X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
    re: Cliffie:
    Spoiler:
    But I can confirm that is *one* hard body. As I came up for my photo op with him, something happened to their camera - gotta love those camera glitches - and we were already hugging and in that wonderful accent of his he drawled "Well, now, let's just make ourselves comfortable...." So *coughs* I got to hold that man for quite a little while... LOL!
    * droooooolz *

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      Well, if you're asking me if you can take Jack...Nope - he's already on my desert island!

Speaking of desert islands, and I know this has probably been done before but if you *collective you rather than just Mandy* had only 3 Sam episodes you could take to a desert island (assume solar powered mini DVD player with monitor), which ones would you choose?

I have to admit I've struggled with this one (so many episodes) and in the end came up with...

Singularity - S1 Sam showing her softer side with Cassie yet working it all out with some great team stuff when they don't leave either.

Death Knell
      - Great Sam on the run trying so hard to survive stuff.

Line In the Sand - Wonderful. And I won't say anything more for those who haven't seen it yet.

hmmm if i should choose three episodes...let me think.

1) Line in Duty, i really *love* that episode, and the character envelopment Sam also had in it.
      2) Grace, it is my addiction...that episode i mean, i love it and i think that AT really played fantastic in that episode
      3) Threads...also a very good episode I liked it also a lot, from the scenes with Jack/Jacob and/or Pete, they were very good

Oye that is hard to only give 3 episodes....coz i like so many of them But that's it i think...
      sigpic

Comment

re: Cliffie:
        Spoiler:
        But I can confirm that is *one* hard body. As I came up for my photo op with him, something happened to their camera - gotta love those camera glitches - and we were already hugging and in that wonderful accent of his he drawled "Well, now, let's just make ourselves comfortable...." So *coughs* I got to hold that man for quite a little while... LOL!
        that's like me and avalon. Ok, i'm standing in heaven...between rick and amanda and i got my arms around his waist....and my fist clenched so i dont' accidentally grope him or soemthing and scare the hell out of him...and the camera snaps

and he goes 'i gotta see this' and leaves me and amanda standing there while he looks at the digital pic. then amadna turns to me and goes 'he's gonna do this with every one' and i go 'probably' and she goes 'well, let's go see'

and we do and rick goes 'i think my eyes were closed, let's do it again'

umm, sure. no problem, wanna do it 13 more times is fine with me

sure rick, take as looonnngggg as you want. no problem. i got nothing but time honey
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

1) Line in Duty, i really *love* that episode, and the character envelopment Sam also had in it.
          2) Grace, it is my addiction...that episode i mean, i love it and i think that AT really played fantastic in that episode
          3) Threads...also a very good episode I liked it also a lot, from the scenes with Jack/Jacob and/or Pete, they were very good

Oye that is hard to only give 3 episodes....coz i like so many of them But that's it i think...
          I don't know if I could only do 3. This is my list though:

I'd start with In the Line of Duty...my first SG-1 episode and a pivotal moment in Carter's life. The experience changed her forever. No longer was she the wet behind the ears/sometimes-awkward Captain. There was more depth to her after that...more wisdom.

Ascension is also a great pick. Sam is essentially betrayed by her friends...no one believing in her when it mattered most...and is left to twist in the wind...but still she stood up for what she believed in. The Road Not Taken is also another good pick for similar reasons...except of course
          Spoiler:
          there she's in an alternate reality and the ones who are letting her down are alternate versions of the ones she knows. But still, she stands on principle in the face of unwinnable odds.
          Another must see I think is The Fifth Man. I challenge you to watch this episode with Carter fan eyes because this is a fantastic episode for her. We see her as a strong, capable military officer...not at all intimidated by political pressure and almost willing to be arrested to rescue her CO and new teammate. Then later she encourages Janet to break protocol...which gave Janet the chance to get to the truth, inevitably making it so they could go rescue Jack and "Tyler."

Grace is a fantastic character study for Sam...this fantastic heroine who's left with nothing but a mean concussion. And in that time by herself, she gives in to the luxury of self-examination: What does she really want out of her life? Is she really happy or just comfortable? Is she settling for second best because she's scared to go after an emotionally fulfilling relationship? Does she really have feelings for Jack or are they just a convenient means to protect herself from putting herself on the line in a relationship she was allowed to have? Not many actresses could have pulled off being on her own for 40 minutes...but Amanda did it perfectly, showing Sam's thought processes as a scientist (Daniel), as a soldier (Teal'c) and as a human being (Jacob).

ACK! I'm already past 3 and I've barely gotten started.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

To everyone - if you have sent your Easter greeting and never received a confirmation, please resend it to [email protected] asap. I have sent back confirmations to everyone from whom I'd received Easter greetings. There seems to be some problem receiving stuff at this address from some providers. I apologize for this.

And I'm clearing this up with the server guys as we speak.

Best wishes to all,
            Kamil
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
              Wait! There's a disco?!

Flippin sweat! I am so there.

*repeats to herself* I will make it to AT3. I will make it to AT3. I will make it to AT3.
              I don't have all that many pics of the party, because I might have been *cough* too busy Star Trekkin Across The Universe and Doctor Who-ing, but I found one. And I do not remember why everybody was rowing on the floor.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                I'm with Julia on this. Strix and ShimmeringStar made some pretty valid points.

So whatever we all decide, I'll support it 100%.

Okay...I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now.

