to forget the most important things when I'm nervous.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            AD, since you're at work, I'll take a medium sized decaf Latte please

mg **
            Neg, going for a bbq lunch shortly :>

Comment

and who should be her richard burton?

I asked her that at AT2 but she hadn't thought of anyone so...any suggestions for a 40-something actor that can play richard?

and triple bonus points if y'all don't mention rick.

I was thinking maybe Pierce Brosnan, Julian McMahon, or Hugh Jackman. I know that PB is 54 and JM and HJ are going on 40, but are very good actors.

Comment

ooh, hugh jackman.

how about ... ooh the dude that played Magneto? or gandalf.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ooh, hugh jackman.

how about ... ooh the dude that played Magneto? or gandalf.

Sir Ian McKellen would be great since he's done many roles of Shakespeare at one point of time or another.

Comment

john malkovich ...

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Ian McKellen? Hmmm... interesting You know, all our old copies of Shakespeare back at school were full of pictures of him. I really want to see him as Iago.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                        Sir Ian McKellen would be great since he's done many roles of Shakespeare at one point of time or another.
                        that's him!

i knew it was an ian something
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

that's him!

i knew it was an ian something
                          I was thinking him too, but he's a little older than the age bracket we were discussing. AAmy and I are going to see him in King Lear this term. Fabulous actor.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76 View Post
                            Just found an article in the Vancouver Courier that has a short paragraph (2nd from the bottom) about last weekend's Cancer Society Event that Amanda emceed. The reason I am posting this is that there is also a picture of Amanda and her husband that's a bit bigger than the ones we've seen so far. Scroll past the article to see the picture.
                            You can find the article here.

P.S. Hope everyone is doing well.
                            *gasp*

((((Dani))))

Whooot! It's great to see you around these parts! What are you doing on the 24th of July? Ya busy?

Hope all is well with ya, and thanks for the link!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76 View Post
                              Just found an article in the Vancouver Courier that has a short paragraph (2nd from the bottom) about last weekend's Cancer Society Event that Amanda emceed. The reason I am posting this is that there is also a picture of Amanda and her husband that's a bit bigger than the ones we've seen so far. Scroll past the article to see the picture.
                              You can find the article here.

P.S. Hope everyone is doing well.
                              Amanda looking as beautiful as ever.

You know, I had all these grand notions that Amanda would be doing lots of interviews to promote Sanctuary (and she would mention being on SGA and the upcoming Stargate movies). The fact is - when would she have time to do interviews?!?! This is a busy woman!

I'm holding out hope for more interviews though. I can't count the number of times I watched her Urban Rush interview from a couple of months ago. It always brings a smile to my face.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I got sent home from work today because I'm coming down with some virus or something but I didn't feel bad enough to go to bed so I got to work on transcribing the Martin Wood interview on Slice of SciFi.

He sure does like Amanda, here's a bit of what he said :

"So like I said this Sanctuary is going to make a big noise very shortly and it's mostly because it's a great script. When we cast it there was a motivation to find a cast that was ... and immediately by the way just so that you know, Amanda Tapping was in. Because I love working with Amanda, I've loved working with her for 10 years and know that she has chops way beyond what the Stargate audience has seen. It's interesting because a lot of times with Stargate and Stargate Atlantis when you're working with actors, you see things that you actually can't put on TV. You see movement in their characters that doesn't really fit, but it's movement that the actors themselves has the ability to make. You know, muscles that you can't see flex because Carter wouldn't do that or because you know in David Hewlett's case McKay wouldn't do that. But you see these actors doing these kind of things and especially with Amanda, I've watched her do things in so many different ways that it's such exceptional acting that I kept thinking that Man, I've got to find something else I can do with Amanda that doesn't constrain her the way Carter does because Carter is an established character. And things like when we did something in Atlantis called Grace Under Pressure where Amanda came in and there was a whole scene that we shot that I went this is brilliant, this is absolutely amazing and I couldn't use it."

I'll be posting the whole transcript to the Sanctuary thread and Sanctuaryfans.com in the next 30 minutes.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X