Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
    I was capping somethings for somebody tonight and caught this one - that it would be fun to Caption:

Sam: "......How come this doesn't suprise me in the least?"

Or

Sam: "Mmmmmm waffles"
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Just going to take a minute to pass my condolences on to the Tapping family, but it is in spoilers so that Amanda can choose whether or not to read it.
      Spoiler:
      I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to lose someone dear to me at Christmas time. I know words aren't enough right now, but my family is praying for you. Words can't comfort you much right now, but I hope that you can feel the love and concern that we are trying to express.

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
      I just discovered that a guy from another message board who I'm talking to on IM is a hardout Stargate fan! We must have talked about everything in the world except Stargate!
      Ummmm, marry him!
      Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
      This was so much fun to read, Kat. And Gate gal's experience while shopping for her DVDs. Which gives me an idea ...

Samandans, have you come out of the wormhole closet?! Do your friends and family know about your (choose one):

a) strong interest in
      b) obsession with
      c) devotion to
      d) willingness to travel great distances for
      e) all of the above

Stargate SG1 and all things Amanda
      E. all of the above.
      How did you break the news to the outer world? Or, are you still hiding your Stargate magazines under your bed? Stashing your boxed sets of DVDs in back of your husband's video library?
      It was pretty obvious that my hubby and I were obsessed when we drove 22 hours straight for a Stargate Convention, so we didn't really have to break the news. My parents and brothers are obsessed with NASCAR, so when they started teasing me I just reminded them of some of the lengths they went to for races and autographs.
      Come out, come out wherever you are ... fellow Samandans, how did you first get hooked on the show and especially Sam Carter? How long have you been watching? Have you ever attended a con? Whose autographs have you managed to get? What do you plan to do once Season 10 comes to an end?
      O.K., I will confess I was a Farscaper first...not to the extreme I'm a Gater, of course. Hubby and I watched the occasional SciFi rerun of SG1, but we didn't get hooked until it moved to the SciFi Friday night line up with Farscape and didn't become addicted until Farscape's cancellation. I liked Sam Carter from the first episode that I saw, but I couldn't tell you the title. She was just so smart and different from other characters on t.v.

My only convention so far was Secaucas of 2005, and we only made it to the Sunday portion (hubby had to work in Arkansas on Sat. thus the 22 hours of straight driving). I didn't bother with autographs, because Amanda wasn't there. I did really enjoy the Q & A and got the kids plenty of souveniours.

When season 10 ends, I'll probably get more involved in SGA (especially if Sam is there), and I'll watch my DVDs. Hopefully, we'll have finished building my daughter's Stargate, so I can travel through the Gate with my kiddos everyday. I'll also hang out here with my GW pals.
      Last edited by Gate gal; 27 December 2006, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Wow, been gone taking it easy and I come back to Amanda's sad news. All I can say is...

(((((((((((AMANDA))))))))))

(((((((TAPPING FAMILY)))))))

My thoughts, prayers and love go out to you all at this time.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
          I was capping somethings for somebody tonight and caught this one - that it would be fun to Caption:

Sam: I will not laugh...I will not laugh...I will not laugh.

Cam: Is she laughing at me?

Sam: I will not laugh...

Teal'C: It is not that impressive

Daniel: This is not happening...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            Sam: Really Cam, this is getting old. Do you have to christen every new ship?
            heehee
            Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
            Sam: "Mmmmmm waffles"
            lol lol lol

Oh, and TJ...
            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
              heehee

lol lol lol

Oh, and TJ...
              Is that the BS or the Jelly making your tongue blue?

And sob... I haven't had Blue jelly in over a month! *Cries*
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

This was so much fun to read, Kat. And Gate gal's experience while shopping for her DVDs. Which gives me an idea ...

Samandans, have you come out of the wormhole closet?! Do your friends and family know about your (choose one):

a) strong interest in
                b) obsession with
                c) devotion to
                e) all of the above

How did you break the news to the outer world? Or, are you still hiding your Stargate magazines under your bed? Stashing your boxed sets of DVDs in back of your husband's video library?

Come out, come out wherever you are ... fellow Samandans, how did you first get hooked on the show and especially Sam Carter? How long have you been watching? Have you ever attended a con? Whose autographs have you managed to get? What do you plan to do once Season 10 comes to an end?
                Heh,heh,heh, i cured my obsession with an exhibition i put on in the museum where i work, i called it "Space,Time and Fantasy" and i'll leave you to imagine what i used to tie in my "Fantasy" part of it! (think Sam and techno Babble)

I was hooked right from the very first episode when Sam walked into that room and reported for duty and how she showed right from the start just how good character she was going to be.
                I have never been to a con but would love to go to the next AT3 one as long as my bungalow does not keep eating all my spare money!
                When s10 ends i will look foreward to the films and also Sam in Atlantis and after that.....well, i think i will look foreward to seeing Amanda doing other projects, but i will shed a tear or two for such an amazing character of Sam Carter.
                Lastly, here is what my husband said of Amanda as Sam when he walked into our lounge when Stargate was on some time ago. "She really is very believable as a soldier, look at the way she holds her gun and the way she conducts herself, just like news footage of the Middle East troubles"
                That has stuck with me for ages as my husband is not a SciFi fan, but he is a Amanda fan!
                We have one signed photo that came in the post from Amanda a few years ago. I had sent her my very first fan letter telling her just how moved i was of a scene she did with TR and we got back about six months later a photo of her with a message, it touched me deeply as we had not asked for one and i had just wrote my letter as would any letter with my address and so on and now we owe her postage and packing for overseas! That is why Amanda is so very special and why she gets so much love back, i hope i hav'nt sounded all mushy but i have typed from the heart.
                ......TARA......