WHO ELSE IS
                IN THE MOOD FOR
                A GROUP HUG?!???
                I am

Samanda
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                  To everyone - if you have sent your Easter greeting and never received a confirmation, please resend it to [email protected] asap. I have sent back confirmations to everyone from whom I'd received Easter greetings. There seems to be some problem receiving stuff at this address from some providers. I apologize for this.

And I'm clearing this up with the server guys as we speak.

Best wishes to all,
                  Kamil
                  You've already received mine and confirmed it and my mother has told me she'll be sending hers off to you within the next hour or so.

Thanks again for giving us this opportunity Kamil! We really appreciate this!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    they imply that he beat her, and sam was certainly cowed enough to have been beaten, but they do never show it.

although, you know, i could just as well see turghan forcing her to watch as he beat the crap out nya's mom. and possibly more of the women. b ecause sam is the type that could handle the consequences for herself, but not for others to suffer for her crime
                    I figured that whatever else had happened, Nya's mother hadn't been harmed - otherwise, Nya would surely have thanked Sam for what she tried to do... or not thanked her at all since her mother would have been beaten for what Sam had done.

My interpretation has always been that Turghan either beat her or let her know in no uncertain terms what he had planned for her that night and that if she tried to escape, he would do worse to all of his women.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl View Post
                      I agree with trying to sneak them all there, its just really difficult to choose. If I really could only take three I think I would go with

Grace- AT was great in this episode, and I loved it the first time I saw it, and still love it now. Watched it loads on my DVD, but I still keep watching it.

Foothold - I like foothold cause its sam saving the world (again), and the way she is with maybourne makes me laugh.

Death Knell- Just think its a great episode. I like that we get to see a little vulnerability in Sam in some scenes when he's chasing her.

Thinking of what eps to take shows just how good an actress AT is- Moebius Sam, Replicarter, Jolinar, and all the aspects of the character we get to see. I think its pretty amazing, for one person to do all that and to do it so well.
                      See, I love Grace, but for me it came down to a choice between Death Knell and Grace and I decided with Death Knell...because while I think Grace is great (and as a penguin love the kiss), Death Knell is less introspective and more about the simple theme of Sam trying to survive, and in the end, there's that key moment when she's done everything she can do, she's tried everything she can think of, and the Kull warrior still gets up...and there is that split second where you can see the knowledge in her eyes that she just can't do anything more...and then her team save her.

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                      I don't know if I could only do 3. This is my list though:

I'd start with In the Line of Duty...my first SG-1 episode and a pivotal moment in Carter's life. The experience changed her forever. No longer was she the wet behind the ears/sometimes-awkward Captain. There was more depth to her after that...more wisdom.

Ascension is also a great pick. Sam is essentially betrayed by her friends...no one believing in her when it mattered most...and is left to twist in the wind...but still she stood up for what she believed in. The Road Not Taken is also another good pick for similar reasons...except of course
                      Spoiler:
                      there she's in an alternate reality and the ones who are letting her down are alternate versions of the ones she knows. But still, she stands on principle in the face of unwinnable odds.
                      Another must see I think is The Fifth Man. I challenge you to watch this episode with Carter fan eyes because this is a fantastic episode for her. We see her as a strong, capable military officer...not at all intimidated by political pressure and almost willing to be arrested to rescue her CO and new teammate. Then later she encourages Janet to break protocol...which gave Janet the chance to get to the truth, inevitably making it so they could go rescue Jack and "Tyler."

Grace is a fantastic character study for Sam...this fantastic heroine who's left with nothing but a mean concussion. And in that time by herself, she gives in to the luxury of self-examination: What does she really want out of her life? Is she really happy or just comfortable? Is she settling for second best because she's scared to go after an emotionally fulfilling relationship? Does she really have feelings for Jack or are they just a convenient means to protect herself from putting herself on the line in a relationship she was allowed to have? Not many actresses could have pulled off being on her own for 40 minutes...but Amanda did it perfectly, showing Sam's thought processes as a scientist (Daniel), as a soldier (Teal'c) and as a human being (Jacob).

ACK! I'm already past 3 and I've barely gotten started.
                      See now I'm wondering whether to swap out Singularity for In the Line of Duty...decisions, decisions...
                      sigpic
                      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

As far as new posters not feeling welcome or feeling uncertain of their posting skills – just jump in and wallow around and splash and make noise and *enjoy* yourself. Few other threads or sites offer so positive or 'safe' a place to get your posting feet wet in.
                        Just wanted to say from the point of view of a really new poster, I couldn't have had a friendlier, funnier welcome. I am of course very scared of being bitten by Minigeek's monster, but am overcoming my trepidation ... I don't taste very nice anyway.
                        "Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage," William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Comment

Looks like Amanda was a panelist at an entertainment-industry workshop this past weekend.

http://www.gifttool.com/registrar/Sh...D=136&EID=1068

I'm sure it would have been interesting to hear her remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
                            Just wanted to say from the point of view of a really new poster, I couldn't have had a friendlier, funnier welcome. I am of course very scared of being bitten by Minigeek's monster, but am overcoming my trepidation ... I don't taste very nice anyway.
                            We're all scared of minigeek...

Oh, sorry, of minigeek's monster.

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
                              I don't taste very nice anyway.
                              Don't be so hard on yourself - I'm sure you taste lovely!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                                I don't have all that many pics of the party, because I might have been *cough* too busy Star Trekkin Across The Universe and Doctor Who-ing, but I found one. And I do not remember why everybody was rowing on the floor.

We arrived at the pink party pretty much after everyone but the French girls had left. We went for dinner at a "nearby" restaurant that ended up being MILES away. On the plus side, the food was excellent and the company even better
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X