Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone,

How is everyone? I was reading posts catching up and thinking about what Sam might after the SGC and I agree with many others that say Sam will "move on" with her life and do something new I like the idea of her teaching at the AF Academy and maybe still consulting with the SGC. I think to that she would set up and run an club for children interested in physics. In my Shippy brain she would be married to Jack and they would have children of their own
    Of course if the Stargate and off-world travel were still classified info then Sam would still need to visit the SGC for her medical care as she couldn't reveal the true reason her body chemistry was altered civilian hospital or doctor without the right clearance.

I was wondering if anybody could answer a question I have about tonight's/today's chat with Amanda over at the Amanda Tapping Club, I was wondering I have submitted my question but when we're chatting with Amanda will we actually need to type anything or do we just watch the screen as Amanda answers the question? I know this is kinda OT for Samanda but I didn't know who else to ask, I ask because I have a disability and my typing is very slow and I'm worried I wouldn't be able to type fast enough to keep up

Thanks in advance guys

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

usually in moderated chats, which i'm guessing this one is, you may be allowed to type hello and good bye, but you will be 'gagged' the rest of the time. the mods will c/p the questions you've all submitted, amanda will answer it.

If it's not moderated, i'd suggest making the chat window the biggest it can be because if folks are cut loose, the window will scroll almost faster than yuou can read....which is why they're usually moderated.

attendees are either gagged or asked to NOT chit chat and type to each other, but to simply sit there and read as the mods ask and amanda answer

I'm just going by chats in the past, i have no idea how this one is set up, so maybe you could e-mail the organizers and ask them
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I got to watch bounty yesterday (huggles to a friend) and i just gotta say one thing
        Spoiler:
        i am officially an Amy/Cam shipper....they are sooooo cute together

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I got to watch bounty yesterday (huggles to a friend) and i just gotta say one thing
          Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          She gave me saccharine posioning!
          scarimor

Comment

usually in moderated chats, which i'm guessing this one is, you may be allowed to type hello and good bye, but you will be 'gagged' the rest of the time. the mods will c/p the questions you've all submitted, amanda will answer it.

If it's not moderated, i'd suggest making the chat window the biggest it can be because if folks are cut loose, the window will scroll almost faster than yuou can read....which is why they're usually moderated.

attendees are either gagged or asked to NOT chit chat and type to each other, but to simply sit there and read as the mods ask and amanda answer

I'm just going by chats in the past, i have no idea how this one is set up, so maybe you could e-mail the organizers and ask them
            The last chat with Amanda on this site was modded, and we could only type hi and bye as you mentioned, then the chat features were turned off for us, and we could only read the mod and Amanda's answers.
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              The last chat with Amanda on this site was modded, and we could only type hi and bye as you mentioned, then the chat features were turned off for us, and we could only read the mod and Amanda's answers.
              Sky, Mandy,

Thanks for the quick answers, I feel more at easy now I tried yesterday to ask at the AT Club its self but got no reply. This is my time I've taken part in something like this so.. I'm excited, but you probably guessed that already eh

(((((Sky, Mandy))))) thanks ladies

Julia(samcarterrules)
              sigpic
              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                Sky, Mandy,

Thanks for the quick answers, I feel more at easy now I tried yesterday to ask at the AT Club its self but got no reply. This is my time I've taken part in something like this so.. I'm excited, but you probably guessed that already eh

(((((Sky, Mandy))))) thanks ladies

Julia(samcarterrules)

One thing to keep in mind is while the chat is live with Amanda, they have a very limited amount of time with her. So while everyone may have a chance to submit a question, not every question will be answered. I believe last year less than twenty-five questions were answered in the time alotted. And as of last night, over 200 questions had been submitted for Amanda, so the odds are most of us will not have our questions answered.

But it's always fun to see how she responds to the questions that are chosen and we might get a bit of new info regarding her upcoming projects.

Kat
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 16 February 2007, 07:42 AM.

Comment

it's also possible that some of the questions could be combined/tweaked to cover more of the topic.

Like even if there are 200 questions adn 25 of them are about sanctuary, all those 25 may be combined into one 'what about sanctuary' question.

moderated chats are best. I've been in a few unmodded ones and they're simply a mess. the chatty cathies can't shut up and the window scrolls faster than anyone can read and it's just horrible.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                    Perhaps, but what advanced allies are we talking about? The Tok'ra? We haven't really heard from them since S8. The Tollan? Dead for all we know. The Jaffa? I would hardly consider them true allies and they aren't really technologically advanced. They possess much of the left over Gou'ald technology, but from information we have heard in season 9 & 10, the Jaffa really don't have the expertise to do much more than use it. Really the only true ally Earth has is the Asgard and I can't imagine Sam or the SGC asking for that kind of favor from them.
                    Well, there's the Nox too. Plus they seem to uncover Ancient superweapons fairly consistently , maybe they should keep an eye out for medical tech. As to the Asgard, I don't see why they wouldn't ask. If it weren't already a simple matter for the Asgard, I can see them being interested in the research.

it's also possible that some of the questions could be combined/tweaked to cover more of the topic.

Like even if there are 200 questions adn 25 of them are about sanctuary, all those 25 may be combined into one 'what about sanctuary' question.

moderated chats are best. I've been in a few unmodded ones and they're simply a mess. the chatty cathies can't shut up and the window scrolls faster than anyone can read and it's just horrible.
                    Plus a lot of the questions I saw were unusable, for one reason or another.

In some ways, though, moderated chats aren't much better than an interview. You're right that unmodded ones don't work--unless it's a small group that can handle itself.
                    Last edited by parsifal; 16 February 2007, 07:59 AM.

Comment

i've been in a chat with 20-30 people and they couldnt' behave. dang chatters would just keep chitting amongst themselves and wouldn't shut up long enough to have the question asked and answered.

and yeah, i do agree that a modded chat isn't quite as much fun and seems kinda cold, but when you get a few dozen folks together, it's the only way to have an intelligent and enjoyable chat, both for the attendees and the guests.

People won't behave. Fact of life. There will always be a handful that just ignrore the rules or get so caught up and star struck that they forget themselves and misbehave

sigpic

Comment

i've been in a chat with 20-30 people and they couldnt' behave. dang chatters would just keep chitting amongst themselves and wouldn't shut up long enough to have the question asked and answered.

and yeah, i do agree that a modded chat isn't quite as much fun and seems kinda cold, but when you get a few dozen folks together, it's the only way to have an intelligent and enjoyable chat, both for the attendees and the guests.

People won't behave. Fact of life. There will always be a handful that just ignrore the rules or get so caught up and star struck that they forget themselves and misbehave
                        Couldn't that be handled with a sort of 'real-time moderation' for small chats? Allow dialogue between the guest and the group, with extraneous comments rejected.

Comment

Hence the timeless, undervalued role of the cat - herders.
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            She gave me saccharine posioning!
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm with Sky. I think they were adorable.

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                            Couldn't that be handled with a sort of 'real-time moderation' for small chats? Allow dialogue between the guest and the group, with extraneous comments rejected.
                            We used to do something like that here at GW when we had live chats with stars/producers/writers etc. It can be done, but it takes a lot of work and can be exhausting. I think we 5 mods at the time and all of us were involved in maintaining order in some way. It wasn't easy and we only did it maybe 3 times.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning folks. Oh I need coffee, I haven't been up before 5am on a Saturday for aeons! The things I do for Amanda
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                Good morning folks. Oh I need coffee, I haven't been up before 5am on a Saturday for aeons! The things I do for Amanda

Ah you are so loyal!

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Working...
                                X