Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post

Oh my, I never thought Daniel would look so good in that dress.
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
      There now. Don't let her put you off. Minigeek won't eat you...

...unless you're a puppy
      Uh that's me running AWAY there. Sheesh.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
        Emancipation -

Hated it when I first saw it. Far too much on the in-your-face-feminist stuff for me back then; I thought Hathor was a much better version of a Sam-proves-herself-to-be-as-good-as-the-men story.

Actively avoided repeats of it for Years.

Rewatched when I was putting together my writer's bible and decided it wasn't as bad as I remembered it. In the character notes against Sam, I have written "This is her [Sam's] story. She does get to show that she is a strong woman; that her advice and gut instinct is sound and that she has good fighting skills. She attempts to escape rather than just waiting for a rescue even though she is unsuccessful. She challenges the men over Nya and is impassioned." And I do like the fight scene.

Would I choose it as part of my 'Take to A Desert Island' selection? Er...no.
        I'm very much with you on this one. There are team moments I really like (you get the sense of bonding that has occured on other missions, which never really happened again) but I found the 'soapbox' stance (as AT put it) which appeared in S1 to be forced and somewhat unnatural (Sam has emerged as someone who proves themselves by knuckling down and getting the job done without her gender being brought up-which is much, much better). I also found it a little disjointed. But there are these little bits here and there that tell you that they're getting there with the character. It was, after all, early days, and by the middle of the season you can already see the difference.
        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
          Uh that's me running AWAY there. Sheesh.
          Can't think why I might get confused... Then again I think the monster is actually sort of cuddly-looking, if you minus the fangs and temper. A nice cup of tea and a blanket might do the trick...
          sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Emancipation -

Hated it when I first saw it. Far too much on the in-your-face-feminist stuff for me back then; I thought Hathor was a much better version of a Sam-proves-herself-to-be-as-good-as-the-men story.

Rewatched when I was putting together my writer's bible and decided it wasn't as bad as I remembered it. In the character notes against Sam, I have written "This is her [Sam's] story. She does get to show that she is a strong woman; that her advice and gut instinct is sound and that she has good fighting skills. She attempts to escape rather than just waiting for a rescue even though she is unsuccessful. She challenges the men over Nya and is impassioned." And I do like the fight scene.

Whereas I did see Emancipation as campy, I did see it as a fun campy show, one not to take serious but to just have fun watching it And for the take on the desert island...can I choose Jack instead
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I say we call the thread BOB and move on with discussing Sam Carter, Helen Magnus, 'Gives-Good-Dead' X-Files Girl, and whomever else Amanda's ever played. Including Amanda Tapping. That's a GREAT character. She's my favourite.

This interlude of unnecessary irreverence, has been brought to you by the letters F and C, and the numbers O and L.
              ROTFLMAO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                Worth it for the headdress alone, and the comment that accompanied it
                The image of Daniel stomping around the camp like a six-foot angry toddler because he's been made to wear a dress (especially aggrieved because he just can't fill something this low cut as much he would like) and being chased by hirsute warlords whilst Sam grins on the sideline is just too precious
                I seem to have a vague recollection of a conversation about chickens and chicken fillets and great big flapping birds flying out of Daniel in the emancipation dress. Or was I drinking too much gin that night?
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                  I seem to have a vague recollection of a conversation about chickens and chicken fillets and great big flapping birds flying out of Daniel in the emancipation dress. Or was I drinking too much gin that night?
                  No you weren't drinking (well you could have been) but we did discuss how Daniel would fill out the dress and chicken fillets were mentioned
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Emancipation -

Good points. I do like that she finds a way to escape, if only temporarily and she helps Nya and her mom. She's brave. I think I've mentioned this before, but I do really like the scene with Sam and Nya, in part b/c of the quietness of the scene. I think it's a good AT acting moment. "If you don't obey, he will kill you." "I know."

Comment

No one here bites. Ever.
                      Monster: I didn't know blue jello could *run*...but it sure is tasty.

Comment

Found this on youtube....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N11GfhENmTE

I can't really understand what Amanda is saying. Can someone please tell me! I guess she was answering a question, but the question isn't in there, is it?

Thanks in advance!
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Ooooh, I found the conversation! Made me giggle, even after all this time!

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          I always thought Sam should have made Daniel wear the dress afterwards
                          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          nah. danny couldn't fill it out quite like sam did
                          I don't know.... a couple of Osiris's chicken fillets...
                          take more than a couple
                          Well, we'll just have to shove the whole damn chicken down the dress, then.
                          bawk, bawk
                          Lovely to see you're having one of your saner and more mature days, Sky.
                          Originally posted by Simhavaktra View Post
                          ::imagines irate chicken heads unexpectedly popping up out of Danny's décolletage, and shakes head rapidly until image goes away:: ::sits down abruptly ::

You've heard of a push-up bra? Well, now everyone's clucking about the new Pullet Bra!!! (And it is a wonder )

Jack: "Danny-boy - is that your bra squawking again, or do you like the looks of the Minister of Finance?"

Daniel: "Jack, it's your turn to wear native costume next - and to dance with the Minister of Agriculture right now. By-ye!!!"

Jack: "Daniel! Get back here! You chicken - chickens!!!!"
                          WooHoo - two chickens down Danny's dress! So that means I'm twice as sane, right?!?!

Or something.

On edit: Y'know - I really wouldn't want to see the dry cleaning bill on that blue dress after Danny's done wearing it....
                          "If we don't put Danny's full-dress chickens out to roost immediately, the rest of the flock is going to do something to Major Davis! They've kidnaped him! See - here's the ransom note!!! Please, help Major Davis!!"

(obviously time somebody got some sleep )
                          Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          Daniel: Teal'c why are you looking at me like that? Is it the dress?

Teal'c: I am rather hungry Daniel Jackson.

Daniel: So.

Teal'c: So I believe I smell B.B.Q. chicken Daniel Jackson. (Teal'c tilts his head) And I believe you are seeping B.B.Q. sauce.
                          Well.... Daniel in a dress with chickens vs Major Davis.

I know which one I want on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            Now that's just wrong :|
                            says the man who ships Sam with anything as long as it's female. You do ship Sam and Princess Leia, don't you, AD?

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            wtf.

gtfo imo.
                            GTFO?

Originally posted by wibbling View Post
                            at least I chose the most important one!
                            Yes, SG-1. It's easily NZBG's third favorite show with "Star" in the title.

I know way too muck about you loons. *hugs the loons and the three normal people* on Samanda*

*No, I don't count myself among the normals.
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

There are normal people on Samanda?! Quick! Call security!

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                                Found this on youtube....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N11GfhENmTE

I can't really understand what Amanda is saying. Can someone please tell me! I guess she was answering a question, but the question isn't in there, is it?

Thanks in advance!
                                Great clip! here's what I got:

AT: There's a cute man living in her house and Sam Carter's like...hasn't had it for years. Come on! Ah, getting myself into such trouble here. I don't know...how many--do you know how many I've had?
                                Audience member: No.
                                AT: Oh. 'cause they keep dying.

Comment

Working...
                                X