Comment

a) strong interest in
                  b) obsession with
                  c) devotion to
                  e) all of the above

Okay - anyone that really knows me knows that I'm a pretty open book. If you visit my home you will find my wall of all things Stargate. I have 5 concept drawings, a blue print of the Stargate, along with several autgraphed pictures on one wall. On the other side of the room is a wall of BSG autographed banners.

I have several SG Con t-shirts that I wear out regularly. These have allowed me to met many other SG fans around town in places like the movie theatre (were I first found out the day cashier loves SG because of RDA when I was buying tickets and saw the S4 DVD's on the counter beside her portable DVD player - she was watching SG in between shows). When I purchased my sisters Christmas present at Penneys the chasier got all excited and said "I love Stargate" because of my t.

At the school I teach there are two other hard core SG fans and several others that watch once in a while. We eat lunch together every once in a while and talk about SG. Usually after I have been to a con I take my laptop with pictures and we take up two tables in the faculity lounge talking all things Stargate. One of them is even going to Grand Slam with me in April (Yes I'm converting them to con attenders).

My office in the band room has two autographed SG pictures - one of AT, CJ and MS the other is of RDA. I have students that watch Stargate - we are talking middle school.

As for DVDs - well I have a pretty large collection of DVDs. My Stargate ones line the top of the cabinet and two autographed baseball hats (one SG the other SGA) sit atop the DVDs.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Oooober, I haven't ignored your game, but everyone took the good answers so I've had to think a bit. My favorite Sam trait is probably her ability to stay clear headed in the midst of crisis. If she couldn't keep her head during some of the emergencies they face then there would be no SG1. I love the way she manages to make that tough call (ex. killing Marty in D & C) or make that piece of technology work right on time (too many examples to even bother naming one). My favorite Amanda trait is that she hasn't let her stardom go to her head. I haven't gotten to met her yet, but it sounds like she really is one of us and really opens herself up to her fans. That is such an endearing trait and probably one of the reasons we hang out here even when the show is on hiatus.

I hope I'm not too late on the confession game, because I'm gonna confess anyway. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a Charlie's Angel when I grew up. Now that I'm a woman, I want to be a Sam Carter....or maybe an Amanda Tapping.
                    Last edited by Gate gal; 27 December 2006, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I inherited mine. My dad got my husband and I hooked (what, you've never seen Stargate?!) many years ago. My father was the one who brought SG-1 up at the Thanksgiving and Christmas table, he loved the story of how she became exec producer on her next project, and when I told him about Avalon and RDA's choosing to do it with AT, he said, "Of course, who wouldn't..." So, yeah, definitely hereditary here. (Remember, too, my kids fighting over who got to be the "Sam Carter" lego? We're doing the multi-generational thing)

Um... no cons for SG-1, too busy with little people and that's where all the money goes. But my father is talking about going, which would mean I get to go, since I'm his con buddy since I was knee high to a dachshund in line to see Tom Baker.

After S10? Same thing as now, hang out here and rewatch old eps.

Comment

The trait game by OOOOooooberness

SAM: She doesn't let the fact that she has the hots for Jack rule. That and she's so dang smart, and brave, and smart.

AMANDA: She's so genuine and kind. The fact that her smile lights up the universe...and she's not afraid to make fun of herself or be goofy.
                        sigpic

Comment

a) strong interest in
                          b) obsession with
                          c) devotion to
                          e) all of the above

I'd have to say a & d since I did go up to Vancouver, BC for the con back in March.

As for how I got hooked on it...I loved the original movie and when SG1 finally went into syndication, I'd catch eps when I could. Then it moved to SciLie and was paired with FS for a short time. Then when SciLie canned FS I stopped watching SciLie and caught SG1 eps in syndi again.

How'd I get hooked on Sam? 1) because she was the ONLY female character (aside from Janet) that even vaguely interested me. The other females were usually the victims of the baddies or just didn't catch my interest. Sam caught mine because she's smart, brave, feminine without being a "victim" and her smile (thanks to Amanda's lovely smile).

I attended my first ever SG1 con back in March, why? Amanda was there. She was the MAIN reason I went. I don't regret it at all. I have her autograph and a photo op with her. I won a plaque with CT's autograph on it, but that's kinda not the same, ya know. I have Gary Jones autograph and MS's autograph as well. I have "Shep" from SGA's autograph as well. I think that's all the SG1/SGA autographs I have. Oh, I got Beau Bridges autograph for my mom.

After S10? Wait for the movies to come out, hang here with my buds and keep an eye/ear out for what Amanda is doing next.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just stopping by to wish everyone...

Merry Belated Christmas!

On the traits game:

Sam: Her strength and intelligence; she can kick ass and come up with a solution that saves the world.

Amanda: Her generosity with her time and her spirit to others whether they are strangers in need, her fans, her friends or her family.
                            sigpic
                            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Chiming in late: Jadis the White Witch of Narnia was one of my childhood heroes (yes, you may call me a deviant; it happens )
                              DEVIANT!!! *sticks tongue out petulantly*
                              There are a lot of not-so-closeted softies here. Very cute
                              It's all a part of the Samanda lurve.
                              AT: her generosity of spirit (and her eyes )
                              Sam: her selfless dedication (and her eyes )
                              They both have great eyes.

Hey...is it just me...or has anyone else noticed how much Amanda and Sam look alike?

Anyone? Anyone???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                                Hey...is it just me...or has anyone else noticed how much Amanda and Sam look alike?
                                eh, not so much.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X