No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT but wanted say night night still feeling really tired so having early night.
    take care, have fun and be safe.
    ((((((((((Samanda's everywhere)))))))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
      In regards to Landry...

TRNT spoilers and speculation
      Spoiler:
      In the spoilers that were released, didn't they say that Landry was the president, that he wouldn't let Sam try to go home, and that she didn't agree with his decisions? It's definitely an interesting thought, if this were to be some sort of foreshadowing for the future... Perhaps a hint of Landry's corruption.

I honestly don't think that's the route TPTB are going, because they seem to like Landry, and they seem to like things to be nice and pretty and wrapped up with a neat little bow all the time. But I think it would've been cool had they gone that route a little earlier - shown a side of Landry that could perhaps be persuaded and later corrupted. It's so easy for every leader of the SGC to be an honorable man, but it definitely would've provided some cool conflict had Landry been in bed with the IOA in S10.
      I wish they had taken that route in season 9. It would have been a better way of explaining
      Spoiler:
      the change in leadership of SG-1. If Landry had thought Cam would be easier to manipulate and put him in charge. Cam could have still been a hero (forced to take the lead when he only wanted to join the team). It would have at least justified the leadership issue.

Comment

Have a good night Samcarterrules. Sleep well.

Comment

Hey, has anyone seen this picture before?

Spoiler:

It was the first time I saw it, and I found it on accident.

Comment

Spoiler:

I have that is from SciFi's party at Comic Con in 2005. I think I have that picture at home without the Getty watermark.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
              jckfan from the stockade here:
              Luckily the jailers are quite kind, as all Samandans are, and they have allowed me access to the forum. And they do supply blue jello here, so that's not so bad Unfortunately there's no access to the Royal Liquor Cabinet. Methinks I should signal my friend the emu to come and kick down the door so I can make a break for it.
              Spoiler:

The time has come to free jckfan from the stockade! Just don't say what DEM did to the emu
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                Spoiler:

The time has come to free jckfan from the stockade! Just don't say what DEM did to the emu

I got your six Yoda!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post

Sam: Don't take one more step closer to that emu DEM.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:

Aww, aren't they cute!

It's nice to know there will be at least one person who will be excited to have Amanda around on SGA next season.

Comment

Jack,"And DEM tried to do what to that Emu?"
                      Last edited by JanSam; 19 January 2007, 07:48 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

This might be kinda shallow...but thank goodness Amanda's got a sense of style. I just saw some horrid outfits on certain stars. Everything I've seen Amanda in is so cute, or in the case of award shows and the like, absolutely gorgeous. The woman's really got it going on(and not just with fashion, either).

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                          Aww, aren't they cute!

It's nice to know there will be at least one person who will be excited to have Amanda around on SGA next season.
                          I bet the whole cast will be excited about having Amanda around. Her personality just makes people comfortable (from what I've read). I just hope the negative publicity doesn't put a big damper on it for her. It needs to be fun. She says that she has had a blast for the past decade on SG-1, and I hope her SGA time is just as much fun.

(((Amanda))) We can't wait to see you shine in the Pegasus Galaxy!

Comment

well, i've ventured into some atlantis threads to see what some fans think of sam for 14 eps. it's quite depressing. not everyone is against it of course, but some of the more angry ppl... of course, it's not even close to the HATRED i read today and last night at some other place.

((((((((((((((amanda))))))))))))))))

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                              My thoughts on Line in the Sand:

Spoiler:

*snip*

I loved how Cam tried to bolster Sam. I loved his determination as well. His "Oh what do you know, you only have a flesh wound" made me laugh. And Sam too, which was the point-keep her spirits up.

*snip*
                              I agree with everything in your post, Deejay! When I was watching the episode and Cam said that, I had to laugh. My friend got shot in the foot the other day (with real bullets ). Just before I watched the episode, I had sent him an email going on and on about how I cut my foot and how he just couldn't begin to imagine all the blood and pain. He really appreciated that.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              well, i've ventured into some atlantis threads to see what some fans think of sam for 14 eps. it's quite depressing. not everyone is against it of course, but some of the more angry ppl... of course, it's not even close to the HATRED i read today and last night at some other place.

((((((((((((((amanda))))))))))))))))
                              I decided years ago that some negativity, I want no part of. This is one of those things that I'm going to ignore. If people want to think like that, it's their problem. I really hope Amanda can see this.
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                I swear, everyone's hands in my head these days:

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was annoyed by this. A fellow GW'er told me she was annoyed
                                Spoiler:
                                at Landry after The Return and I didn't see it. But after the smug way he seemed almost *happy* he wasn't going to support Sam (the subject matter expert) against the IOC, like he was finally going to be able to prove her wrong abut something. It irked me, too. He should remember how much he had to beg just to get her back at the SGC before he goes p**ing her off. I'm just saying...

Maybe she should just chuck it all, steal a ship, and fly off to the Pegasus Galaxy...
                                That's an interesting take on
                                Spoiler:
                                his motivation. My first thought was that he was too much of a coward to stand up to the IOC. But I don't know if that's correct-hasn't he done so before? It's interesting to think that maybe he was trying to set himself up as being able to say "You were wrong, Colonel. There was no need to be so cautious about that device." because perhaps, he thought, he would be able to use that against her in the future.

Whatever his motivation, it really made me activly dislike Landry. More even than his oversight in Insiders. Because that could be chalked up to forgetfullness, which while not the best trait in a base CO isn't quite as bad as activly dismissing your expert's opinion on the readiness of her countermeasure which was, thus far, their best and only chance against the Ori, and thus risking not only the device itself, but the only person they have capable of having created it.

Was there an episode called The Return that I've just blocked? If not, what were you referring to?

Comment

Working...
                                X